“Oktoberfest 2012”

Ranked #133 of 382 Hotels in Munich
Gricignano di Aversa, Italy
“Oktoberfest 2012”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Our stay at the Hotel Senator was excellent! It is a short walk from the train station, a short walk to the festival, and there are several excellent restaurants nearby. The free breakfast offered is good, and the staff was extremely helpful throughout our stay. The rooms were expensive this time of year, but well worth it for the convenience of proximity. We HIGHLY recommend the Senator!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Greek first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Brasov, Romania
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We booked a double-room for the weekend and we were surprised to find out that we would pay the price for a single-room. The room was very clean, and although it is close to the Hauptbanhof, the hotel is on a safe, quiet street. Breakfast was good, however the cleaning staff was already in the room at 8 a.m. We enjoyed our stay and we'll come back again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
West Hollywood, California
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I like to support the boutique hotel like - meaning independent hotel not chain if I can. This is one of the highlight of my recent visit in Munich, Germany. The staffs are friendly, hotel location is excellent, just a tram ride to the train station and central shopping area. You can also take the subway nearby. The rooms are decent size, clean and with a patio. They do provide breakfast too which is sufficient to start your busy touring schedules.
I recommend this hotel and hoping to come back soon .....Octoberfest!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Babyface777
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Located about a 10 minute walk from the main train station (Hauptbahnhof), a 15 minute walk from Marienplatz and even closer to the Oktoberfest site, this small hotel has much to recommend it.

I was allocated a single room (#501) on the fifth (top) floor. The room had a single bed, desk, minibar, TV and a spacious bathroom with shower (over the bath) and toilet. The nicest feature of the room was that a door opened onto a large deck that looked out towards the city centre. The twin towers of the Frauenkirche could be seen in the distance. The deck is similar in size to the room plus bathroom and it has a small outdoor table, a chair and a lounger. The deck receives the morning sun and is a real sun trap. Other rooms on this side of the hotel have decks, but those on the roadside do not.

The hotel does not have free wifi but an internet connection can be hired for just over five Euros a day. The breakfasts are fine and there is also a small bar adjacent to the lobby. Staff are pleasant and helpful with excellent English.

Room Tip: The rooms at ther back of the hotel may have outdoor decks
Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Al_paca10
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Stayed here for six nights and must say found it to be a very comfortable Hotel.
The room was clean and of a good size.Bathroom very clean.
The room was cleaned every day and bed linen changed.
Mini fridge, tv, fan and hairdryer in room.
Breakfast was good with plenty of choice. Staff friendly.
Close to the train station.
Did not spend a lot of time in hotel, but found it a good base to travel round Munich.
Very reasonably priced compared to others, worth staying at.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Munich
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I used AMEX travel service to find a hotel close to main shopping area with parking, internet access, breakfast, clean and in a safe area. They suggested this hotel, called and made the booking on my behalf.
The main train station and beginning of the shopping area were 10-15 min walking distance away and public transport was available if needed. Underground parking was 12 euro but was not connected to the hotel. Hotel staff were unfriendly when I parked on the street and ran in to ask where the parking was. It was in a nearby insurance company's building. I then spent 10minutes trying to work out how to get out of the parking garage two levels below ground, a scary experience as some areas were not lit and although I only had one overnight case, it could be a problem for those with more luggage as you need to carry cases up stairs. A lift was available but not at night and the staircase led you to an unlit area at the back of the hotel with a path leading onto the main street adjacent to the entrance of the hotel.
No WIFI was the abrupt response when the male receptionist spotted my IPAD further adding "you can't use that thing here". Instead he offered the use of the solitary computer situated near the lift for 5.50 euro per hour as the only way to use the internet.
The room was spacious as was the bathroom. It was surface clean but the toilet bowl was in need of bleach and the carpet was badly stained. Bed linen was crisp and white and bed was comfortable. I forgot my toothpaste and was charged 2.50 euro for a box with an emergency toothbrush and minute tube of toothpaste, enough for single use. An expensive reminder not to forget my toothpaste again.
According to the friends I met for dinner, the area is undesirable. However, I took a taxi to the restaurant and friends brought me back therefore, I didn't notice any problem with location. During daytime hours the area seemed fine.
Breakfast was a buffet of the cheapest possible standard and ingredients.
There is a pleasant bar area with a large TV near the entrance, which although I did not use, looked trendy, clean and sociable.
I stayed in the hotel one night in order to meet friends for dinner and go shopping in the morning. The location of the hotel was good for this and would also be a good location for the Octoberfest.
One member of staff was extremely unfriendly and chastised me like a child for leaving my car parked while I went shopping, even though I had asked permission from the female receptionist when I checked out, and was willing to pay an extra days parking. The woman told me it was not a problem as I had checked in at 7pm the evening before and gave me a card to get out of the garage. However, when I returned at 9pm, the male receptionist started his verbal attack when I asked him to open the gated garage to let me enter. I said nothing and waited to see if he would get to the point and ask for another 12 euro which I would have gladly paid but he didn't ask, instead he seemed to be getting pleasure from his intimidating berating behaviour. Incidently, my car was the only car parked in the spaces allocated for the hotel.
Would I stay here again, definatetly not! Also, I would not recommend this hotel for women travelling alone. I paid 82 euro with parking and breakfast which is standard for a 3 star hotel and I rate this hotel as no more than the 3 stars it has. With attention to detail (intense cleaning and breafast quality) and training of staff members, marked improvements could be achieved.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank GrannyMunich
New Delhi, India
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Stayed here for one night. Didnt like the hotel at all. There was no wifi in the hotel and the hotel is even charging customers for internet access in the guest computer in the lobby. The quality of the breakfast was also not good. The staff was also not friendly. Cannot recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple