“Nice Hotel!”

Ranked #92 of 382 Hotels in Munich
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice Hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

Our family traveled to Germany for Christmas 2013 and we got 3 rooms for all of us to stay in. two were regular rooms and one was a suite. All of the rooms were very nice, large and clean. The beds were comfortable too! never having been to Munich we really loved the location because we could walk everywhere that we wanted to go. Some might not love the location because it is right across from the train station but we found that rather convenient. The breakfast was a great spread of food and very good. We did not get a chance to use the pool but it did look nice!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Meredith W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

This has become my favorite hotel in Munich. I feel like home. I like the room, they are in good size. I also love the staff. They are very friendly. The location is just right. It's a 7 minutes walk to the town where all the shopping and dining places are. I recommend it especially for families.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

Really cool hotel. My room was amazing. I'm always a little nervous when traveling abroad b/c you never know if the stars for the hotel rating mean anything, but I was really impressed with my hotel!

Room was chic, contemporary, fun, loved the shower, the bed.

Mainly though the people were so kind to me. My luggage was lost for most of my trip. Not only did the concierge do a fantastic job in following the updates on my luggage, but he even went to the local grocery to buy some necessary items for me when I was too tired from traveling to get out. The room service people were great, too! Really everyone catered to my every need and I couldn't be more appreciative.

Great location, feels safe, right across from the train station (though I rented a car and it was easy to get around), very close to the Marienplatz.

The hotel was cool b/c there were only 9 floors, and yet the lobby feels like that of a 20 or more floor hotel. Bar looked cool, although I was traveling with a little bitty and thus didn't get in.

I'd totally stay here again :) :)

And, I heart Munich so much.

Room Tip: I don't know. I had a courtyard room, and it was great.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

I get what some reviews have said about he location, but I was out and about at night and didn't think it was a concern. However it's convenient to the old city and it's across the street from Munich hbf, which made it easy to take a train in from the airport and walk to the hotel.

The hotel itself is clean, comfortable and had friendly service. The pool seemed to be under construction or closed for cleaning while I was there, so perhaps check ahead if that's important to you. The gym is a little light on free weights, but they have some solid precor machines as well as treadmills/bike/elliptical. Surprisingly the hotel's bar was pretty busy at night, even mid week (business travelers perhaps?).

I will definitely return the next time I'm in Munich.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Forget any bad reviews about the location - yes it is opposite the train station and like all big cities those areas are well known for their 'character' and choice establishments, however in Munich this must be one of the safest locations to walk around at night. The pool is fantastic for city centre - probably the biggest in a Munich hotel and all facilities, room standards, cleanliness are excellent.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Chuo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

We spent 3 nights here the other day.
There was CL in Munich during our stay, and it seemed to me that the rooms were full booked.
However, our check-in was quick, and we were assigned a room as the same type which I requested in making a reservation.
The room with a walk-in-closet was very clean and useful, and nothing noisy at all despite facing the main street.
The bathroom was in order as well, and good for the high-spec drier in particular.
In the breakfast, the staff all were serving tactfully and warmly though it was crowded, and a concierge who was there at every morning when we had stayed was really kind and helpful.
Only one thing, in my checking out, there was a woman of the front desk speaking rapidly in English with German accent to me who is not a English native speaker, and her place was in line as a result.
I considered it was rather efficient if she talked slowly and simply against someone like me who is not the English speaking area.
Le Meridien Munich is a decent hotel in convenient location.
I will be back to this hotel when I visit to Munich again.

Room Tip: Deluxe suite is very nice and useful.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HiromiSY
Kansas City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

I was very pleased with this hotel overall. The service was excellent and the rooms were very nice, with a good bed, good sheets, and a nice and modern look.

The hotel is right by the main train station, which is both a blessing and a curse. The neighborhood is a bit sketchy, but it only lasts a few blocks as you walk east to the Bayerstrasse.

Room Tip: Avoid a room that faces the train station. It is predictably noisy.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Matt M
Management L, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien Munich, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Matt M,
Thank you very much for sharing your impressions with the online community.
We are very pleased to read that you had a most enjoyable stay with us and particularly appreciated our modern product and services.
Guest comfort is highly important to us and hence we are happy to read that you did enjoy your stay in our spacious guestrooms.
We are looking very forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best regards,