Hotel Am Moosfeld
  • Bar/Lounge
Wies'n Loft(Munich)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
All reviewsshuttle servicemain buildingquiet locationmetro stationpublic transportminute walkvisit munichdecent hotelmunich airportrecommend this hotelbusiness tripfairgroundexhibitioneurosundergroundkeycity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Had a few days at this hotel during the 2013 Octoberfest; from the outside it looks a little drab, and the décor inside is more functional and probably aimed at the business guest. Having said that, we enjoyed our stay, breakfast was good with plenty of choice and the evening meals were excellent. The room was a reasonable size with a double bed en suite.

Would I go back here again... yes, staff were always helpful and courteous, the hotel itself and the rooms are clean.

7 or 8 minutes walk from the U Bahn, and if you contact the hotel they will send a minibus to pick you up.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Moosfeld, Verkaufsleiter at Hotel Am Moosfeld, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your review.
We are pleased that you were satisfied with our offered services and food in the hotel.
We hope to welcome you again!
Your team from Hotel Am Moosfeld

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We came at 4 pm and the room was not ready, it was booked (and paid) one month in advance. Staff told us to wait 15 min. So we went for coffee, we came again after 30min, but the room still wasn't ready!
We went to meeting without shower and in clothes we were driving all day.

Rooms are small, there is no air-conditioning, no bathtub, only shower, though they are clean. There is no WIFI, only LAN net access, except for the lobby. The pool they have is 2 buildings away from hotel, so it's almost unusable.

The food was ok, but nothing special. The staff is also something they need to work on.

I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your review.
We are really sorry that you were not satisfied with our hotel.
It is inexcusable that your room was not ready by 4 pm and you had to go to a meeting without a shower. For this we apologize very much.
Too bad you were not happy with the room equipment. Our rooms are functional and meet with its size the 4-star standard. In the rooms we offer Internet via WiFi or LAN connection. WiFi costs € 4.95 per 24 hours; internet with a cable is free.
Structural reasons do not allow a connecting between all buildings to the spa area. We hope you still were able to relax a bit in our wellness area.
Too bad you were not satisfied with our offered food and service.
We are very sorry that you will not recommend us.
Your team from Hotel Am Moosfeld

Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is a very typical German hotel. Small rooms, basic design, very clean, but not much else. We were there for business and it served the purpose but I was pretty irritated that there is NO WIFI except in the very small lobby and even there it was slow and limited. What was also irritating was you could connect in your room but only with a Ethernet cable which you must buy if you do not have one at the front desk. No loaners! It was about $10 and what was also annoying it was at least 5 meters (15ft) so you get to carry that for the rest of the trip.

I also left my plug converter at home and guess what? No loaner but you could buy one. Not a bad price but I could not find even one USA style plug so I bought that also.

They did have a good beer garden and the restaurant was pretty good food. Breakfast was included and also pretty good. Finally no A/C, strictly open window. So hope for a nice cool night. I did ask for a floor fan and guess what?? It was free!! I was almost expecting them to sell me one.

Room Tip: Stay away from the beer garden side as it is a little noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2013

A very nice hotel, maybe ideal for those who know what they exactly need. If they want excellent breakfast and food, very clean and comfortable room, nice bathroom, free net cable and friendly staff.then they have their best solution.The great advantage of this hotel is its staff.This hotel is a special preferably for all the reasonable choices relating the best hotel prices. Special thanks to the really helpful and very skillful lady, receptionist of the hotel, with her... clever companion, her cat.[She can use my email]. I and my wife estimated her promptness to help us...
Our next stay in Munchen will be again at this hotel.. John Aliferis and Effrosini.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Hotel is located at the border of München at 30 minutes from the centre of town (the U-bahn U2 is 800 m from the hotel) and 5 minutes from the congress centre. There is not much to do around the hotel. Rooms are good, perhaps a bit small, with an old fashion 55cm TV but with a floor heating on the bathroom and a good shower. Only two towels for a single room. Internet via a cable (bring your own or buy one at the reception) or wifi for €5 per 24 hours (t-mobile and relatively fast: I could watch streaming movies). The restaurant is perfect: good food for a cheap price. I had home made Goulash soup, which was great. The schnitzel was near perfect! I definitely would go back for the restaurant, not for the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business