“Great Veggie Burger and Fries!”
Review of Burger House - CLOSED

Burger House
Cuisines: American, Central European, Fast Food
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Veggie Burger and Fries!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My wife and I had the guacamole which was surprisingly good. The veggie burger and home made hand cut fries were excellent. I saved some of the guacamole to put on the burger which made it even better!

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Munich
“One of the best burger joints - anywhere!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Local Bavarian beef, fresh- ground on site daily; homemeade buns, baked daily. Burgers perfectly cooked. Amazing taste. They start with a ball 'o beef and smash it on the grill - not sure why but it sure seems to work.
Caution: this is the only burger joint I have ever known where reservations are essential, and if you don't reserve several days in advance you are not likely to get your (or any) time slot. But it is worth the extra trouble. You can reserve online at www.theburgerhouse.com
Now two locations: near Rosenheimerplatz and near Max-Weber Platz in the former wine bar. M-W Platz location has a large waiting area inside, and downstairs there's a beatiful arched- brick ceilinged room which can accomodate larger groups.

Tel Aviv, Israel
“One of the best burgers ever”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Great place.
You have to order in advance.
The service was good, even though we didn't make reservation they set us on the bar.

• Visited August 2013
Maastricht, The Netherlands
“Great Burger in Europe”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stumbled on this place after the restaurant we wanted to go to was closed, and we were happy that this option was available. If you've been to Europe from the US, you know it is hard to find a good burger. This is one of the two places I've been in Europe that makes a burger that even compares to a decent American burger. Not to say that it is bad, but it definitely wasn't the best burger I've ever had. If I were to rate this in comparison to a US burger joint, I'd rate it a 4 (definitely better than a chili's or TGI Fridays which I would rate as just average, but not beyond belief). But it is rated 5 because it's better than the rest!

When you enter, they have all high top tables. We went on a Sunday at about 530 and most of the tables (the place is pretty small, there are only 6 or 7 tables) had reservation signs on them. There was one table open and they sat us there, right next to the bar. They gave us a menu. On the menu, you can order a standard burger (I think it was 180g in weight or about 6 oz) or a double, triple, or a theme burger (one had guacamole and bacon and they called it something like a Mexican burger - but not). I got the double, cooked medium well (yes, they did ask "It is cooked to medium, is that ok?" which you can respond yes or a different level of done). The price only includes the burger, so you have to request fries additionally. They have hand cut fries which looked good, but I went with the chili cheese fries. The chili was slightly spicy (but I like spice) and the cheese was more of that liquid cheese rather than melted cheddar. I would give the chili cheese fries an average, but the burger was great. I also ordered the nutella shake (I would say about 8 oz size for 3 euros) which was decent. In my opinion, it didn't have a strong enough nutella taste but it was thick (unlike several other shakes that I've had in Germany).

In all, I did like this place. I would avoid it unless you are in Europe for an extended period (>1 month) and can't get your hands on a good burger. Go for the German food if your only there for a week!

1 Thank Sean F
Munich
“Best burger in Munich, but still not great.”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

So far, this is the best burger I've had in Munich, but it's still just an ok burger. One problem is that they served it almost raw! no one asked how we wanted our burger, so you would think it would come medium, but it arrived super rare to the point that the middle was not cooked at all. It did look handmade (not some factory molded 'thing') but the beef was too lean - not enough fat for flavor (but that seems to be pretty common in Germany). The service was very friendly and attentive. The seating is limited and not super comfortable (tall bar stools). If you crave a burger, give it a try, but if make sure they will cook the burger like you want it or leave.

• Visited June 2013