“terrible”

Ranked #343 of 382 Hotels in Munich
kotka
“terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

we were plannign to stay 2 days during Octoberfest and were planning our trip really beforehand our trip. free cancellation time was before 18-00 17.09.2011. we have booked hotel in july and i have wrote to info-desk during this time several letters and they were replying me max in 2 hours. then i have sent e-mail witht he cancellation 15.09. but i was shocked when 20.09 i saw in my e-bank that hotel have collected penalty fee 100% cost from me. the explanation was that they have checked their e-mail too late! so they just stole from me 1260 euro and refuse to return it back

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Derbyshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

First of all, a warning: There are, I think, 2 other hotels in Munich with the name Atlas (City and Residence) so be sure when you read reviews you are looking at the right one. This one is in Landwehrstrasse, only 5 minutes walk from the central railway station, where the Lufthansa airport bus will drop you off and pick you up. So top marks for convenience. The old town centre is a 10 minute or so walk, again very convenient.
I am a bit picky but I thought this hotel was great. Main thing - book directly through the hotel (I corresponded with Stefan on reception) and try and get confirmation for a larger room at the rear of the hotel. You will have a much quieter room, probably with a balcony and a pleasant view of a garden courtyard. I found a cheaper price including breakfast through an agency, I told Stefan and he matched it, so I guaranteed my room preference without paying extra.
I have to say that ALL reception staff were very pleasant and extremely helpful. I am not sure but I think there is a Turkish connection to the ownership this hotel (it has a Turkish hamam sauna/massage which we didn't use). There is free use of internet at a desk near reception and a free safe in the room. The mini-bar contains 2 free bottles of water each day and the pay-for drinks are very reasonable for a hotel eg 2.5 euro for a bottle of beer.
The room was very comfortable with flat screen tv and two single beds making a double, as is usually the case on the continent in my experience. The hotel has parking underground at 10 euro per day. Our friends from another country had hired a car (this was a mistake as it wasn't needed) and they used the parking area.
Breakfast was good: scrambled eggs, frankfurter type sausage, ham, cheese, fruit, yoghurt, cereal, croissants, etc with very nice coffee and juices. My only complaint here would be no bacon and no sliced bread or toast facility. The only bread was a kind of seeded bap or cob - very tasty but not what I like at breakfast.
All in all, I think we had excellent value at around 80 euro per night, double room. Search the net and I am sure you will agree - and if you want a room with a balcony, I can assure you they are very, very few and far between in the city centre. Munich itself was great and a must-see is the fairytale castle at Neuschwanstein - a really top day out! Thanks to everyone at Atlas Hotel for making our holiday a big success.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Ibinthere
Edinburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2010

My wife and I spent four nights at this hotel on a short city break. We were let down by Lastminute.com as they forgot to tell the hotel we were coming. The reception were fantastic and very reasuring that they would sort it out, but as the hotel was nearly full we got the last room on the main street side ie; the front. The outside temperature was very warm (2300 hrs) the inside was an oven if the windows were closed, so had to leave the windows open. The outside traffic continued all night to the road sweeper lorry in the morning, plus early morning workers ????
We could only comment to the reception as all this was not their fault as to what went on outside the hotel.
The Buffet breakfast was superb and the selections constantly refilled by a very pleasant staff member. The hotel overall must have had a recent makeover because the decoration was to a very high standard everywhere one looked. Had we been given one off the many rear rooms our enjoyment would have been complete, but thanks to lastminute.com who had plenty time to book us I give 1/10 they at least booked the flights.
All the staff were excellent.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GiselleEdinburgh
Rome, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2008

i choose this hotel because due to a work trip in the city i really needed some massages sauna and hamman. this was the only reason because i choose this hotel. it is told to be 4 stars but to go to my room no elevator just steps. it is so noisy and people who work here (just turkish) they speak very loud. the room were i was was without air conditioning (4 starssssssssss) and you couldn't do dark as no chance to have dark tents. room was enough clean but not clean.

• Disliked — room and missing of sauna and amenities as declared in their web site
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Munich hotels

Dusseldorf, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2007

We stayed in this Turkish owned hotel 7 nights because of exhibition.
Location is not nice at all. Many sex shops.
No proper German/European restaurants around this hotel.
Hotel is rated as 4 star but it is less than 2.
Dirty carpet, broken TV, less water pressure.
Also they did not clean the bathroom at all.
Everyday we could see the rest of soap from the day before.
They also do not fill soap or shampoo.
I won't come back this hotel and also don't recommend anybody.

• Liked — Free of charge WLAN
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank pen-TRIP