“Fantastic Food and ambience but overpriced”
Review of Banyan

Banyan
Ranked #157 of 3,836 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We had better food than in Vietnam itself but it costs ten times as much as in the country itself. The range if dishes is enormous and it was hard to decide what to go for so at the end we decided on a starter platter for two and the hot pot and curry duck as mains. The good was delicious but expensive as well. We paid a 100 Euros for the food, for beers a coffee and two non-alc cocktails !

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I was a bit tired of eating heavy meats and rich Bavarian food.
I had known that there were a good number of Vietnamese migrants in Germany so i set out to find a good Vietnamese restaurant. Banyan came recommended by my concierge.
It is not authentic but it is authentic for Germany! It has some Chinese and Thai dishes too.
The lemon grass mojitos are super. The portions are huge! We totally over ordered. Wish the staff has warned us. Each dish comes with rice and a lot of sautéed vegetables.
We tried the pho, the spring rolls, wok tossed prawns, a veggie and something else in beef. It was really yum! I needed this break.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

great vietnamese dishes, the best spring rolls , tasty delicious duck and soups
we adored. But you have to book in advance - its usually fully booked on Fridays and
Saturdays. Also very nice ambiente.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

On entering this restaurant I was struck by the brightness and cleanliness of the premises. There was none of the tarnished façade with which one is usually confronted in such an establishment. We were immediately led to a gleaming table where each place was adorned by a crisp white napkin. It was when we were handed the menu that we learned how much this presentation was going to cost us.

There are several pages of starters. So I assumed this to be one of those irritating restaurants where one is required to have a starter, or suffer a long wait for the main course. I didn’t want a starter, but as it turned out, I wasn’t made to suffer for it. Anyway, in the meantime, we could choose our drinks. I was shocked that the wines all cost approximately twice as much as I would normally pay. The price for beers, however, appeared to be quite reasonable. Perhaps there was some logic to this: glancing round the restaurant, I noticed that the clientele were mainly 30-somethings, young and attractive professionals, definitely wine-, not beer-drinkers.

The food arrived. While expensive, my chicken with cashew nuts was nevertheless one of the cheapest dishes on the menu. I have to admit, though, that it was well-presented and absolutely delicious. Unfortunately, there was far too little, and I had to compensate later with a snack at home.

When the bill came, I gave a very modest tip: I reckoned that the price of the 0.21 litre of wine I had been carefully sipping, adequately made up for any shortfalls.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Attractive stylish restaurant with very good Vietnamese food. Helpful pleasant service. Wide range of options on menu, including vegetarian.