“Excellent small Vietnamese restaurant in central Munich”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cocosnuss

Cocosnuss
Ranked #1,092 of 3,682 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Siena
“Excellent small Vietnamese restaurant in central Munich”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I came upon this place one evening in Munich. It's fairly unassuming from the outside, a long, narrow restaurant between Isartor and the Deutsches Museum. Upon entering I was given a very warm welcome by the English speaking woman who was serving and shown to a well presented window table and given an English menu.
I ordered Goi Cuon Bo (Summer rolls) as an appetiser, which were excellent. As a main course I had a green Vit Curry (duck) which was also very nice, fresh tasting and spicy but not overpowering. Portions of both dishes were generous.
The service in the restaurant was extremely friendly and just attentive enough without being intrusive.
This is a place that's fairly easy to overlook as there are a lot of restaurants on this street however I'd highly recommend it and will certainly go back.

• Visited June 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Best Vietnamese so far”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Honestly, I've tried a few Vietnamese restaurants and I struggle to think of a better one than Cocosnuss. The owner/waitress really shows you Vietnamese hospitality like you are a welcome guest in her home.

The restaurant takes a confident pride in the quality of the food which is well merited.
I had the sate to start, which was prepared so you grill the sate yourself - although I was not a big fan because the meat was cooked and then you 'grill' over a flame yourself. That is, you pass it over the flames, but you don't really get the true grilled taste. Clearly they try to be fun and different but for me it meant I enjoyed the sate somewhat less because the meat wasn't properly BBQed. That said, the chicken was tender and moist, with a good homemade sate sauce.

I then had the noodle and beef with spring rolls - a dish I've had many times before but wow, the flavours were fresher and more intense here than anywhere else.

Accompanied with the warm service and great food, this is truly a very hidden gem in Munich.

• Visited June 2013
Munich, Germany
“easy to pass, but don't!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

There are quite a few little restaurants along the way between Isartor and the Deutsche Museum, so it's easy to walk by Cocosnuss, but I highly recommend stopping! The food is all really tasty and not overly oily like with many 'asian' cuisines, it's made with super fresh tasting ingredients and not expensive. The waitress is exceptionally friendly - with a smattering of English. They also have an English menu. It's a small place, not fancy and very comfortable. Highly recommend it!

• Visited May 2013
Belgrade, Serbia
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Small unpretentious place, although the interior is quite pleasant. On the other hand, the food was superb! When you eat it, you know it is Asian, but it is nothing like Chinese or Japanese food. It has its own different taste, extremely pleasant and satisfying, perhaps not that well known or common in Europe. However it fantastic and I highly recommend it and the place as a whole as well!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank miske50
Burstadt, Germany
“Took a chance and did not regret it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Since it was raining all day, I decided to take in an early lunch. Normally I stroll though the streets and pick a popular place, but all of them were still empty. I haven't had vietnamese food for quite some time, so I went for it. I had a vegetable and chicken soup, which had a very good taste. On the negtive side, some if the veggies were still a bit raw, but no problem for me. For the main course I had a green curry. Most of the times they are simply hot, but this time the spices were nicely balanced, offering a various number of tastes. Prices are normal and once I moved to Munich, I will come back again to try some more.

Visited May 2013