“Nice value hotel near the train station”
Review of Hotel Eder

and 1 more site!
Hotel Eder
Ranked #65 of 388 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Like other reviewers have said, this hotel offers a nice value with clean, well appointed rooms, professional, courteous service and a generous breakfast included. As noted elsewhere, there's no AC and the street outside is quite noisy should you need to keep the windows open. It's conveniently located very near the train station/metro but be aware that the trade off is a somewhat gritty surrounding neighborhood.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed July 5, 2014

I have mixed reviews as does other but I think that there is justification that needs to be made. Hotel Eder is very convenient for the train station along with the main roads leading to Marienplatz etc. The room was also well priced for what we received inclusive of breakfast. The room was clean and there was daily service as well. The negatives for us were that in the dead of summer, no AC made it difficult for the 4 of us to sleep some nights. We would often open the door to the outside during the night to cool it down as our room would retain heat from showers and 4 people in a tight space. Overall I thought that an average review would be a disservice for what we had but at the same time, I am not sure that we would pick to return here without reviewing our options first.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Wolfpacker88888
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This was a tough one to review... There are some really good features about it and the price is definitely a bargain, yet few things has really put me off.
I stayed for two days in a single room. The room was tiny but very functional, I had to trouble arranging my stuff comfortably. It was very clean, and both the room and the hotel's main areas are nicely decorated and finished in light wood. The shower was one of the best in terms of water pressure & temperature rangeI've had in a while.
Location is truly superb - it's 5-10 min from the main station on one side and the bustling historic and shopping city centres on the other, yet it's hidden from all the buzz.
Another positive was the breakfast - not a huge selection, but very much to my taste and of great quality - baked goods, cold meets, fresh farm cheese, surprisingly good for a hotel coffee.
Now - for the not so good things, which brought the rating from 5* to 3* for me. First and foremost - the staff, especially reception, were incompetent, unwelcoming and patronising. I arrived very early (7am) and was told the room would be ready by 11am, even though my booking had 13:30 as the check-in time. I return at 11:40, and there's another reception staff who's shocked by the very idea the room can ever be ready before 13:30, pretty much implying I was lying... A minute later maid informs him that the room is indeed ready... It's not a big deal, I was in the end checked-in early, but with an attitude. Dared I ask for a help with my heavy bag - as my room was on the 1st floor and there's no elevator - he rolled his eyes and left me struggling with the stairs.
Second big disappointment was the WiFi - I can deal with several levels of logins & passwords if it brings me a fast connection. Not the case - and I'm not talking streaming videos, it was a matter of luck to get the signal, and the traffic was not enough even for an email with no attachments. Worst hotel internet ever.
Finally, my room was facing the inner courtyard and hence was hidden from the street traffic. Yet, some people (staff?) would sit there chatting & smoking till late, and even with the windows locked I was getting both the noise and the cigarette smell.
Overall, 3* is an average rating, but there was nothing average about this place - some things (price, location, decor, cleanliness, breakfast) were spot-on, but others (staff, WiFi) were simply dreadful.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Anya_Ukr
Reviewed June 18, 2014

A five minute walk from the main station, and within walking distance of the Marienplatz and all the local shopping. The staff was excellent, the rooms were adequately spacious, bathroom was nice, and everything was very clean. We were also very pleased with the included breakfast. The location was outstanding and for what you pay, it will be difficult to beat this hotel. We would certainly stay here on our next visit and recommend this to anyone traveling to Munich. This hotel is a great choice.

Room Tip: Choosing a room that does not overlook the street will make your stay a little more quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank JBLR
Reviewed June 16, 2014

This hotel is 1/12 blocks from the main train station in Munich, with easy walking to the city center. The staff was most helpful with providing tips on restaurants, tours and places of interest. Our room was on the first floor (one floor above ground floor); it was very clean with a lovely bathroom - even heated tile on the floor! It is an ideal place to stay when vacationing in Munich.

Room Tip: A back room has less street noise- we were not bothered at all.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mary V
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Near to the Munich main train station, shopping center area, tourist destination, plenty restaurants. Very comfortable area and clean room, nice shower room and includes breakfast . All staff are very welcome and friendly. Suite to all travelers. FYI no lift service

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Lina J
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I stayed at Hotel Eder for 2 nights. My single room was on the third floor so I had to carry my suitcase up 3 long stairs. The room was small but good for 1 person. There is a bathroom with toilet and shower so it was very nice. Wifi is free and good signal, absolutely no problem. Reception staff are very nice and helpful. Breakfast was okay and adequte for the room rate. The hotel is very close to Hauptbahnhof (the Munich central train station), less than 5-min walk. Hence if you are travelling by train, it is very convenient.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo