“Will never cone back again & never ever recommend it”
Review of Euro Youth Hotel

Euro Youth Hotel
Ranked #1 of 78 Specialty Lodging in Munich
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here for 3 night during X'mas. First of all, they made a mistake which me cannot stay in the double room with bathroom that I booked. The recepition gave me a story/excuse about making such mistake. I can only either choose the room on the 6th floor which is usually charged more for guest or a twin room without bathroom. As a private bathroom is very important to me, I had no choice and chose the room on 6th floor. I check-in and returned to hostel about 5 hours later so that they can get the room ready. (1) the room is really dirty - dust and dirt on the floor. 2) breakfast is crap - The worst breakfast I had during my entire stay in Germany( even worst than the next block - Wombat's which I stayed few year ago). I just had toast with honey. 3) heating is not working in bathroom 4) the shower sink will become a pondpool when you had shower. 5) no one-change your towel & swip the floor during 3 night stay. 6) tv in the room is smaller than a computer monitor. The images/screen is not readable.
After checkout, I found that I may leave a pack of chargers behind - phones, work blackberry, camera... It is very important! I called on the night. Nightshift reception dropped down all info and said they don't know if anyone is staying in the room. Ok fine. Maybe nightshift cannot check the key box. Im told no need to write an email and call again in the morning. I called in the morning around 830 - they said they have not checked yet and asked me to call again at 930 when morning shift on duty. Fine. I called 945.
(Amazing part starts!)
Morning shift said nightshift checked the room. No leftover.
I questioned as nightshift just replied an hour ago they had not checked.
Reception: I thought nightshift checked and could you send us an email?
Damn! Im so anxious
Me: can you just check the room? as i need to catch the train to munich in next 30 mins.
Reception: there may be guest staying in the room, we cannot check.
Me: do you know anyone is staying in the room?
Reception: We re not sure if anyone is staying in the room.
Bloody hell! If reception doesnt know, who knows!
Me: can you check if receiption still has the key? if receiption has the key, no one is staying the room! if reception has deposit, someone checked in.
Reception: we have the key. Can you send me an email?
Me: ( i started become impatient & raise me tone!) Could we just skipped the email part? I have called 3 times (it s not local phone! €2 per minute!!!) and you have all the inform from me & night shift & you still ask me to send you email?
.......... (How brilliant! RECEPTION HANGED UP THE PHONE!)
I called again in 15 mins all becoz of the chargers!!
Me: the line was cut
Reception: I hanged up coz I dont like people yelling at me. I had checked the room myself.......

damn you! If i m not yelling you would keep ignoring my calls, not action would be taken within 15 mins.
If you were me, u would be ask mad as me - calling 3 times, no one check anyone staying the room, i need to teach you how to check anyone is using the room, no one being responsive, and hostel has all info but still ask you to email & hang up the phone rudely!

That the worse place that I have ever stayed and never ever recommend it. If It is not becoz Wombat / Jagahas were fully booked, I would not be here at all! Ruin my holiday!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Samantha_fish
There are newer reviews for Euro Youth Hotel

Reviewed December 15, 2012

* The hotel is very well located. It is close to the Hauptbanhof which is connected to the airport by train (ticket costs about 10 euros and takes about 50min, but you can buy a ticket valid for the whole day till 6am next day public transport in Munich for 11,80).

In most cities the train station is a bad area but in this case it is a good area.

You can go walking to the center.

* Rooms are clean and big. I stayed during a very cold day there and the heating is terrific. I set the heating to the maximum and I felt like in the beach even if it was colder than -15C.

Showers are clean and the hot water works well. There´s a sink in the room.
Bathrooms and showers (there are different Bathrooms and showers for men and women) are clean since they´re cleaned every 1,5h or so.

If you have an individual room breakfast is included otherwise you have to pay 4,5. You can eat for breakfast: bread, mermelade, butter, cheese, salami, ham, boiled eggs (coloured), corn flakes, milk, juice, coffee, fruit.

During the whole day you can have free boiled water and tea, sherry. There´s a pot in the bar. Besides, during the Christmas you can ask for free hot wine in the reception. They give you the paper cups.

If you pay using credit card you have to pay 1€ extra.
They charge you 5€ extra for the key deposit and when you leave they give you the 5€ back.

Internet works well. I was in the 1st floor.
There´s a lively bar in the hotel basement. I heared some noise but it stopped around 1am (it was weekday) so taking earplugs just in case might be good.

Room Tip: There´s a bar in the basement, so taking a room far from it might be good.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Blanca-Spain
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Breakfast was great and a good price. Every bed had a plug and shelf. Very clean. The bar was so nice and barmen so lovely! Have stayed once and visited the bar even when I didn't sleep there. Would recommend without hesitation. Only drawback is no kitchen.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Located round the corner from the train station this hostel was easy to find, and it was easy to get around the city (15 min walk to Marienplatz).

Our twin room was basic, but comfortable and warm with a sink too, and wasn't noisy. The shared bathrooms/showers were kept clean and I didn't have to wait for the shower at all in the 4 days we spent here. Our room included free (all you can eat) breakfast, which was simple but just what was needed before a day around Munich.

The free walking tour is worth doing plus happy hour in the bar at 2 euros a drink and free wifi.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Due to my limited budget, I stayed in a crowded 12bed (bunkbed) mixed dorm. Naturally, when stayin in such a crowded room, expect some noise and inconsiderate room mates. Now thats not the hostel's fault (besides havimg such amazig booze prices at the bar makes it easy to become a noisy drunk), a crowded room anywhere would have the same problem.
The bathrooms are very nice. Half shower and half toilets. My only problem is that to get them to I have to walk out of my room, go down an ice cold hallway, down stairs, down another hallway, and theres the bathroom. (From ground floor to basement) I dont mind this little walk during the day, but at night time when i'm hardly awake and need to use the rest room I find myself wishing there was one on my floor.
The beds are fairly comfortable. Top bunk creaks alot, scaring me the first night in my bottom bunk thinking it would break. But 3 nights later, the beds are still together, nothing broken, and i'm alive!
I have not had their breakfast so I cannot review that.
The hang out area is in the same room as the bar, so it gets fairly loud and crowded at around 19:00 (bar opens at 18:00). And theres no self kitchen or anything so you have to be there to eat if you bought a meal back to the hostel.
Great wifi service. The staff are very helpful. The building and woodwork are both beautiful.
I recommend this hostel to those who enjoy a good party atmosphere, love being around poeple, and have a tight budget.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I loved this hostel, it was always clean, I met cool people, and the bar has cheap drinks! I am definitely going back when I go to Munich! I stayed one night on my own and met some cool guys, so if you're traveling solo this might be a good idea.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This hostel offers so much! VERY clean! The hostel offers a wide varity activities and "group" trips to surrounding areas. GO ON THE BEER TOUR!! It's a ton of fun and a great (and easy) way to meet people staying at the hostel! I stayed in a private room. There was free breakfast downstairs in the morning. Happy hour downstairs at night! There is a great pizza place right down the street and the train station is RIGHT accross the street...it was such a GREAT location! I was in Europe for 4 weeks and this was by far the best hostel we stayed in!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends