“My first time in Munich”

Mandarin Oriental, Munich
Ranked #6 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed April 26, 2011

I had a wonderful stay during the long eastern week-end at the Mandarin Oriental in Munich. The best of is the beautiful terrace on the top of the hotel where you have a great overview of the bavarian capital. The pool is only for guest and can be used till the late evening.
The breakfast fulfill any wishes including the regional speciality "Weißwurst with Brezel".

The rooms are clean and very comfortable. The location of the hotel is perfect for sightseeing and clubbing. Everything is nearby and the most known attraction Hofbräuhaus a few steps away.

The Mandarin Oriental Munich is my first adress for the next visit in Munich.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank lusoalemao

Reviewed April 19, 2011

I have spent the first days of my honeymoon there, and it was amazing. The service is more than impeccable, and everything is just perfect.
The hotel location is also perfect, very close to the central square, the main attractions, and near the main train station too.
The hotel service is fantastic. they will help you with anything you think of.
The only value problem was the breakfast. Too expensive although a very good breakfast. (30 - 35 euros/person the buffet... too much), and they really take things off, even if you are still sited, when the breakfast time is finished.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rsfreitas
Reviewed April 15, 2011

everything about this hotel is perfect. best location, great decor and one of the most comfortable beds i've ever slept in. the first time i stayed in this hotel was four years ago and i was impressed back then. this time the rooms are even refurbished. great attention to details and very functional. service is simply impeccable! the mandarin oriental is very well known in asia and asia is known for its service. and here, the great attention to detail service wise is perfected with german efficiency. except or the lack of a proper gym, i seriously cannot find any fault with this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank rubyyao
Reviewed April 12, 2011

We had a great weekend in Mandarin Oriental, together with our friends.
Great location, lovely staff.
Definitely will stay again at Mandarin Oriental Munich.

Room Tip: all the rooms are at the same quality, 6 stars
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank menaclujnapoca
Reviewed April 4, 2011

You all know the perfect location of this hotel and the reputation The MO chain has.
What we, my wife and I experienced at the Munich establishment celebrating a big anniversary goes beyond expectations even from a connoisseur in leisure travel.
Mr Wagner and his team has achieved an example of excellence in every regard, with a personal touch that makes you feel so unique and pampered.
World class , worth a trip in itself.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sultanen
Reviewed March 26, 2011

We travel 50+ nights per year for business and leisure, and have had the pleasure of staying in some top resorts, but the Munich Mandarin Oriental is the best! My husband and adult son were forced down from a mountain climbing expedition by rotten weather and severe avalanche conditions, so I was attempting to "save" the vacation. We drove into Munich with only "mountain" clothes and backpacks and showed up at the Mandarin looking a little worse for wear, without a reservation! Not only was the Mandarin gracious and accommodating, they served us a complimentary champagne in the main lounge as they prepared the paperwork for our stay (I know several luxury hotels who would have hidden us somewhere, anywhere quickly!) Michael, a management trainee was stellar.

The suite we stayed in was perfect in every way: from the luxurious bedding to the sound-proof windows (downtown anywhere can be noisy sometimes). The housekeeper even folded mountain climbing clothes my son left on the chair! The concierge helped us plan a short day tour of Munich (walking and subway for climbers, so a bit different).

My sincere thanks to the staff of the Mandarin Oriental Munich for ending our vacation on a high note!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2011

Lars Wagner

Dear Mr. Wagner,

I wanted to let you know about the superior service I received from your staff and in particular your Concierge Michael Berchtel during our visit in February. In my view Mr. Berchtel and the rest of your staff exceeded Mandarin’s world class service standard.

While travelling into Munich for meetings I left behind a bag on a flight and, due to schedules of meetings and flights had, quite literally, no time to return to the airport and retrieve it. Given I was leaving for Copenhagen the same day I arrived I asked your team to see if they could help me out and retrieve the bag. To be honest, I fully expected the airline would have lost it and I would never see my suit again. Much to my delight, not only did they succeed in retrieving the bag Mr. Berchtel forwarded it back to my office in the states. Problem solved!

I thought you’d like to know about the quality of your staff and their devotion to customer service.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business