“Concierge helped solve all my problems”
Review of Le Meridien Munich

Le Meridien Munich
Ranked #94 of 390 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have extensively travelled around the world and stayed at every hotel chain there is from the ultra luxury four seasons, aman and six senses to the basic best westerns and holiday inns. I have never written a review of any hotel in the past as I am not easily impressed. But I have to say my short stay at the Le Meridian was a breath of fresh air.

For starters I was upgraded to a suite on my check - in (I understand this is a chance event and has less to do with service, but it leaves a great feeling in mind of the guest). Lufthansa had lost my baggage and the concierge helped follow it up and get my bag from the airline the same day. Lastly, I wanted to get my flight routing to India changed and George (the concierge) again helped make this happen with lufthansa with no additional charges (in fact I got a refund of EUR 10).

I have to say it was a great experience where the hotel staff truly took care of making me feel welcome and relaxed.

Room Tip: the deluxe suites are excellent - perfect breakup of space for a couple - room 725
2  Thank sbarwale
E P, General Manager at Le Meridien Munich, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear sbarwale,

how great to read your lines and what a compliment to us that we impressed such a seasoned traveller.
Especially in our industry every day is different- and it is always very motivating to hear that we succeed.

Please be assured that your feedback has been shared with the entire team.

Dagmar Zechmann / General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,700)

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Nice choice for a hotel in one of the worlds best cities! Le Meridien is just steps away from the main train station (Hauptbahnhof). If you are traveling for the Oktoberfest, then this is one of the best locations in the city. It can be somewhat pricey, however nothing that stands out amongst other nice properties in the city. The rooms are clean, with modern amenities. The hotel staff are very helpful, and nice. The spa is small but certainly adds a nice touch to the property. Remember, this is a Starwood property, so if coming from the USA be sure to get your points!

Room Tip: The interior rooms look into a courtyard that is quiet. The outside rooms, if looking out to main st...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
E P, Manager at Le Meridien Munich, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear RyanP,

I am glas to hear you enjoyed both our facilities and services. Indeed our location is great for both business and leisure guests who like to explore the city with all ist shopping areas and monuments by foot.

Hope to welcome you back very soon!
Eric Köhler / Executive Assistant Manager

Reviewed March 16, 2013

No complaints at all. Starwoods high end property in Munich exceed expectations.

Location is convenient, across train station, 3 kms from downtown. Rooms are genuinely comfortable and big acc. European usual standard. Reception associates very helpfull and among the best I've seen (I travel 120 days a year), friendly and helpfull, the one that took care of me did everythign to accomodate my request and even updated my SW profile to make sure in the future I dont have to point out my request at the reception and gave me her business card just in case I needed anything else.

Parking lot right under the hotel. Incredible spa with 3 different sauna's, best I have seen ever beside the intercontinental in Istanbul (there Spa is a religion!), Swimming pool and gym above all expectations. Wireless Internet was a bit slow in my room and the cable connection didnt work properly. Only one negative point, cost of breakfast if not part of yr room rate is absolutely exorbitant, 25€ ! U can by pass this rate by ordering to yr room cheaper and regular breakfast (I'm not a big eater) for 8€ + charge (Coffee & Juice + 2 croissant). But quality was in any case excellent with a huge choice if you go for the continental buffet.

Like said, Room was fairly big (regular room), though facing the main road, but despite sleeping lightly the noise couldnt be heard and this was not an inconvenience. The bath room was clean, comfy and modern (just a lite smell).

Check out was fast, though they had 1 glitch in my balance, but my stay went smoothless, highly skilled professionnal in this venue, from reception to room service thru Gym and Spa.

Wish all Le Meridien and venue of same type would be like that !

Room Tip: Rooms facing the road are larger (& with bay windows) than the room on the back of the hotel. Bu...

Dear ffm9,

Thank you so much for your wonderful annotations about your stay with us, which especially coming from such a seasoned traveller is extremely motivating for me and the entire team.
Personal service is of utmost importance to me, therefore I am very pleased to hear this was mirrored.

I hope to welcome you back soon, maybe next time you may book inclusive breakfast or inform yourself about alternative breakfast options at check in.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Really good business hotel-very accessible, right opposite the station and close to the city centre.
not somewhere I'd particularly recommend for leisure trips as lots of meetings and corporate events going on in the hotel while I was there. WiFi was free in public areas but chargeable in the bedroom.
Nice environment, rooms and public areas were very clean and well maintained.
The food was good and plentiful in the resturant although the service was a little unfriendly.The bar staff, however were really helpful and friendly and the area was really busy which is always a good sign when there is so much competition locally.
The bedroom was large and well appointed with everything you needed and lots of extras like dressing gowns and slippers. I was given a room facing towards the inside garden which was really quiet and peaceful.
Externally facing rooms were noisy according to my colleagues-the streets outside were certainly busy as Arsenal were playing Bayern Munich!
All the staff asked if everything was ok, did I have all I needed etc

Room Tip: Ask for an internal room mine was very quiet-350!

Dear Amanda M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed feedback! You are right, our hotel is ideal for lots of business guests because of the very central location and being only a couple of footsteps away from the train station.
However, many leisure guests also appreciate our house for that location, our nice Spa area with one of the longest pools in the city centre and our late riser breakfasts during the weekends!
Our rooms are indeed very quiet and perfect for a calm and restful sleep. Of course our inner courtyard is an oasis in the otherwise very vibrant area and especially calm, but an important Arsenal game with Bayern Munich always raises the noise level in town :)

Would be nice to welcome you back, especially now that spring is hopefully coming soon, our garden is blooming and ou can enjoy a great cocktail in the sun in our Lounge 41!

Best regards,

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed twice this year, Jan and Feb while on business. Munich is generally expensive for hotels and Le Meridien is not cheap. Rooms are modern, well designed, spacious and comfortable. Staff are helpful and the breakfast if you can get it included is very good. Too expensive if you have to pay extra though.
Well located for the U-bahn, train, s-bahn etc and a brisk walk down to the Marienplatz.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the Hauptbahnhof are quieter
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2013

All in all a decent city hotel. The location is good with central station being across the street and subway and S-Bahn connections available.

The rooms are ok, boring German design without soul, but extremely practical. Everything was good, but nothing special. Internet worked well, everything was clean and the room was quite. Got a good night´s sleep.

Breakfast was very nice, a good buffet spread, eggs made to order, hot and cold dishes, an Asian selection and very nice waitresses. Very enjoyable start to the day.

SPG Platinum recognition is reduced to the basics: Internet, points, one room category upgrade. I will never understand how German managers run some of the most amazing hotels around the world where they offer Platinum members free breakfast, cocktails, wine tastings, local experiences, transportation and much more - but in Germany, one can´t expect anything. Baffling.

Overall, I think I would rather stay at the Westin Munich next time. The location is less convenient to the city centre, but the property is much nicer and the services more plentiful.

Room Tip: Choose a quite garden/yard view room.

Dear SFLeonce,

glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay.
Our Chef will be very happy to hear that you liked our breakfast!
It is indeed very important for a perfect start in the day, which is why we offer a big variety to meet everyones tastes and habits.

I do however regret that we did not manager to convince you in all aspects, especially as a valued Platinum guest.
I hope that we will welcome you again- and we would be happy to show you some other rooms with different designs that might suit you better.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed here for the Oktoberfest last year and had a great experience. It is a huge hotel, but very busy so I never felt overwhelmed - the service was very good and the quality of dining and drinking experience in the bars was superb. The hotel is just across the street from the railway station so getting around by tube is straightforward (and getting back to your room also!). For the Oktoberfest it is a short walk so that is a big plus. I am not a big fan usually of the chain which for me sits mid way between super quality (like 4 Seasons) and budget (like Hilton) but this is a nice place and I would definitely stay there again. Good amenities, efficient check in and out, great wifi reception and very central. 4 stars and some repeat business from me.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Management L, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien Munich, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Chris D.,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor after your stay back during Oktoberfest season.
We are very pleased to read that you had a most enjoyable stay with us and enjoyed the services and faciltities provided at the hotel.
The hotel is certainly in a great location for the yearly festivities and always seems like an oasis considering the busy surroundings.
We certainly hope to welcome you again this year when it's time for 'O'zapft is'.

Kind regards from Munich,