“Good location,pity about the hotel”
Review of Cosmopolitan Hotel

Cosmopolitan Hotel
Ranked #308 of 383 Hotels in Munich
Airdrie, United Kingdom
“Good location,pity about the hotel”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Booked here for a weekend in mid-march,when in Munich to celebrate a friends 40th birthday.The hotel is in a good location near plenty bars and restaurants.The subway is only 5 minutes walk from hotel.
Apart from the good location the hotel hasn't got much going for it.The rooms are very average.All balcony's have a net running down them giving you the feel you are locked up in a prison.
The shower was pathetic.When set at maximum height it would only be good for someone at 5ft 5inch or under.Being 6ft myself it was an annoyance.
I found the girl at reception very unpleasant.Just before checking out myself or my friend misplaced our room key somewhere in room.When checking out we explained this only to be told there would be a charge of 35 euro for not handing in key.
Totally disgraceful.We are talking 30 GBP for a silly key here that the cleaner would no doubt have found.Even if not it would never cost 35 euro to cut a new key.
She actually accused us of having a 2nd key which we had to fiercely deny.We paid the 35 euro and left hotel in a very foul mood.
It was a blip in an otherwise great weekend.Munich was wonderful.Wish The Cosmopolitan Hotel could have matched it.
Won't be back.Will stay elsewhere in my next visit to munich.If i were you i would do the same.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank scott r
socialcosmo, Manager at Cosmopolitan Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Scott R,

Thank you for your review. I´m surprised about it. There were a couple of incidents concerning your groups stay - but I don´t wont to go to details so far.

Our mattresses are two meters tall - isn´t that big enough? What´s the size you usually use? My collegue (Sarah, one of the friendliest people I know - ask other guests) told me, that you went up to your rooms a couple of times to search the key - without luck. Send me your email address to our email and I will send you the Invoice for the key and you will see that your right: To cut a new key from a system NEVER cost 35 Euro - it cost 42!!! Euro.

Every year we have so many lovely and satisfied guests. So many frequenter who loves our staff and hotel.

We would be happy to welcoming you again to Munich, but not in our Hotel.

Christoph Grödl
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

We have just enjoyed our third stay in the Cosmopolitan hotel. The hotel is set back from the street in a quiet courtyard ( although that calm is currently being disrupted by building works close to the hotel. We stayed in a junior suite which was spacious and comfortable. Other reviewers have commented on the decor; it is becoming a little tired and shabby but that is, so far, a minor concern and did not detract from our enjoyment.
It is very handily located being close to the; underground, Englischer Garten and a plethora of eating places.
The buffet breakfast is excellent. We would happily visit again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
socialex, Sales & Marketing Manager at Cosmopolitan Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Magneticmoment
It was a pleasure to welcome you back to the Cosmopolitan Hotel and we would like to thank you for your time to share your impressions with other travellers on Tripadvisor.
We are delighted to read your positive evaluation and comment on our hotel during your stay.
There was construction work taking place during the last weeks as a building close to our property was knocked down. This work has been finished now. We apologize for any inconvenience the noise of the construction work caused to you. It is our idea to provide with the Cosmopolitan Hotel a simple 3* city hotel central located in the district Schwabing in Munich. Of course refurbishment and improvement works are conducted in our bed and breakfast property ongoing to keep the pleasant ambience. It is wonderful to read that we have convinced you with our concept.
We look forward to welcoming you back our hotel in the not too far distant future.
Kindest regards
Julia Sprung and the team of Cosmopolitan Hotel
Naples, Italy
Reviewed January 13, 2013

New and modern hotel, in a perfect position: it's in a central area, with many restaurants, shops, coffee shops, the tube station it's a 5minutes walk and 3 stops to Marienplatz.
The rooms are big, clean, modern and equipped with all the comforts, the bathroom is quite big, is cleaned up daily and towels are changed every day, too.
The receptionists are very kind and helpfull..in a few words a perfect experience! I have just one complaint: Don't forget to put the tag "do not disturb" outside the door: the housekeepers knocked au our door at 8:15 am, and even if I shouted no thank you they opened the door (probably they didn't hear me) and after half an hour they came again!!!We are on holiday! :) So the day after I din't forget to put the don't disturb tag but they woke us up anyway because they were so noisy in the corridors! Howwever our stay in Cosmopolitan hotel has been so good, I recommend it!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed 2 nights during mid-week whilst on business in Munich.
Unfortunately it coincided when there was pile driving in the building site next door which was very loud and disturbing. Having said that the front desk staff were very apologetic as there was nothing they could have done to avoid it and (unprompted) made an adjustment to the room cost to compensate.
The hotel was well positioned for my business meetings with easy walk or taxi transport to the centre of Munich.
Rooms were very tired/dated and in need of redecorating, Need to be brought up to date to become a desirable business hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed September 12, 2012

This hotel is located near an area where restaurants and bars are, so the location is good. It is fairly close to subway, so location is good. Conveniently there is a baker which also sells sandwiches and coffee. So you can grab some stuff there, or have breakfast there. We stayed there fine, nothing exceptional but there are no complains.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington State, USA
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights while in Munich on business - I arrived early in the morning after an overnight flight, and the staff were so warm and welcoming - they had my key and internet access code ready and waiting, and told me not to worry about sorting out booking/payment details until I'd had a chance to rest. The rooms are pleasant, not too fancy but clean, functional and with pleasant modern artwork. The breakfast buffet was excellent. One thing to watch for in autumn 2012 is the ongoing construction work - it didn't bother me, but you might ask if you are concerned about wanting peace and quiet to sleep in late.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
socialcosmo, Manager at Cosmopolitan Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear follower2010,

Thank you for your stay and your charming review about our hotel and team. We would be happy to welcoming you soon again in Munich....

Christoph Grödl
Hotel Manager
UK
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I have been working in Munich and usually stayed for 2 - 4 day but at one point in time I was there for almost 3 weeks. The rooms are simple but very functional. I don't need the posh stuff of a Hilton, I need a comfy bed and a good nights sleep. The breakfast buffet is fantastic and was included in price of the room. The price compared to a lot of other hotels in the area is more realistic for what you are getting. The staff really makes the difference here. My German is limited and they were always ready to help and make arrangements for me. They ordered a cab for me and suggested that I pay the cab price at the hotel that way I could just grab my bags and head for the flight.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank HKflash
, Guest Relations Manager at Cosmopolitan Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Thank you for your positiv feedback. We are happy that you are always choosing the Cosmopolitan Hotel for your time in Munich. I will forward your praise about our staff to them.

Hope to see you soon again.

Kerstin Müller