“Great atmosphere and great food!!!”
Review of Savanna

Savanna
Reserve a Table
Bookatable
Ranked #27 of 4,394 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: African, Barbecue, Bar, Grill
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Savanna Restaurant takes you away on a short culinary holiday to South Africa. Enjoy our exotic steaks and traditional specialties in an authentic atmosphere with South African wines and delicious cocktails...
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped to eat here quite recently. Delicious and authentic South African food! Great atmosphere and friendly, professional staff. Would definitely eat there again!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (492)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

what not to love about the South African restaurant Savanna in Munich located at Maistrasee 63. The ambience is calm, the staff are welcoming and friendly the mood is perfect for a 3 course meal on my last night in Munich. I had the green salad with mini tomatoes, avocado and some pineapple chunks with giant prawn with peri peri sauce, amazing combination of flavour soothing with tropical cocktail as my appatizer. The main course I had was ribs (I love Ribs ) the source was bbq mixed with peri peri at my request because I love spice. There are huge selections of food and option to customize whatever will compliment your pallets. Don't forget to keep the wine glass replenish, it is worth every sip. If you ever in Munich please do me the honour to take in some of this experience.

Reviewed September 7, 2019

Really nice dinner in Munich. Great food (I got wonderful stewed lamb in red wine) and good drinks (with amarula) very well prepared.

Reviewed June 30, 2019

We enjoyed excellent filet and several dishes. Our dinner was a pleasure. We also enjoyed the atmosphere which reminded us on our stay in South Africa.
This place gives you a feeling of still being young and adventurous even if you are an elderly person.
We were very pleased by the efficiency of the waitress and the service.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 28, 2019 via mobile

Great food! great owners!
A real gem. The zebra was as good as the steak. Good drinks lots of variety

Date of visit: June 2019