“Number ONE in Munich”

Ranked #7 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stood for 2 days in this hotel and enjoyed the athmosphare of a five-star hotel in a very busy city. Service is excellent, rooms are big and nice furnished and the bathroom gives you all amenities you need to relax.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank swk42
MOMUCMunich, Geschäftsführer at Mandarin Oriental, Munich, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear swk42,
Thank you very much for your kind comment. It makes us very happy that you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you again at Mandarin Oriental, Munich in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Mandarin Oriental, Munich

Reviewed October 28, 2013

It's been a year since coming here for New Year's 12-2013. From my entrance to sitting at my desk has this been a pleasure of unexpected pleasures. Under Mr. Greiner's management (which is different from last year), Aud at the front desk anticipates by hand-selecting my rooftop, cozy, completely outfitted room 711, Viktor the Concierge raised to the occasion on a few rare tasks on a Sunday evening, Tim at the bar was the first person in YEARS who served my wine as wine should be served: half in a glass, half on ice chilled, and with an assortment of sweet and savory additions (all as a complimentary welcome back to the property), my maid opened the windows to air out the room romantically refreshingly, and private dining served up some amazing Weiner Schnitzel for me to eat alone, but in style, on a single, chic, comfortable tray. I'd recommend this hotel to ANYONE in ANY city near Munich, as it's THE place to stay, bringing both kudos and blessings to the Mandarin Oriental chain/line of hotels. While there is not much in the line of "Asian-themed" MO touches beyond the multi-cultural menu, there distinct touches of German hospitality abound and prove unendingly meritorious. Thank you all for an hospitable stay and I'm really--for the first time in ages--crying inside that I have to leave my room!

Room Tip: Room 711 is just the best in the building....come when the rooftop is ready and not under constructi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
9  Thank globaltravelkid
MOMUCMunich, Geschäftsführer at Mandarin Oriental, Munich, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear Lawrence,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share these fantastic comments on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Munich. As it is our aim to satisfy and delight our guests I am very happy that my wonderful team provided best service. It’s a pleasure to read that you appreciated our high service standards and that you liked your room. My team is grateful for your kind words which were well received. We all at Mandarin Oriental, Munich can’t wait to welcome you again at our hotel which we hope will be in the near future. Thank you for being such a wonderful and supportive “FAN”.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Mandarin oriental is my favorite hotel in Munich and it certainly live to its reputation. I highly recommend it, central location, good food. The gym is a bit small however it is up to date with equipment.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank MQ A
MOMUCMunich, Geschäftsführer at Mandarin Oriental, Munich, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Moaffaq E,
I am delighted to learn that you enjoy staying at our hotel and that you appreciate our service standard. It will be a pleasure to welcoming you again at Mandarin Oriental, Munich in the near future.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I'm writing in the midst of my stay, which is rare but I am so disappointed that I have to fire away.

The room and amenities are all you'd expect from a 5-star hotel that's ranked No. 1 in Tripadvisor for Munich's hotels (NOTE: the WIFI isn't free and costs 18 Euro/day,) but the service falls far short. I have requested a few bookings for restaurants (one of them is within the hotel) and ballet, and only on one occasion I actually got a confirmation, while the other times I had to call and chase for a yes/no so that I could go on with my day plan. The latest episode goes that after an entire day of my reservation request, I was told that the restaurant was full and that the concierge was 'trying for alternatives' (which I never heard back on.) It wasn't very helpful that I had to come back to the hotel in the midst of my exploration of the city just to hear that my reservation wasn't successful and I'd much prefer it if they could have made the call earlier.

The mini-bar is complimentary, but housekeeping apparently didn't check it often and I had to call for refill.

And please, can I have a teapot to make the Earl Grey in the jar labelled 'Pi Lo Chun' (a Chinese green tea that is NOT Earl Grey.) With just 2 short Chinese porcelain cups it's hard to make teas without burning your fingers or making a mess when straining the leaves. It's not too much to ask from a hotel who had me waiting for an hour at check-in because 'they had to get the last details right', I hope.

I'm normally an easygoing traveller, but with the price tag I do feel that the hotel is seriously under-performing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the multi-level carpark.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank DearGlobe
MOMUCMunich, Geschäftsführer at Mandarin Oriental, Munich, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear DearGlobe,
Thank you for having taken the time to post your observations on the occasion of your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Munich. We take guest comments serious as it helps to improve our service. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations in some areas. This is certainly not our usual standard and I would like to apologize for the shortcomings at the concierge desk. I also regret that we failed to refill the minibar and did not automatically provide a teapot. Once again, I would like to thank you for your honest comments. I hope that these incidents have not tarnished your image of Mandarin Oriental, Munich and look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Mandarin oriental is my favorite hotel chain when it comes to service and the one in Munich is certainly live to its reputation ... Highly recommended, central location, good food. The gym is a bit small, but the equipments are good and new ....

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank 77Alchemist77

Dear 77Alchemi,
Thank you for sharing such good comments and to recommend Mandarin Oriental, Munich. I am delighted to read that you prefer our hotels. We are very much looking forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

excellent location, very good for walkingat night and friendly staff, breakfast a treat too,
the hotel is not large, very homely. starbucks and coffee shop open around the corner for early risers - you just have to go fetch your own, no coffee making in rooms

Room Tip: away from the Hofbräu Haus, but windows shut well
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank moira-anne
MOMUCMunich, Geschäftsführer at Mandarin Oriental, Munich, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear moira-anne,
Thank you for your kind comments on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to hear that our hotel is your home away from home. Just would like to inform that we provide a coffee machine in our suites and will add the rooms in the near future. Looking forward to your return visit to Mandarin Oriental, Munich.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Impecable from start to finish. I've been a guest at Mandarin Munich 11 times already and they have always been constanty almost perfect. By far, the best Mandarin I've been a guest so far.
Breakfast is one of their highlights, always with top quality products and excelent service.

Room Tip: Don't worry about noise. All rooms are very well insulated.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Romylos B

Dear Romylos B,
It was a pleasure to read your kind lines. Thank you for your continued loyalty. We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to Mandarin Oriental, Munich in the near future.