“A great respite from the city”
Review of Hotel Heigl

Hotel Heigl
Ranked #211 of 383 Hotels in Munich
Orange Park, Florida, United States
“A great respite from the city”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

My 15 y.o. son and I (mom) traveled around Germany for 2 weeks, and honestly, this was the best hotel in which we stayed. The room was gigantic, we literally turned on some music and danced around...just because we had the space to do so! The bed was quite comfortable and the bathroom was pretty big and totally private. That's saying something since the other hotel bathrooms were SUPER tiny and a couple had embarrassingly little privacy.The staff was friendly and helpful, if not always readily available. It seems there was only one person working the front desk at a time, and a few times when I went to the desk for questions, it took several minutes for the employee to get there. Totally understandable as there's a lot more to do than just sit at the front desk. I also appreciated the fact that we didn't have to walk up a flight of stairs to get to the first floor. It's situated in a quiet, cozy little neighborhood, about a 20 minute travel to the city by bus and s-Bahn. It was a quick 2 minute walk, if that, to get to the bus stop. We didn't have time to eat the breakfast, but it smelled good every time we passed it.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Terpmama4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This delightful property is a 20-minute subway or tram ride from the central city...but it's an easy connection and the ride is worth it. Travelers should know that if they arrive in Munich by train they can ride the city's public transport for free. The Heigl is in a neighborhood of gardens, restaurants and stores that more resembles a town, than a suburb of a large city. The property is extremely well maintained; there is a nice lobby for sitting and chatting; the rooms are quiet. The owners make you feel welcome in every way. The breakfast was the best I had on a two-week trip in Europe--interesting delicacies and treats along with standard cheese, cold cuts and eggs. You will need to furnish your own shower cap and shampoo, as the property provides a dispenser "all-purpose body wash-shampoo"---as is becoming common in many hotels to avoid soap bar waste. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Noise wasn't an issue....I was truly surprised at breakfast to see how many people were staying...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Tigesgirl
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Very comfortable, friendly, accomodating family b&b. Staff took pride in their establishment. Breakfast was excellent in the sunroom. Nice residential neighborhood with free parking. Large room. Excellent value. Highly recommend!
They even gave us a gift when we checked out.. homemade plum marmalade! Great!

• Stayed December 2012
4 Thank SuppyKuppy
Dielsdorf, Switzerland
Reviewed November 20, 2012

You can't get anything better in Munich for that rate! The rooms a nicely furnished, the small bathroom has everything you need, the breakfast offers a lot, the service is great. Well at the reception they could be a bit more friendly but it was still ok. No problem to park the car, the public bus leaves in front of the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank H B
Geneve
Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

It is a kind of family b b, clean, well located. The owners are very friendly and available for any request.

Rooms are all different, the also have a kind if family rooms with two separate bedrooms.

It is cheap and breakfast is awesome!

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank frgad3c
Linz
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I booked my 3 nights and 4 days on the internet (booking.com), it was my first time and I was a bit scared, that everything will be fine. Yeah, I started my trip to Munich - to the hotel and I was pleased that there was such a lot parking space around the house. Then I entered, Mr. Heigl - the boss himself - welcomed me, my first question was everything fine about my reservation. He answered everything perfect, I will get the bill...... I had the possiblility to check in 2 hours earlier. Thank you!!! You are so kind. After that we went to my well cleaned single room, he explained the elevator, times for breakfast, a few words to the room, the telephone, the internet - I have to go and get a code from the reception,... Please call or ask us, if you have any problems, complains,... And CAN I HELP YOU with your luggage? No, thank you. Back at home in the evening, internet code from a collegue - a very friendly person - she promised me to bring my written postcards to the post box - that`s definitely no problem. Next morning - really very many friendly women as stuff from the hotel for breakfast. Such a perfect breakfast. (I have worked as a waitress for several years.) I love RONNEFELDT. I really do love it. In the evening suddenly my friend from Austria decided to come to Munich by train... She needs a room. My single room was able to "get" one more bed. Mr. Heigl was really very friendly and he promised me, that this wouldn`t be any problem, tell me in the morning, then every thing will be fine in the evening for you. And everything was pretty fine in the evening. Two beds for the last night. A new morning, the same very friendly stuff at breakfast. The same perfect breakfast. Delicous watermelons, ananas, rolls, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, ham, bacon, cheese, jam, tea, coffee,... Really perfect, because usually I don`t like breakfast in the morning. But I am on holiday, so I train myself for a better start in the morning. Then finished, my friend had to pay the bill for her "b&b", Mr. Heigl took a few photos from us in his house and in front of it,... an he gave me "Hotel Heigl - Ihre Bewertung zählt" and so I sit here like I promised in the morning and write a review. I can`t say anything negative, I only can tell them not to change anything because it is perfect. And one day I will come back and I will do advertisment for this nice place on earth. ...a lot of people from different countries and different ages stayed at the same time in the hotel. Everybody was quiet and peaseful....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank g-riederer
Munich, Germany
Reviewed June 7, 2012

A cosy and friendly little hotel with very rich breakfast, easily reachable even by bus and "S-Bahn" (metropolitan train) if you accept a good 30 minutes to the city centre (the hotel is officially in Munich, but de facto in a idyllic countryside south of the centre). Price for a single room was under 60 Euros with breakfast when I booked (May 2012).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Munich
Hotel Pegasus
Grand Hotel Palladium Munich
Hotel Alter Wirt
Hotel Alter Wirt
#1 of 4 in Gruenwald

Been to Hotel Heigl? Share your experiences!