“Adequate stay in Munich”
Review of Hotel du Train

Hotel du Train
Ranked #331 of 389 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Clean, modernized city hotel with small rooms. Breakfast fairly good. Good location, close to U-Bahn, tram and main railway station. Less than 10 minutes walk to pedestrian streets (Karlsplatz, Marienplatz). No free internet connection (prices starting €3.95 per hour). But still, the hotel gives value for money.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The location of this hotel is great. Convenient to public transportation and walking to many great sights. I stayed three nights with my husband for Oktoberfest. At night, it could be loud outside the hotel. The room was small but accommodating for our needs. No clocks or blow dryer in the room which I would have preferred. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NL917
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights and would say that the rooms do need an overhaul with redecoration. Having said that the breakfasts were good with choices of cooked meats, cheese, etc., but there were no tea/coffee making facilities in the room, which I found rather disappointing. We had a quiet room with no view, but you can't have everything. Also I agree with a previous contributor that the rooms were quite warm, however as the weather was quite cold when we stayed, we were glad of the warmth.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mo P
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have never left any comments about hotels, but this is the worst stay I ever have so I would like to share it.
I was going to stay for 4 nights, I stayed on the 6th floor, the first night I opened the window to sleep because it was very hot inside the room (I asked for a fan but they said they didn't have one), but the noise from the street and the mosquito (don't know from where, maybe the dirt carpet in the room) didn't allow me to sleep. Second night I closed the window to sleep (the weather was much cooler), I woke up at 2am sweating, went down to reception to ask for a fan again, they gave me something creates very little breeze (originally a heater). As they told me there were no other rooms available during my stay (but I saw people checked in during my stay) and they didn't want to refund the next 2 nights if I check out earlier. Anyway I have changed to another hotel for last 2 nights without any refund.
In general, the staff were not friendly nor helpful, I couldn't feel any effort they put to offer a comfortable stay for guests. The blinds in the room was broken, the TV is old, small and broken image, no Wifi. I had a very uncomfortable stay there. The location and the breakfast are good but these don't compensate anything. I strongly recommend not to choose this hotel.

Room Tip: Focus on reading the bad reviews, not the good ones. If you can't accept what people mentioned o...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
8  Thank ivycws
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Small rooms, recently refurbished, but with a not very nice carpet and a chair with stains - not very appealing. I've asked for a quiter room and got a room on 4th floor facing away from the street. It was a quite a nice veiw over the red rooftops and with the twin towers of the Frauenkirche.
Breakfast was included and not bad for the price (if with limited quality ingredients), served in a not a bad room downstairs. 24 hrs reception was a plus.

The best feature is the location. On a quite stree 5 minutes away from the main trainstation and the directly next to the Sendlinger Tor tube station and 5 mins away from the Marienplatz.

Room Tip: higher up and facing coartyard, as then you'll have a view of the Frauenkirche :)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank augusta_ca
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We didn't even get to stay here!!!
I was trying to arrange a group booking of 15 people. I received an offer via email days after my original inquiry. I replied immediatley to say I wanted to confirm the booking. I was told I had to contact them with card details to guarentee the booking. For 2 days I tried to call the hotel. Many times it rang out with no answer (So much for 24 hour reception and it was in the middle of the day I was calling!!!) and twice when I did get through I was told that they were too busy and I would have to call back. I did call back and eventually a lady took my card details. The following day I received an email to say to rooms were no longer available!
I'm still quite shocked at how poor the service was and I'm now actually quiet glad our group will not be staying at this hotel after reading the other reviews here.

Disgusted!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Paudie C
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This hotel is shocking – I stayed during a business trip to the ISPO show and was recommended it, as colleagues had stayed the year previous and stated it was in a good location and at a reasonable price (they paid 90 euro during the ISPO week) on arrival the hotel had lost my e mail confirmation even though I had a copy they told me my original room had now gone but they would be able to fit me into a room – The replacement room was not only substandard not having a W/C bath or shower they also told me as it was a show week the prices were double the normal rate !!! what a joke – I explained that the hotel was recommended to me at a price around 100 euro but they insisted I paid 160 euro or my option was to go and look for another hotel which I was told would be impossible due to the ISPO show. I tried to get a refund off the hotel management but was told I had no chance. The hotel also ran out of breakfast and refused to replace the missing items basically telling me I should have arrived at breakfast sooner I arrived at 08:30. The receptionists customer service was shocking her whole attitude to the situation was a joke – A real shame as the ISPO show and the city were great

Room Tip: Do not book this hotel
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business