“Small room with a big price and a lukewarm welcome”
Review of Feringapark Hotel

Feringapark Hotel
Ranked #327 of 383 Hotels in Munich
“Small room with a big price and a lukewarm welcome”
Reviewed November 23, 2010

Stayed one night here. Put up in a small room with the shower room at the end of the hall. Bed wasn't a full double despite the room being booked for 2 people. Floor space was very limited and it was necessary for one person to sit on the bed to let the other pass by on the way to exiting the room.
The welcome was not what I would have wanted. Not even a smile, and the first interchange was a list of rules rather than even polite conversation. We did arrive late, but were made to feel like we were imposing.
On the plus side however is that toiletries like cotton wool pads and shampoo were provided and the breakfast was of a reasonable standard. A complimentary dram of single malt was also a nice touch. The price was on the high side which puts the complimentary aspect in perspective.
Overall though I wouldn't recommend this guest house. Despite the nice touches, we were made to feel more like an imposition than guests.

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank colmunn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
thadao
Reviewed December 17, 2009

If you want to make a fool of yourself, take this hotel! Your customers will laugh at you.
The rooms were not cleaned up: hairs in the bathtube, two bugs in the bed and no toilet paper. I had to wait for 40 minutes. And no excuse.
There was a smell of cigarettes in the rooms and in the breafast room.
There were not enough bread rolls at 8:30 h! We were the only guest in the restaurant. Now I know why: the meal was very bad and extremlex expensive.
The employees couldn't talk englisch.
The internet is extremly expensive. Be careful.
I was happy to leave this "hotel".
Never again!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank thadao

Travelers are raving about these Munich hotels

North Richland Hills, Texas
Reviewed October 4, 2008

I wrote about this hotel last year and thought I would write an update on my stay this year. Again, this year, I got a "redcorated" room, and it was nice. Be sure to request one of the newly redocated rooms when you book. I did want to use a fitness center this time, but the hotel does not have one. They told me that they could give me a card to use for a discount at a fitness center within walking distance, however, when I requested it, they told me that they only had one card, and they couldn't find. it. Hmm...
The restaurant service was extremely slow at this hotel, and the food average. Since I stayed longer this stay, I found that I wished there were some restaurants within walking distance. There wasn't. You will have to take a Taxi. Because of the wonderful room and friendly staff, I will stay here again.

Stayed September 2008
1 Thank stevewilhite
Also consider these accommodations in or near Munich
SportScheck Hotel
#6 of 6 in Unterfohring
Comfort Hotel am Medienpark
Comfort Hotel am Medienpark
#1 of 6 in Unterfohring

Been to Feringapark Hotel? Share your experiences!