“Very nice hotel!”
Review of Hotel Uhland

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Munich
Hotel Uhland
Ranked #19 of 383 Hotels in Munich
Cheshire, CT
“Very nice hotel!”
Reviewed December 6, 2005

I stayed at this hotel for a week and loved the bed and breakfast atmosphere. The room was spacious and very clean. The staff was always very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was perfect to get me going every morning. I found the hotel to be very convenient to the U Bahn and the main train station. It was also nice that the Tollwood festival was going on right next to the hotel. I would definitely stay here again if I went back to Munich.

• Stayed November 2005
21 Thank annettebms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 28, 2005

I stayed here 3 nights with my family. 3 kids and my wife. I got 2 rooms and they were clean and large. The location is on a residential street not really close to tourist sites, but it was fun and I would stay there again.

Stayed November 2005
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Washington, DC
Reviewed November 15, 2005

We stayed at the Hotel Uhland for three nights in late October/early November. It was a bit of a walk to the Marienplatz (we took cabs in the evening) but the hotel was lovely, the breakfast was wonderful, the room was large, parking was free. The night manager is a lovely and helpful man. We would stay here again. We stayed at several hotels during our swing through Germany and this was a special find and good value.

• Stayed October 2005
6 Thank Pen2000
Streamwood, IL
Reviewed October 28, 2005

My wife and I stayed here for three nights as a part of our honeymoon trip. We liked it very much. It's a good location with respect to the Hauptbahnhof and it's a nice walk to Marienplatz.

Our room was clean, spacious and comfortable. We were very pleased with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. They made our stay more enjoyable.

The breakfast had a nice variety of items and the service was brisk and efficient

• Stayed October 2005
12 Thank Travel Guy 03
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 22, 2005

Unhelpful, unfriendly staff.

Although my room was big it was musty and surface clean only. I had a water bed which wasn't very comfortable.

I have no idea how this hotel can be so high up in the ratings.

Stayed October 2005
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed October 11, 2005

We stayed here for our honeymoon during Oktoberfest of 2005. The hotel is very convenient to the Oktoberfest grounds, which we only visited once, but is a long walk from the main square. As with all Munich hotels, it is very expensive during Oktoberfest but reasonable at any other time. We had to pre-pay for Oktoberfest and when I emailed to confirm, they said that we might not have a double room. After paying so much and booking almost a year in advance I demanded a double room and got what we paid for. Once we got there I found the staff all rather short with me-- I'm sure it was due to the season but it would have been nice to be treated a little better on the first stop of our honeymoon.

Our room was enormous-- It was actually a triple (probably due to my complaining about not getting a double room) and had a separate sitting area. You could definitely hear the activity from Oktoberfest until everything shut down at 11:30, and then after that the noise from the drunks going home was loud as well, but at any other time would be totally quiet I'm sure.

The breakfast was great, as everyone has already said.

overall, it was a nice hotel but for us was so expensive so I cannot give it above an average rating due to noise, the staff being not very kind, and being inconvenient to the main square.

• Stayed September 2005
5 Thank MXErin
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 9, 2005

Hotel Uhland is fairly close to the main train station. However, it is about a 25 minute walk to the main plaza. Although it is in a rather isolated area, there are a few fantastic restaurants nearby. The receptionist was kind to recommend them. The night receptionist is a super kind and helpful man. The hotel does need some updating.

2 Thank Bianchi