“Tasty and not commercial, nice entourage.”

Schlosscafe im Palmenhaus
Ranked #470 of 3,770 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: Diner, German, Cafe
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: SCHLOSSCAFÈ IM PALMENHAUS is a historical location directly in the park of the castle of Nymphenburg: a botanical glasshouse with various possibilities: breakfast, brunch, lunch, coffee break and an exclusive location for private individual events and parties.
Hamburg, Germany
“Tasty and not commercial, nice entourage.”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I went there on a cloudy day in Munich to visit the amazing Nymphenburger Schloss.
It was windy but insisted (as most other guests by the way) to eat outside. I ordered an apple pie with vanilla (Rahmapfelstrudel) and an orange juice. Both costed around 6,- EUR which is not expensive.
The atmosphere was nice, calm and relaxing.
After a while it started to rain and found myself obliged to relocate my table (outside but under a parasol).
What I like about the place is its authenticity: The cakes (Torten in GER) are tasty and home- made. Everything seems to be real and offers a nice resting time after walking in the Garden of the Nymphenburg Palace.
I rate it a 4 because it is not my best experience. The weather played its role.
Usually few of my reviews have the 5 stars unless it was exceptional experience.
But I totally recommend it! Enjoy!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank VernLand

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Los Gatos
“Nice Cafe at Schloß Nymphenburg”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Nice lunch for two for E30, great setting in the Schloß. Just what we needed that day after weeks of rain in Germany. Outside service available but not that day because of the weather. Would happily go back.

Visited June 2013
hnl
“A little crowded and expensive, but a nice place for a coffee pause”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Was here during the winter. It was quite crowded, and we waited a while to get a table, but we eventually sat down and had coffee, cake, and Kaiserschmarm. It was nice to warm up and enjoy the snowy day from inside a warm space. The service was fine, if a bit distracted and brusque, and the prices are a little high for the quality of the food, but nothing more than one would expect eating at a cafe on a palace grounds. That said, I have had the opportunity to go there again, and I have chosen instead to go to cafes outside of the palace grounds where it doesn't feel quite so frenetic.

• Visited February 2013
Stockport, United Kingdom
“overpriced and poor service”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We had the option of the fast food dining either outside the cafe or in schlosscafe im palmenhaus and with it being so cold outside, we chose the latter. It was warm and cosy in the restaurant and the settings green and beautiful. The food here was nice, but compared to other places in Munich, the portions were considerably smaller for the price. I ordered the dampfnudel for dessert and was disappointed with the thin vanilla sauce which lacked flavour. Also, the waitress brought me a steudel by accident and when I said I ordered the dampfnudel she said this was the dampfnudel. On asking another waiter, he sorted it out. However, service was slow and unfriendly. Would not come here again. Also, have to spend more than 30 euro to use your credit card, but this isn't hard to do with the prices here.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank huge_appetite
Nanticoke, Pennsylvania
“Delicious meals”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

During our visit to the Nymphenberg Palace we stopped at this restaurant. I had iced tea (eistee) which was white tea pomegranate (delightful). Also I enjoyed potato pancakes with applesauce and assorted fresh fruit. The potato pancakes were not greasy. They were great and went fabulously with the applesauce and the fruit. We followed this with apple strudel with vanilla ice cream which was to die for! Absolutely scrumptious--best apple strudel I had tasted in Europe.

• Visited July 2012