Open today: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Book in advance
from
$213.95
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Big Hat Tours
from $213.95
from $213.95
from $230.41
More Info
All reviews dachau tour walking tour of munich world war ii curt history germany insight anecdotes
Selected filters
Reviewed January 13, 2018

Our party of 4 had a great 3 hour Munich Walking tour with Curt and would highly recommend his tours. Was very enjoyable and informative.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed January 11, 2018

Curt (aka Norm) brightened up our day from the moment we met. While his humor is eye-rolling at times it sure creates a fun and educational way to learn about the city. He engaged with our 17 year old daughter in a brilliant and entertaining way on this cold morning. My hat goes off to him. Great job. I highly recommend the Big Hat.

Date of experience: December 2017
1  Thank INLOGIX
Reviewed January 10, 2018

I couldn't have been more pleased with Curt as our tour guide. We only had one afternoon to see Munich's highlights with my wife and two daughters (ages 12 and 19). I contacted Curt via email (I found his email address on his website). He made it very easy to book the tour and was clear on pricing and where to meet him.

When we arrived in Munich, we had no problems finding Curt at the designated spot. He asked us whether there was anything we were particularly interested in seeing. We asked for him to show us the walkable "highlights."

Curt is an American ex-pat, so we had zero problems communicating with him (as we speak virtually no German). Curt was friendly and attended to our interests, keeping our entire party (including the kids) engaged with what he was showing to us.

If you're going to Munich and need a tour guide, book through Big Hat Tours!

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed January 9, 2018

I'm a bit behind in posting my review but wanted to be sure to recommend Curt as a terrific guide. My husband and I did the 3 hour walking tour of Munich with him in October and honestly came away feeling much more knowledgeable and informed about the city and it's history in very a short time frame. We were also very appreciative that he was not upset with the fact that we ran 30 minutes late in arriving for our tour.
Highly recommend Big Hat Tours!

Date of experience: October 2017
2  Thank srh615
Reviewed December 31, 2017

Despite temps in the low to mid 30's (we're from CA,TX and GA so that's cold to us!), Curt managed to give us an entertaining and comprehensive tour of central Munich. At first, his jokes seemed a little hokey (we were 6 over-educated adults), but he quickly read the vibe of the group and settled in to an interesting historical and cultural tour. And, thankfully, he stopped into a coffee shop or church every 30 minutes so we could thaw out! As others have said, he carries his IPad with photos of WWII damage, which some people will find interesting and others will not. He also has an interesting personal story of how he, as an American, came to be a tour guide in Germany. We would definitely recommend Big Hat Tours.

Date of experience: November 2017