“Residental location, close to transport, has garage”
Review of Hotel Nymphenburg

Hotel Nymphenburg
Ranked #204 of 389 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is a decent hotel with a great staff. They were most helpful when we got to the hotel before check in on a cold/wet Sunday and were hoping to get some warmer/dry gear for a concert at the Olympic Stadium that night. Parking is a two person job, one to drive and one to navigate. Wifi was good and they have a super buffet breakfast. The rooms are adequate and clean. We had a room facing the street and it was not loud. Situated between two subway stops and has several restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: I liked our street view room. It wasn't loud, but we had the windows closed.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is a very well kept hotel....boutique vintage style. Roomy rooms, great professional and helpful staff, not to mention the delicious plentiful breakfast. I would definitely stay here again...only thing is if you're walking or don't have extra funds for a taxi...this hotel isn't walking distance for downtown!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My cousin and I stayed over the holidays and shared a VERY small, but decent room. The beds were comfortable and the shared bathroom down the hall was very clean. The staff working reception were a bit hot and cold, but a couple of very nice employees made up for one very grumpy one. The breakfast buffet was absolutely fantastic (there was even champagne) and after three days, I don't think we even managed to try everything. Absolutely amazing value for money.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I am really sad that my experience with hotel Nymphenburg got spoiled by a really rude receptionist this night (30/12/2012) who treated me very bad when I asked the internet password for the second time. When you arrive, they give you a password which expires in 24 hours if you don't activate it. They didn't warn me that and the guy made a big issue asking in an irony manner why I didnt activate earlier if I wanted to use internet. And all this in front of other guests who just arrived, making me really, really embarrased.
Before I forget, the shared bathroom was not cleaned today, which makes me think the service was not offered properly.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Four of us stayed three nights at this hotel, we found it clean, well appointed (for the price) and ideally located for the city centre either by public transport or on foot.
The staff were polite and efficient. The rooms clean and quiet with comfortable beds, the breakfast (hot and cold) was plentiful and had a good selection of choices.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dickusok
Reviewed December 16, 2012

My husband and I booked three nights at Hotel Nymphenburg with the understanding that it was a hostel. We arrived to find that it's more of a boutique hotel! Yes, the paint and carpet could be updated. But the collection of Munich-related posters adds character, our small room was more than adequate, and the bed was actually really comfortable! Every request, ie. extra blankets, was met with a very gracious "of course!" It was more than just good customer service, it was a genuine desire to please their guests. The breakfast was one of the better buffets we've seen, even at larger hotels, and everything was delicious. We will absolutely stay here again, and would highly recommend it!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I'm a bit late writing this review - on arriving home after our German tour - welllllll we got a puppy!!! And boy has she taken up time!!! BUT we were so impressed now I've a moment I HAVE to write a review!!!
We went on WW2 trip and Munich was our longest stay and I wanted something that looked and felt GERMAN!!! We stayed in other 3* hotels that were "characterless" so I picked this one!
OH boy did I get it right!!!
Our room was a standard one but it was at the end of a corridor so it was perhaps a little larger than standard but most people only stayed 2/3 nights -we stayed 8!!! I don't think there was a day that as we were coming and going that guests were not checking in or out - but Jan and Christian made it all flow and still had time to answer any questions.
If you like "traditional" it would be perfect!!. Bedroom was comfy perhaps a little less storage space than WE needed BUT we stayed longer than they are used to so we were glad of the residents lounge and TV. Bathroom modern and very clean. Private parking available but on such a quiet street there were no worries if we didn't get into it! We had (gonna sound posh here - a private guide and HE leaves a VERY expensive UK car just down the road - how safe is that!!!). In Munich WW2 tours are all private - the local tourist offices don't do any (probably got to do with war guilt)
Breakfast is extra, now we had 3 trips booked with our guide that started early!!! So we either got up and went, OR slept in - this worried Christian because we didn't have breakfast!!! In fact we only had breakfast on our last day as he was so worried!!!! BUT on our 2 early morning "guided tour" starts, they happily gave both us and the guide coffee AND didn't charge it!!! that's how much Christian and Jan want this hotel to be good.
Yep, there is no lift but we were offered help in carrying our bags (we didn't accept cos we were on a 3 week tour and had an electric cooler box which we were not tooo sure would be accepted and had bags for overnights stays - well we drove, I didn't pack the kitchen sink but I did pack a fridge!!! I'm a heavy packer [blushy face]). The entrance from the car park looks a bit like you are going to a toilet area but from practicality point of view, tiles on the stairs do not mark from luggage!!
So bedroom comfy and traditional, bathroom clean - always gonna get good marks with me!!!. Just down the road (they provide a map) is the tram into the centre of Munich, so very easy. Also several very good restaurants and a BEER KELLER in walking distance - how could anyone complain?? And the Schloss Nymphemburg in walking distance too. Two adequate supermarkets for day tripping food (for those on a budget) less than 5 mins away! Also for those who self drive or fly drive is just off one of the ring roads andonce you've found th Schloss it's marked on the road signs!!!
It is a non smoking hotel, but there's a small garden for when it fine and a porch for when it isn't and Jan smokes ( that's when I had my best talks with him) BUT it's such a quiet area that a female smoker does not feel at risk at 2 o'clock in the morning!!!)
What really stands out was the customer service here!! Christian and Jan run the hotel - Christians wife also helps.
Jan was very informative for us about his family background for WW2 (you have to be a bit careful about this area in Germany - the key word is "tact"!!!)) and spent many an evening chatting with me whilst having a fag about his family's experiences which I found very interesting.
But both Christian and Jan were SOOOOO very interested in what we were doing and when, that it only took us one day to feel like we were coming home and yep I know it sounds silly but I did have a little "well up" in my eyes when we left. Both hubby and I loved it there and more!!! But most important of all was that it was right for us!

Room Tip: There's a Honeymoon suite - (it was our 30th anniversary so we didn't book that soon enough...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple