“In the heart of Munich”

Ranked #4 of 382 Hotels in Munich
Newport Beach, California
“In the heart of Munich”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Hotel has very good location and is very elegant. We love to have here a very peaceful and nice breakfast. It is always nice to have a room with the Alp's view and the view of the old part of Munich. I was very pleased to find out that hotel provides a few bikes for hotel guest, so you can enjoy biking in the near beautiful park.
We are not very happy about very small pool which is located on the roof - almost as a part of the terrace bar. Last year we had opportunity to enjoy pool in the close hotel and in Mandarin they just opened a new part of the spa, so we decided to return to this hotel again this year.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Staying here in Munich. Amazing property. Room size can have a bal. service top end. Recommend definitely. Food is delicious. Swimming pool looks great. Concierge give me great recommendation and save me time

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Desmet666
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Extravagantly expensive but the service gets to you. We were warned that Munich would be dull at New Year as most people head for the mountains but the Mandarin new years eve party was high class with roooftop view of the city fireworks - one of the best and longest displays we have seen as every building seems to participate. The rooms seem spacious because of the high ceilings though not as well equipped as some other Mandarins. - hotel is small so no spa etc. We could have stayed in the nearby Novotel for a third of the price but it is the Mandarin service (such.as birthday cake) that makes a stay at the Mandarin memorable for the kids.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
hong kong
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have been to this hotel once every year for the past 15 years. It has never disappointed me. The location is convenient. My room is big. Their breakfast is one of the best I had, with a buffet, sausages, fresh fruits, 8 different kinds of juices, yogurt, muffins, cheeses, and even miso soup. Then came the breakfast. Please try their pancakes with bananas and blueberries. It's one of a kind and yummy.
The Marks Restaurant is delicious and prices are reasonable.
Their Concierge, Sitorius(I may have spelled his name wrong) is the best I have met....They are all so friendly and prompt and courteous...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
new york
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I returned recently to the Mandarin Oriental in Munich and it remains one of the world's great hotels. The service is flawless, everyone goes the extra mile to be sure you are satisfied. The housekeeping staff is particularly attentive and warm. They seem to love their job and take such pride in it. I love the bar downstairs--the service there also superb. I had a piece of raspberry cake that was to die for. Breakfasts are also wonderful with again fantastic service. Finally, the door staff is also wonderful...always offering to take a package and again they seem as if they truly enjoy and are proud of what they do.

The location is fantastic for walking and shopping and the rooms are beautiful. If you are looking for a perfectly elegant experience in Munich. The Mandarin Oriental is it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My sister arranged a surprise stay at the Mandarin Oriental Munich as a Birthday treat for us both along with my 13 year old daughter from the 21st to the 23rd December. I was amazed at the high standard of absolutely everything in the Hotel, the first greetings from the door guys & the General Manager and all the staff we were introduced to. We were shown to our rooms where our luggage was magically waiting there for us, I was so impressed with our rooms I even had my own Christmas tree along with massive Lounge, Dining room, Study area, massive Bedroom and bed. The room was spotless & a great deal of care had been taken in preparation for our stay. I was presented with a personalised Birthday cake & every member of staff we met knew it was my Birthday and made it a truly magical stay. I can't rate this hotel highly enough it was definately one of the best hotels that I have stayed in.
Rosie W

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in December while visiting the Christmas markets with a friend. This was my 2nd stay at the Mandarin, as my husband and I stayed there in May 2010. I truly have nothing negative to say about this hotel. Everything about it is 5 star! Upon arrival, we were greeted and checked in very quickly, then offered an aperitif in the bar-very nice touch. The hotel was decked out with a beautiful Christmas tree and lots of decorations-magical! My friend was booked in a beautiful suite and I had an adjoining room. Both were magnificent. The rooms are equipped with the most up to date technology and amenities-automated shades and lighting and heated bathroom floors. I had a nice sized closet with shelves and a large enough bathroom. The service was impeccable and 5 star. All staff were so friendly, professional and helpful-nothing was too much to ask for. For the holiday season, a rooftop chalet bar was built-it was fabulous! Nice and cozy with great food and drinks-decorated like a ski chalet. We couldn't get a table, so we sat at the small bar and had a great time. We inquired about a restaurant for dinner on our first night in Munich, and one of the valet guys recommended a restaurant and actually walked us to the restaurant. We also had the hotel ship some items we had bought during our trip and everything arrived in tact and in time before Christmas. The Mandarin is located in a great location near tourist attractions-we walked everywhere. Staying at the Mandarin is definitely living in the lap of luxury. I knew what to expect since this was the 2nd time I have stayed there and I wasn't disappointed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends