What can you say - I think the headline says it all!
Right in the heart of Munich, literally next to the Hofbräuhaus and in walking distance to museums, shops and restaurants.
Exactly the service you would expect. The team went out of their way to give us a great time. Moreover, they found out that it was my birthday and even delivered a Christmas cake to the room (as we had previously asked for good cake places). I can only say - very attentive.
We had a room in the top floor overlooking Munich. The room had all amenities you would be looking for including state of the art TV/DVD system. Big bathroom, good products.
Try the Alm, a mountain ski hut which they have on top of the roof (usually this is their summertime pool and bar). Great, authentic experience, good food and good fun!
The only question I'm asking myself is why does a hotel like the MO (charging already a fortune for the room) needs to ask for EUR 8/hour or EUR 18/day for wireless internet in the rooms?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quietly tucked away in a side street, yet centrally located near the famed Maximilianstrasse, Mandarin Oriental, Munich is an elegant gem of Neo-Renaissance charm, providing the highest levels of personalised service in the city and award-winning restaurant and bars. The newly refurbished 48 spacious rooms and 25 suites offer the finest in contemporary luxury and, along with the stunning roof-top pool, feature views that stretch across the picturesque surroundings of the old town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Booking.com, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Munich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental Munich Hotel Munich
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Munich
- Mandarin Munich
- Munich Mandarin Oriental