“Excellent hotel, location, service!! AA++”
Review of Le Meridien Munich

Ranked #97 of 389 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Excellent location, friendly-helpful staff, A++ breakfast buffet, outstanding suite and helpful concierge. It was more than I was expecting. I frequently travel for work "mostly to Asia" and am actually a gold Marriott member "for lounge access mostly" but am new and only preferred status with SPG rewards and still, the lady at desk upgraded me to a deluxe suite instead of the Jr. that I had booked and it was immaculate. It was a nice surprise after coming from a small Renaissance in Paris. I am use to getting treated like royalty in China with free upgrades to suites and I got the same level of service here and don't even have gold status yet.

The breakfast was amazing, the room was huge, roomy and cozy. Every time we left, we would come back to a fresh smelling room and coffee refilled even though I didn't need room service. There was also a much appreciated extra little room to set your luggage up and hang clothes with dressers and didn't take up space in the room itself. The bathroom was a nice size also.

You can walk across the street to the train station or many local cafes. The ONLY complaint I would have would be the price of their food. I do know that hotel food is expensive but 25 euros for a burger is a bit much. I usually order a lot of room service but this time I went out to eat close by. I am use to having free lounge access with food, coffee, beer and soda so that would be the only draw back but I will definitely give it up certain times to be treated like this. I still got free breakfast and internet. A++++++ hotel and staff. Definitely recommend this hotel. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,670)

Reviewed March 25, 2014

My wife and I visited this hotel during a conference we had in Munich.
The location is quite good, just across the street from the main railway station. Despite the fact that the area of the hotel is not so hospitable, you'll be able to walk most anywhere in the old town from the hotel. The hotel is modern and very clean. Staff is also quite friendly, and on average more friendly than in most german hotel. Breakfast was very good, although the selection is abundant.
The hotel lobby is offering a limited meeting space, should you want to have a casual slash business meeting, so you should well to bear so in mind, but other than that, can't complain...

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Management L, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien Munich, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear 559ThomasD,
Thank you for sharing your impressions with the online community and letting us know that you had a most enjoyable stay with us.
We are glad to hear that you and your wife had a successful conference with us as well and would like to inform you that if meeting space is required we have plenty of meeting rooms to rent.
Our Housekeeping and Kitchen teams appreciate your comments regarding cleanliness and breakfast quality, which is of utmost importance to us to ensure our guests feel most comfortable during their stay.
We are looking very forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Great location and very nice room. Comfortable stay.
The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast was extensive and the pool was a good size for swimming. Huge bed!! very good the gym center.
The place ,where the hotel stands,is perfect.Train station is near,city center is ne
Not included internet... for the rate I expected it has to be included.
The bar is poor.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Management L, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien Munich, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear LuigiU159,
Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us.
We are pleased to read that you had a most enjoyable stay with us and particularly appreciated the facilities and services provided by the hotel.
We are glad to hear that our associates were able to contribute to a memorable experience and appreciate your feedback concerning our bar.
We are looking very forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Unfortunately whenever I am in Munich , I am transiting and am in a rush .
This is therefore the perfect hotel for me . I tend to use the train on a Europass with taxis each end to get around , so that I can maximise work time . Thus being 1 minute from the station at a snails pace , makes it a place to dump luggage or self with the minimum of fuss.
As I do not live in Europe , I always try to walk the streets to soak up the atmosphere so its location is also very good for me.
The staff are always courteous and helpful but the rooms could be a little better for the cost , however the BREAKFAST is the highlight of any stay at this hotel . It is a veritable feast of high quality fare ...so unexpected in continental Europe , and especially at the train station.

Its worth staying there for this alone

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Nothing really wrong with Le Meridien Munich, but for a category 5 SPG hotel didn't feel 'special'.
Impression was affected by having lots of people sprawled around the hotel lobby using the free lobby wifi which cheapened the place - solution of which would be to offer free wifi in the rooms!

Location just outside Hauptbahnhoff so perfect as a train transit hotel. If you are going arrive and depart by rail, then this hotel should be high on your list.

Walking to Marienplatz in the historical centre takes ~20 min, distance 1.4 km.
Half the walk is boring till after Karlplatz, so didn't seem that great for exploring the old city.
Too far to walk to the Deutches museum.
Recommend getting a 'Partner metro day ticket' for 11.2 euro, allowing up to 5 people travelling together unlimited tram, train and bus rides in the inner city. Can cover much more that way.

Hotel room pretty standard. Was on SPG preferred floor, only difference seemed to be 2 bottles of water.... Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Hungrypencil
Reviewed March 16, 2014

...close to the central railway station in Munic, only 1 Minute by feed.
But also reflecting in the price of this hotel.
The straff was very friendly and intently. Breakfast was great and with very good taste.
The Bathroom was to small for 2 People and by using the shower, water is flooting to the floor.
The room door was not soundproof and we could hear the whole day a lot of disscusions from outside in our room. Also the room service team wake us up, crying into other room "room service"....so my sleep get bad. Also very nice was the discussion of the room service staff, we could hear every morning :-(
At Night you can't get some Mixed Drinks by room service.
There are for shure better SPG Hotels in Munic, with better price...it's your choice.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Management L, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien Munich, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear holgerkom,
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.
We are glad to read that you enjoyed the friendliness of our associates and our extensive breakfast buffet.
At the same time we regret to hear that you were woken up several times by our staff members on the floor, which will be shared internally amongst the involved departments to ensure that such incidents do not repeat themselves in the future.
Please allow me to extend my sincere apology in regards to your malfunctioning shower door, which certainly does not reflect our usual high service standards.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

This was the perfect hotel for us since we were traveling to and from Munich via train. Only stayed two nights, wished we stayed longer. Most spots are walking distance from the hotel. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet, so much selection! The hotel staff are very helpful, providing us with the city map and some tips upon check-in. Last but not the least, we booked our room at a discounted rate :)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Management L, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien Munich, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear ClengMNL,
Thank you very much for your review and kind feedback following your recent stay with us.
We are thrilled to read you wished to have stayed longer and are more than happy to welcome you back soon.
Our staff members are always doing their utmost to ensure our guests feel most comfortable during their stay and we are glad to hear you enjoyed the breakfast so much.