Lowest prices for your stay
$417
Hotels.com
$312
$312
Priceline$417
eDreams$417
CheapTickets$312
All reviews great location spacious bathroom breakfast included would stay here again viktualienmarkt minibar oktoberfest tram euro
Selected filters
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We stayed here two nights. The walk from the U station was a little longer than I expected but we were dragging suitcases. Other times the walk wasn't so bad. The front desk person was distracted with phone calls which was annoying during our check in. Otherwise this place was great. Our room had a small Juilet balcony overlooking the quiet courtyard. There were electric metal shutters to close at night which did not let in any light and allowed us to sleep in late. The elevators are obviously an addition to this old building and are added to the outside of the building. So it stops between floors and you need to climb 1/2 flight to reach your floor. I didn't want to eat at the hotel's restaurant but changed my mind at the last minute and I'm glad I did. The food was very good for dinner and the included breakfast. Ate dinner there both nights. I would definitely recommend this place. A good value.
I am a little confused by another reviewer's comments. Of course the TV and books are in German. It's in Munich!!

Date of stay: May 2014
2  Thank Elgringo1963
Reviewed May 15, 2014

The best part of the hotel is the location.You can get transport of all kinds and also walk to Marienplaza.Breakfast is good and leisurely.However, the rooms dont come cheap.150 euros for a room which is just ok was not my cup of tea.Had to drag our bags up as the elevator did not go up to our room.The place does not give you an "open" feel. Felt kind of claustrophobic in the entrance lobby
My serious advice to people on vacation is to carry a couple of books to read.The rains can have you indoors for quite some time.the TV channels show nothing but German channels every where and it gets frustrating.You cannot get any books in English.Better idea is to be equipped.Carry your music, books and Ipad so that you don't get bored

Date of stay: April 2014
2  Thank poonamnanda
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I am rarely "wowed" by a hotel, but I was extremely impressed with Hotel Deutsche Eiche. It advertises itself as a 3 star property, but it rivals many 5 star hotels in my opinion.

Pros
-Even though the hotel is a few old (?five years) but it still looks new. The owners must look after it very well. The rooms very nicely decorated and the renovation is good.
-Very spacious rooms.
-This hotel has history and character (unlike big hotel chains)
-Free wifi
-Free minibar
-Free excellent hot breakfast
-The restaurant is very good. It's not just a "hotel restaurant." The restaurant itself is well known and many locals go there just for the restaurant.
-Very clean.
-Quiet.
-One minute to tram stop which can take you to the main train station (with trains to airport).

Cons
-Absolutely none.

I think this is an excellent hotel. I will pick it again over many five star properties because of its history and character. I only got a single standard room but it felt like a super deluxe room. It was the best hotel (in its price range) I have ever stayed at.

Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Great place to stay--spacious rooms with free mini bar, WiFi and great, clean, modern bathrooms with nice shower. They offer free breakfast until 11:00 am. The hotel is centrally located and close to all major tourist attractions and gay bars.

Date of stay: December 2013
1  Thank Ridgefieldus
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stayed here for a few days - attracted to its central location. Closest station is Marienplatz (where you can alight travelling to / from the airport - less than 10min walk), or it's about £5 to take a taxi from Munich Hauptbahnhof. Several supermarkets and shops nearby. Taxi rank a minute's walk away.
This is a gay-orientated hotel but happily accommodates straight singles and couples. The premises also houses a large gay sauna, and be warned - the hotel reception also doubles as the sauna reception with people coming and going. If you feel uncomfortable with this then I suggest you may prefer elsewhere.
If you are happy with this setup then this hotel is recommended. I stayed in basic single room on the forth floor. Room was clean with very effective blinds and there was not too much street noise. Big safe. Very informative guide in English and German. Extra pillows and tea-making facilities can be provideded. Complimentary bottle of water and streetmaps. Bathroom lacks a door but discretion is provided by a painted shower cubilce. Basin is lit by a funky green light but is a bit shallow - not quite deep enough and spills easy! All in all a comfortable stay.
Staff universally friendly. Breakfast was fine with a buffet and hot dishes available on request. Restaurant also vey good and seemingly very popular with locals.
Comfortable with the bath-house / hotel setup? If so, this hotel comes recommended.

Date of stay: December 2013