“Best service”

Ranked #3 of 382 Hotels in Munich
ca
“Best service”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This hotel will not disappoint with regard to first class service. The location is perfect and the staff is very helpful. The only negative is the somewhat run down feeling. Carpets worn, outlets need updating. All in I would not hesitate to go back and enjoy the fun Munich has to offer. Rooftop bar is good for view and drinks but skip the food.

Room Tip: 2nd floor 2 bedroom suite 204&205 offers very high ceilings and cool views of the busy streets b...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ask2416
MOMUCMunich, Geschäftsführer at Mandarin Oriental, Munich, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Ask2416,
Thank you very much for sharing your impression on Trip Advisor.
We are sorry that you did not enjoy the food on the China Moon Roof Terrace. For your next visit we suggest to experience a dinner in our Michelin starred Restaurant Mark´s (French cuisine with Asian influences) or our Bistro MO.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Mandarin Oriental, Munich.
Mandarin Oriental, Munich

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 5, 2013

From the minute we walked in the customer service was the best we ever experienced. We lost our luggage and they escorted us to our room with complementary toiletry items down to sun tan lotion! They also did a free load of laundry for 3 people to help us get back on our feet. A big improvement from the Four Seasons in Paris. The concierge took it upon himself to go through the Air France gauntlent to locate and have our luggage sent directly to the hotel. A miracle.
Linens are the highest thread count, and magnificent down pillows to plunge a weary head.
Room service and housekeeping staff equally superb. They even delivered a smaller sized bath robe for my young daughter with teddy bear emblem :) best 5 star hotel I have ever stayed in!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Joan M
MOMUCMunich, Geschäftsführer at Mandarin Oriental, Munich, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Joan M,
Thank you very much for sharing such a great comment about our hotel and our staff. I am really happy to hear, that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the Mandarin Oriental, Munich.
Please be assured that your comments will be shared with our colleagues. We are all looking forward to welcoming you on the occasion of your next visit to Munich.
Memphis
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Unbelievable service. From the time we were met at the airport by the hotel limousine driver, Mark, until we left the MO Munich in my new BMW, the staff at the Mandarin Oriental Munich were exemplary. We were spending one day in Munich at the start of our 25th anniversary trip. I had heard about the flooding in southern Germany so I emailed the hotel prior to our arrival and the concierges updated us on the situation. I splurged on having the hotel limo pick us up at the airport. Mark equipped the Mercedes limo with water bottles, scented wash clothes, chocolates and English language newspapers.

We arrived at the hotel at 8:30 am with check in being at 3 pm. The hotel had called me at home two days before my arrival to confirm my arrival time and told me I could shower in the gym, change my clothes, and store my luggage before going out and about central Munich. Much to our surprise after Johanes checked us in over coffee while seated in the lounge, he returned to inform us that our room would be available at 9:15 am (and it was). The room was a decent size, everything functioned correctly, the bathroom was beautiful, and the minibar was complementary.

The hotel arranged my taxi to BMW Welt for the next morning and called again when the taxi was not at the hotel at the appointed time (without being asked). When the taxi driver said his credit card machine was broken, the hotel employee (I wish I could thank him by name) who had made me an espresso and waited outside for the taxi, offered to give me Euros and put the cost on the hotel bill.

I wish we could have spent another day or two in Munich to experience more of the hotel. I hope to return for a longer stay in 3 years when I go back to Munich for my next BMW. I have stayed at a Mandarin Oriental in the US and the service although fine, did not come close to that I experienced in Munich. The staff in Munich truly made us feel that nothing was too much to ask of them.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ElvisMem
MOMUCMunich, Geschäftsführer at Mandarin Oriental, Munich, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Ellis T,
We are delighted to learn how much you appreciated your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Munich and on behalf of my team, I would like to thank you for sharing such fantastic comments about the hotel and staff on Trip Advisor.
It will be a pleasure to welcoming you again in our hotel and wish you good a journeys and a great time with your brand new BMW.
Southern california
Reviewed June 27, 2013

It was time for my annual pilgrimage to Munich, the grand big village of Bavaria, and my stop at the Mandarin Oriental. The service was top notch from curb to curb. Attentive and efficient, whisked through check in, speedy in the lounge bar, room service spot on in quality and speed.

The property is perfectly positioned in the old part of Munich, so fun is mere feet away with both great cafes, classic restaurants, and even the raucous Hofbrau Haus. The staff will facilitate whatever you need.

The rooms have been modernized and I threw open my fifth floor windows and let the ringing bells sound me to sleep. Munich is a fantastic city, and the Mandarin is a superb base to work from in unlocking the cities secrets.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Socalicouple
Dear Socalicouple,
Thank you for taking time and write these fantastic comments on tripadvisor. Your comments make us very happy.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you again soon to the Mandarin oriental, Munich.
Kind regards,
Punta de Mita, Mexico
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We had just spent 6 days in Prague at the Four Seasons and were interested to see how Mandarin Oriental compared. Not even a contest.......Four Seasons hands down. The television in our room didn't work upon arrival. We reported; several hours later, a second call was necessary and the technician finally showed up. On the second day, we asked the cleaning person to return in 10 minutes.......four hours later housekeeping had still not cleaned our room and did not respond to the ringing phone when I tried to call. It was necessary to go to the front desk to report the unclean room. After about 15 minutes, someone showed up with cleaning supplies and placed them in the doorway to the bathroom and left only to return in another 30 minutes or so. When we departed, the front desk said they were aware of an 'issue' and gave us each a small box of 4 truffles which might have been more appropriate left in our room the night the room wasn't cleaned. With a note of apology ..... Upcoming trip in a different city, booked with Four Seasons.......

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the Hofbrau..very noisy, especially with windows open
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank eli123499443
MOMUCMunich, Geschäftsführer at Mandarin Oriental, Munich, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear eli123499443,
Many thanks for letting us know your experience at our hotel.
I very much regret that the services were not the usual standard. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused.
We hope to welcome you again to Mandarin Oriental, Munich and assure you of our best care and attention during your next stay.
North East, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Great room, absolutely hugh.
Extremely competent and friendly service.
The drink and snack items in the room fridge were included in the room price.
When leaving, we were offered complimentary bottles of water by the doorman, a nice touch.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank R K
MOMUCMunich, Geschäftsführer at Mandarin Oriental, Munich, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear R K,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. These few words make me and my team very happy and there is no better reward than our guests’ contentment. We await your next visit in the near future.
Kind regards,
Sydney
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Its the old story, the people make the hotel or the airline and its particularly true of this property. The location of the hotel is just wonderful and the building itself is delightful renovated older building. Our suite was large, well furnished and well maintained. There is a very nice roof top pool and bar. Breakfast was very, very good and the bar in the lobby very pleasant with an excellent bar tender,

It is however the staff that made our stay so enjoyable. Happy, skilled and professional people doing a job that they seem to genuinely enjoy. From the front of house through to concierge, house keeping and restaurant, all faultless. Cannot stress enough how delightful they were and good humoured. Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SydneyAlan
Dear SydneyAlan,
Thank you for your kind compliments about the Mandarin Oriental, Munich. You are making a most beautiful recommendation of our roof top bar and staff. On behalf of the team, I would like to let you know how much we all appreciate it.
It will be a pleasure to welcoming you again in our hotel soon.