“Not for hot weather”
Review of Hotel Nymphenburg

Hotel Nymphenburg
Ranked #211 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I visited Munich for a trade fair and - as usual - the hotel sttay was overpriced. The weather was very hot for Germany... Good service. No aircondition in the room and noisy street... Clean room (needs renovation) and WC. Free WiFi and (sparkling) water. Breakfast was according the category of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel Nymphenburg

Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, nice staff lovely breakfast but gets crowded between 8-10am the location is far from Munich centre but there is a metro close by and you get to see the mon tourist areas. Clean comfortable I would recommend

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Loumariajarv
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This was first visit to Hotel Nymphenburg. We were greeted by English speaking receptionist, and directed to out room. This was above the front door and facing the very busy Nymphenburger Strasse, and at a crossroad junction. We thought it would be noisy but the windows kept out all the noise apart from one emergency vehicle which made us jump out of our skin. We stayed in June, however it was the coldest wettest weather possible for Munich. 3 days of drenching rain and temperatures of 6-8 degC. The room was a pleasant temperature, not too hot as is often the case in some hotels. The radiators were switched off, but could have been used. I do not know what it would have been like had the weather been normal, as opening the window would not have been an option. Hopefully we will find out next visit.
The bathroom was tiny. There was the smallest bath I have ever seen- probably a half bath. I though it might be amusing to try it, but we found more interesting things to do in our time there.
The shower was good although a bit difficult to get just the right temperature. There were no places in the bathroom to put anything apart from a toothbrush, and to get in or out one had to stand between the loo and the wall, breathe in, then open the door and squeeze out. Possibly 'large' people may find this bathroom a problem. It was ok for us, and clean and pleasant.
The bedroom was a reasonable size, the beds good size and comfortable, the decor was fine in the bedroom, but the bathroom door looked the worse for wear with the previous dark red paint showing through the chips in the white.
The bedroon really would have benefited from a separate mirror. There was one in the bathroom, but with 2 people sharing it would have helped. Also the plug on one of the bedside lights did not reach the socket. On the day we left we found an extension lead behind the curtain!
Breakfast was good- the usual continental selection. The breakfast room was pleasant, with big windows on 2 sides looking onto shrubs (we could just make them out through the deluge of rain :-( ) . Trees and shrubs filled the frontage, so one would not know it was on a main road.
The hotel staff pretty much left us alone but seemed approachable. I think most of the guests were German .The breakfast manager asked us our room number, but had we left the key on the table that would not have been necessary. When we checked out the receptionist spoke very good English and was friendly.
The hotel is in a very nice safe area with many good dining places around. You would need transport into town, but there is plenty of choice, bus, tram, underground train, and you could be in town within 15 minutes of leaving the hotel. You can walk it in about 40 mins, depending on your fitness.

Room Tip: Next time we visit this hotel (and we will) we will ask for a room at the back of the hotel, so hope...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is a decent hotel with a great staff. They were most helpful when we got to the hotel before check in on a cold/wet Sunday and were hoping to get some warmer/dry gear for a concert at the Olympic Stadium that night. Parking is a two person job, one to drive and one to navigate. Wifi was good and they have a super buffet breakfast. The rooms are adequate and clean. We had a room facing the street and it was not loud. Situated between two subway stops and has several restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: I liked our street view room. It wasn't loud, but we had the windows closed.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is a very well kept hotel....boutique vintage style. Roomy rooms, great professional and helpful staff, not to mention the delicious plentiful breakfast. I would definitely stay here again...only thing is if you're walking or don't have extra funds for a taxi...this hotel isn't walking distance for downtown!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My cousin and I stayed over the holidays and shared a VERY small, but decent room. The beds were comfortable and the shared bathroom down the hall was very clean. The staff working reception were a bit hot and cold, but a couple of very nice employees made up for one very grumpy one. The breakfast buffet was absolutely fantastic (there was even champagne) and after three days, I don't think we even managed to try everything. Absolutely amazing value for money.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I am really sad that my experience with hotel Nymphenburg got spoiled by a really rude receptionist this night (30/12/2012) who treated me very bad when I asked the internet password for the second time. When you arrive, they give you a password which expires in 24 hours if you don't activate it. They didn't warn me that and the guy made a big issue asking in an irony manner why I didnt activate earlier if I wanted to use internet. And all this in front of other guests who just arrived, making me really, really embarrased.
Before I forget, the shared bathroom was not cleaned today, which makes me think the service was not offered properly.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple