“Good but not as I expected.”
Review of Hans Im Gluck

Hans Im Gluck
Ranked #173 of 3,836 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I had lunch in there today, and it was pretty crowded. They do have a lot of big tables for like 5 people in there, but not many of the ones for two people! Many couples were sitting at those big ones and you wouldn't sit down to not disturb them. The environment of Hans im Glueck is pretty crazy, I liked it. The serving stuff was pretty nice, especially the girls, even though it was pretty crowed, they were friendly and fast. The burgers and fries were good,but they won't pass the test if you are American. All in all it was good but not the burger eatery I expected and people told me it was.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This spot has personality. I would go again for the atmosphere and design. These are not American style burgers. But rather thin frozen meat patties fried up and covered in sauce. Food is ok. But if you are an American - this is not going to pass the burger test. But the atmosphere is still worth a visit.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I've been here twice, both times before catching a movie at the English Cinema (perfect location for dinner and a movie). This is one of the few good burgers I've had in Munich. Maybe I'm just spoiled by the great meat in the states, but Hans Im Glueck get's it pretty close. I'm a fan of the Avocado burger. The fries are also good, both times I was there they were hot as if fresh from the frier, which is also pretty rare.

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

the place is very comfortable and relaxing, the Hamburger well cooked and tasy. Great the combination of different sauces. The menu price is reasonable, until 17 is 11€ for Hamburger, fried potatoes, drink and coffee.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We have been there on a Sunday evening. The reservation via the Internet tool was easy and worked out well. At first, we were surprised by the nice decoration and atmosphere. Our table was a bit small but that was not really a problem. The real cool thing about this place is it's burger concept. First, you select your bread, than your patty (vegetable or meat) and finally some sides like fries or salad. The final burger tasted really good. And if you are a vegetarian, you can choose from several vegetable patties which I haven't seen somewhere else with this choice. The service guys are kind and in our case also very fast. Make sure to make your reservation in time. It's was very stuffed.