“Great food, great price, unbelievable service”
Review of Nostos - CLOSED

Nostos
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

After getting our fill of heavy German cuisine we searched TA for something different on our last night in Munich. We found Nostos at #2 and decided to give it a shot. We were not disappointed! The food was amazing, the prices were ridiculously cheap and, not only did we NOT get treated like scum for speaking English, we received complimentary ouzo and desert! Many thanks to everyone at Nostos for a great last meal in Munich and a welcome change from wurst and Spetzel.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We went here as the reviews have been so good on Tripadvisor. The food was fine, nothing special. I would say the menu was very limited- from a person that goes to Greek restaurants regularly I was disappointed. Service was ok, but our waiter thought he knew better than my request for no dressing on my salad. To be fair he apologized and gave us a 'free' dessert but this turned out to be something that everyone received. We had a lovely evening, but it is a reasonable distance from the centre. I'm sure they are better places to eat in Munich.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Are my wife and I glad we choses Nostos for our first dinner in Munich. It was very welcoming. The waiter/owner advised us very well (try Greek water instead of sprite). The sea bream from Cephalonia done in the Ionian style was most tasty. The Santorini style fava beans appetizer was devine. Everything else was wonderful as well. Delightful retzina and some ouzo complemented the Greek water. Friendly, casual, Greek, and even very reasonable cost.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Studied many TA restaurant reviews and luckily chose this one.

We had a reservation and were seated at a table outside. Sceneries are not very exciting - only cyclists or cars on a street under renovation.

Nostos menu is very impressive, including not only "classic" Greek restaurant dishes but also numerous other alternatives. Also, they offered an extra starter and a glass of ouzo as a digestive and a special dessert.

Quality and taste of the food was excellent. Both lamb fillets and fish were very tasty and a Greek salad was more than enough for two persons.

Last, but not least, was the the owner: he took the orders, brought most of the dishes to tables but had also time for a chat with customers.

Only thing we were missing was a bouzouki music in the background....

Last pleasant surprise was the bill: two persons enjoying a three-course dinner with retsina plus Greek coffee with Metaxa was just 70 euros, Really good value for your money!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

As always, we used TA to check out potential restaurants when in Munich. I am so glad that we made the effort to visit Nostos.

We visited on a Tuesday evening, having visited the nearby Lowenbrau beer garden first. We were surprised to find the restaurant as easily as we did, having read other reviews that say it's hard to find! As long as you have a map, you'll be fine. It's also very near an underground station. The restaurant was also very quiet on the night we visited - perhaps because it was a weekday. We didn't make a booking and just turned up.

The waiter was fantastic, making a real effort to look after us. His English was brilliant (again, something that other reviews had made us a bit wary of) and we had an English menu. The decor of the restaurant is lovely and modern and almost straight away, I was glad we made the effort.

We were given complimentary dips and bread which were amazing. Our starter was a mezze plate - again, fantastic food. Our mains were fabulous - clean plates all round. We weren't going to order a dessert as we were so full but our waiter brought us a free pannacotta square with fruit syrup drizzled over - it really was gorgeous. Then, the complimentary shot of ouzo to finish! I love Greek food - this was the best Greek food I've tried outside of Greece.

Bearing in mind that we had several complimentary elements, we both drank alcohol, the service was wonderful and the food was just fantastic, we were amazed at how cheap the bill was. I can't remember exactly but I believe that it was about $65 euros in total. It really was fantastic value, particularly when taking the quality and the whole experience into account.

We left very happy that we had searched for somewhere a little out of our way. I would recommend this to anyone who likes Greek food. It was a lovely experience and one of the highlights of our trip.