“Loved the Most Accomodating Hotel Laimer Hof”
Review of Hotel Laimer Hof

Hotel Laimer Hof
Ranked #1 of 389 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed January 19, 2008

Picked the Hotel Laimer Hof off of the internet for our hotel upon arrival in Munich. Was so excellent, chose also to stay again our last 2 nights in Germany before returning home. Coming back to Hotel Laimer Hof at the end of our trip was almost like coming home; or being with a very good friend.
We have been to Munich before, and we will return again. We never want to stay anywhere else but at Hotel Laimer Hof. Very comfortable and quiet, excellent fruhstuck, nice location, and exceptionally accomodating! Very helpful with dinner suggestions, Christmas Market suggestions, etc. Could not have been more helpful and accomodating. Made us feel like we were their only guests (we were not, they were full) and like we were old friends. Have never stayed at a better hotel, or with nicer people. Highly recommend.

1  Thank dillll
Write a ReviewReviews (2,287)

Reviewed January 18, 2008

The Laimer Hof is a very nice, small hotel away from the busy central section of Munich. Downtown Munich is easily accessed by train or tram. The owners of the hotel are very nice and helpful. Anytime I had a question, Sebastian was available to assist me. I arrived early in the morning, well before check in time. Sebastian found the one available room for me, so I could get some rest after my overseas flight. He addressed me by name each time he saw me, and one can tell he takes a great interest in his guests. As a single female guest, I found this to be the perfect location for my stay in Munich.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank ruisenor1
Reviewed January 10, 2008

My husband & I stayed at the Hotel Laimer Hof for a week in December while touring Bavaria. We had consulted the Trip Advisor reviews before booking our trip, and agree that this is an excellent place to say.
That being said, I would like to address some of the concerns others have had regarding this property:
First, the issue of two twin beds pushed together. It was not a problem for my husband and I because we retreat to our respective sides of the bed while we're sleeping anyway, but I could see how the crack between the bed would be annoying for snugglers. However, I really do not see any plausible way that the innkeepers could cram king size mattresses up the stairs and into those rooms.
Second, parking. Yes, there are only 4 spaces designated as "hotel" parking, but there is an unlimited amount of parking on the street, so it wasn't really a problem for us at all.
Third, the showers are small, but ours was always clean, and the handheld sprayer helps in the tight quarters.
Lastly, there is no tea or coffee in the rooms. But trust me, if at any moment you need a cup of something, Sebastian will get it for you. All you have to do is ask him.
As I said before, my husband and I enjoyed our stay here very much, and are very grateful to Sebastian and Alexandra for all of their help with our daytrips. They really do treat you like family.
The hotel is within walking distance of several restaurants, including a really good italian restaurant and a tavern with some fantastic goulash.
Our room was always clean, and the housekeeper was beyond friendly, even though she spoke no English! Breakfast at the hotel was great.
In closing, I will say that this is not a 5 star resort, nor does it claim to be. But a friendly, family-owned bed & breakfast in a lovely neighborhood was exactly what we were looking for, and that's exactly what we got.

6  Thank HopeM
Reviewed January 9, 2008

If you are a grumpy, hyper-critical or up-tight traveller you might want to stay somewhere you can hole up by yourself. This place is like staying with your most accommodating best friends.
You walk into the lobby and you feel like you've just entered Sebastian and Alexandra's living room. It is an incredibly cozy welcoming feeling. This is not an impersonal chain hotel with many staff, this is an experience that these two wonderful people have created. There were a multitude of things they offered from specially preparing a breakfast spread 1 1/2 hours after the breakfast room closed for us because we woke up late to setting up her personal laptop with webcam so I could talk to my little daughter back in the US. The only thing they couldn't do was drive us to the train station because of the baby seats in the back of their car...but Sebastian offered!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2008

This was our first visit to Munich and our stay at the Hotel Laimer Hof helped to make the experience special. We wanted somehere that was of a good standard but not outrageously expensive with good links to the city centre, and we were not disappointed. The hotel was excellent, the bedroom being very comfortable, and the breakfasts really good. Using the superb tram service we were able to get easily into the city entre. For one night we needed to stay in another (much more expensive) hotel because the Laimer Hof was fully booked and we missed the warm ambience that we had left behind. We had read in other reviews about the friendly owners and this was what we, too, found. Sebastian was ever helpful and a great ambassador for the city. We very much hope to visit Munich again in the near future and we will certainly make the Hotel Laimer Hof our base.

1  Thank auditman
Reviewed January 6, 2008

We spent 3 nights at the Laimer Hof Hotel in Munich and it is one of the nicest establishments we have stayed in in Europe. The decor is appealing and the help and attention of the owners is outstanding. All things are easily reachable from the hotel with excellent public transport near by. Rooms are comfortable with newly renovated en suite bathrooms. The breakfast is ample. I have only one 'gripe', there is no communal 'smoke free' zone for non smokers and the lounge area becomes unbearable for non-smokers when smoking guests light up. Otherwise, 10 out of 10.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank fordaleDoha
Reviewed January 5, 2008

We stayed at Laimer Hof in December, and found the area it is located in very nice, and the transport to town was quite good as well. We enjoyed our walk to the Nymphemburg Palace, and had a wonderful, hearty meal at the nearby beer hall. Also there is another little tavern at the end of the street where Laimer Hof is which we enjoyed a drink in.

Sebastian is certainly enthusiastic with helping hotel guests, full of information, and can book tours, transport tickets and the like, so no need for a Tourist Information Office at all.

The breakfast is very good, and there is free internet in the foyer.
The rooms were spotless, however, the shower was very small. There is no lift at this Hotel/Pension, so if you have any health problems that could cause you discomfort when hiking up the staircase, then you should advise Sebastian at time of booking. We personally found them a bit much, we are in our 60's, but quite healthy!

The smoking area is in the Foyer, and I must admit I found this a bit disappointing when we first arrived at the Hotel - not sure what will happen now with the new non smoking laws which were introduced on 1st January in Germany.

Sebastian is this hotel - so when he is off duty the scene changes quite a bit in reception.