“Clean and Modern”

Ranked #206 of 382 Hotels in Munich
Point Roberts, Washington
“Clean and Modern”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

Great place to stay- rooms are clean and modern. A bit small but standard for Germany. The internet is hard wired, which is frustrating but other than that great choice. Easy to get around the city from here. Beds are comfortable. Ask about a rate without breakfast and enjoy a nice coffee at a local place, as breakfast is over priced. Parking is also expensive, but on par for most of Munich.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
HOtello M, Manager at H'Otello F'22, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor user,

thank you very much for your comment on this website. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in such a positive way and that my team and I could make your stay in Munich that comfortable and pleasant. Especially that you rate the cleanliness and our services so high make me proud of my staff. Be sure that I will forward your comment to them.

Dear Trip Advisor user, we would be pleased to have the opportunity to welcome you again at the H´Otello F´22 here in Munich and wish you all the best.

Kind regards,

Tobias Kretzschmar
Residence Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

This hotel was booked for business, which made it okay. The staff is certainly nice, which is always a huge thing for me. However, so is a low level of noise and that was impossible. Not only was our room street-facing, there is a restaurant nearby that is open late, AND, the loading/unloading of a laundry truck and who knows what other supplies started very early. There's no a/c, which isn't always critical, IF we can sleep with the window open. But that was impossible. As another reviewer noted, there's no wifi, only one very short cable. That meant we had to take turns plugging in and using the internet. The breakfast was okay; I wouldn't say it was great--just a typical German breakfast of breads, cheese, cold meats and cereals. The espresso machine was a nice touch.

It is in a nice location for walking and catching the Metro.

All in, not awful, but not a place I would voluntarily stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
HOtello M, Manager at H'Otello F'22, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear Tripadvisor user,

thank you for your comment on tripadvisor and the given feedback.

I am very happy to hear that you felt so well treated by my staff and the service that we offer. We try every day not just to satisfy our guests needs but to overwhelm them. Be sure I will forward your comment to my team.

I also want to apologize for the inconvenience that was caused by the noise on the streets. Usually it is a very quite spot here, as you can read in other users comments. That you were disturbed in a way that it makes you impossible to open the window is a very sad point and I am very sorry for that. If you visit us next time please feel free to ask for a room in direction to our garden in the backyard. I am sure there will be the silence you are looking for.

Last but not least I am happy to tell you, that we are working with several partners in order to provide WiFi here in the F´22 for all our guests soon.

Dear Tripadvisor user, thank you again for your comment and your worthy time that it takes to give us that feedback. I hope you will give us the chance to show you what a nice and quite spot the F´22 is here in the heart of Munich. I wish you a pleasant time till then.

Kind Regards

Tobias Kretzschmar
- Resident Manager -
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

Excellent small hotel in a very quiet part of Munich, but with many good restaurants and bars in an adjacent road, and a few minutes walk to the subway trains, for good access around Munich.
Buffet style breakfast more fine and plentiful.

Room Tip: We had 9 rooms between us equally split on road side and rear, all quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

Stayed here for 12 nights recently and my main concerns were NO WI FI at all. Not even paid, just a cable which is fine if you travel with a laptop ( I don't, just my iPad and iPhone), plus problems with the hot water which resulted in lukewarm showers most days. Admittedly I discussed this last issue with the Manager and he kindly offered me a reduced rate for my final 4 day stay and apologised. The first room I had, had a weird smell and very noisy exhaust fan in the bathroom, which took ages to turn off, but the next room was better except for the construction work going on outside. The rooms are comfortable and a reasonable price. It was convenient for me as my daughter lived nearby. Breakfast I didn't particularly like, but that is because I try and eat low GI, low fat and that is difficult to do in Europe

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Harry1Melbourne
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

We stayed in this hotel on the recommendation of a client who was having a conference in Munich. It was slightly cheaper than some of the other business hotels (about €140/night). The room was comfortable, with free (ethernet) internet connection, and small TV and minibar -- not many frills. The breakfast was included and very good - both hot and cold dishes. The hotel is not easy walking distance from the old town -- about a €10 -€15 taxi ride, or 40 minutes by foot. There are also tram and buses nearby, which we didn't have time to use. All in all, a decent stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DixonsInLondon
montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

This is the fifth time my husband and I are staying there. It is wonderfully ZEN, very clean and the location is perfect. Remote enough to be nice and quiet but still close enough to the city center. We will be back!

Room Tip: Rooms to the back are more quiet and even have a nice garden view
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Crawley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2011

I stayed in a standard room for 2 nights whilst on a business trip and was quite pleased with the quality of the hotel.

The bathroom is in great condition, seems to be newly fitted and the buckethead shower is a nice touch.

I was staying in a room overlooking the street on the 1st floor and there is a slight ambient noise creeping into the room. The major flaw I could find was with the bedding. The duvet was a bit too small, but the real pain was with the pillows. They were enormous and I found it impossible to get comfortable with them propping my head up too severely.

Another slight complaint was when the cleaner forgot to close my windows and having this happen during the end of November, you can imagine how frosty the room became! I don't believe I smell 'that' atrocious, either...

The location is just a short walk away from the U-Bahn on the U2 line, which is great for getting around the city.

Breakfast was good and the staff were very hospitable.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business