“Psycho Manager What an ordeal”
Review of Hotel du Train

Hotel du Train
Ranked #341 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Booked a double bed room for two nights in August 2011, had fax confirmation from hotel two months before getting there. Call the week before to confirm again and to let them know we would be in late from Italy. Train to Milan was late we missed our connection to Munich and had to leave on a later train. I called from Italy around 11:am to let them know we would be there around mid-night. Asked if that was ok, the lady said no problem. My wife and two sons 13 and 12 years old show up just after mid-night exhausted. I show the manager my confirmation and tell her my name. (She is around 55 years old black hair). She yells at me and says "No Rooms you did not call No Rooms". She turns away and walks into a side office. I though she was joking, but she just sat there in that side office, I guess she expected me to walk off into the night. I said excuse me "I have a confirmation and I did call". Her next response was "You are a lair you did not call someone else is in the room". I was so angry but I kept my cool and I asked her to look at my cell phone and see that I had called and spoke to someone for 3 minutes. She called me a lair again and she wandered back and forth from her office to the front desk. At that time her replacement walk in and between me and the psycho manager was brought up to speed on the situation. He took the time to look at my cell and called the lady I spoke to earlier. During that time Psycho manager walked out into the night. Samson was a wonderful man, he offered us a place to sit and brought the kids something to drink. He help us get a room at a near by Hotel, obviously much more expensive that we had planned on, but I figured these things happen and we were on vacation, it get worse. Before leaving for the new hotel I told Samson I would be back tomorrow but would stay an extra day in Munchin could he get us the 2nd night of our reservation and an additional night. He said he would make sure the day manager knew and that it would be no problem, he apologized for the mix up and said he would see us tomorrow. The next day we checked out of our hotel and came back. As it turned out the day manager was the lady I spoke to from Italy, she started to explain that I should have authorized my credit card over the phone, but I did not want to get into it since what was done was done. I wanted to tell her that neither the confirmation nor did she mention my credit card authorization. I explain to her that wanted the room for two nights and gave her my credit card. I was paranoid, and felt alittle embarrasesd when I asked her twice if had the room for two night. "Yes it's O.K." . We had a great day in Munich and enjoyed a good night's sleep. The next day psycho manager was back but I was determined not to get ugly even though I was upset about being called a lair. I said "guten morgen" and handed her my key for the day, we had a day trip to Salzburg planned. "Checking out" she says. No I have the room for another night I explained. "No rooms". I nodded my head and said "unbelievable". So we went back to our room to pack and as I was checking out later Samson walked in. He too could only nod his head in disbelief. Two nights I said, "I know" he said. Not once did that black haired and I am sure black hearted psycho apoligize for anything that happened or for what she said.to me. Left that day for France and enjoyed the rest of my vacation.

David from Texas

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank David G
There are newer reviews for Hotel du Train

Reviewed March 19, 2011

had moved from a hotel near the munich railway station to this one on a friend's recommendation and while found this more roomy and better what was a let down was the breakfast which was pretty much the same for all three occasions I had it. also the service was not that great. internet access was ok but still expensive.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Small rooms & bathrooms are the main problem with this hotel.I was in a twin by myself luckily, as two people would struggle to to move around! Apart from that the breakfasts were good, friendly staff, all you need for a city break. Herzog-Wilhehm is ideally located for Marien Platz where all the lovely churches are plus good shops.
Time permitting a visit to Garmisch is recommended, my son & I took the train and the scenery was lovely.
If you need plenty space I wouldn't stay here but it's ok for a short break.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2011

This is a nice hotel in Munich quite well located, you can walk from there to the central station, (20 minutes). Rooms are a bit small, my friend and I wanted a double bed but they didn't have it.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2011

I am travelling around Europe quite a lot and I am not used to complain about hotels I stayed. But this time I have to write something about it even if my company had to pay for it.
I am from a former socialist country in Central Europe so I am really not expecting big things and I have seen a lot of hotels in Europe. The most important for me is a clean room, friendly staff and a normal breakfast. This hotel has a three star classification so of course I was not looking for any luxury. But the room was unbelievable dirty and when I checked in and saw the room I really was shocked. The equipement in room is approximately 30 years old and the bathroom was just ugly. So I went back to check in counter and told them that they have to change the room. The young girls who was working there seemed not to be able to change my room. She just told be that she was not allowed to do this. Finally it was late evening and needed to have some sleep so I was just too tired to argue. The breakfast in the morning was worse than in a youth hostel in Soviet Union in the 70ies, the room and the service also.
Finally I had business meeting so I checked out. My secretary and me wrote about ten mails to this so-called hotel that I dont agree how I was treated there. But surprise, surprise-no answer yet- by the way I stayed in October 2010.
So I suggest to everybody, especially business travellers not the stay there to avoid a big deception.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 13, 2010

Have stayed in this hotel 4x before. As travelling with friends I booked the rooms back in June so was rather surprised to be informed on arrival that no double room available. Showed the written confirmation but Manager said they could not guarantee a double room - so we could not quite figure out what value their confirmation represented.
Location of hotel is excellent, rooms are small but clean and a decent breakfast. Noticed a new place opposite called Motel One so next time in Munich will try this out.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 6, 2010

I booked the hotel as if offered, w-lan in the room without extra fee. But the hotel asked 3.95 euros per hour to use the w-lan. Next to the reception desk is a publc internet access without extra fee. But there is no space to note anything. When I asked to manager of the hotel, she just said, it's the way it is.

I noticed other guests complaining that their bed broke down in the night. The manager's reply: If you don't like it the way it is - move.

The stay was during Oktoberfest, so no chance to move as all hotels were booked.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business