“Wonderful journey to Salzburg....”
Review of Big Hat Tours

Big Hat Tours
Ranked #3 of 130 Tours in Munich
More attraction details
Owner description: Munich City, Third Reich, Dachau, Salzburg, Nuremberg and Neuschwanstein and other Ludwig II Castles. A tour with Curt Milburn is like having a welcoming family friend show you around Munich. Curt's been called "The Wikipedia of History". He specializes in small group and private tours. Tours are tailor-made and Curt finds out what YOU want to see. His City Tours go beyond canned, set routes. You'll see the famous sites, architecture, learn about kings, Hitler, foods and beer. Our Third Reich Tours delve deep into more than when, but why and how the Nazis came to power and you'll see the bombed buildings of Hitler. Curt's Dachau tours are sensitive and remarkably moving and his Neuschwanstein and Castle tours are great fun. Salzburg & Nuremberg are within your reach with Big Hat Tours! Every tour is accompanied by an Apple i-Pad with hundreds of photos to put you into history.
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our travel to Salzburg got off to a great start, meeting Curt was like meeting a long lost friend. Since the "private tour" was only an additional 45 euro we chose this option-most likely only an additional 1~2% to our travel budget. I highly recommend this for selfish reasons: you get the total attention of Curt, you don't have to worry about others walking speeds, demands, health conditions, etc. He got us on the train in time to have premium window seats-upon departure the train was full with many standing. On the way to Salzburg Curt brought out his ipad and explained the options of the trip-great insight into what was coming. My wife is a non-native English speaker and Curt was courteous and spoke somewhat slowly to her. Curt showed us all the main attractions of the town and many things that you just do not find in guide books without great research. He was a wealth of information. In addition to the history of Salzburg, over lunch and on the way back to Munich he gave us a short lecture on King Ludwig of Bavaria and the Nazi's and the Third Reich-I could feel/hear the passion in his voice as he spoke. Also, on the way back to Munich. the ipad came out again and we saw clips of the Sound of Music related to the locations we had visited. I feel very lucky to have been able to have a private tour with Curt. Thank you very much Curt!

1  Thank ButaTokyo

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Curt is knowledgable, courteous, well prepared and follows through. My wife and I got a great walking tour in the heart of old town Munich...where Hitler was first gaining power with the Nazis. So much of the remnants have been wiped out, one really needs an experienced, trained eye to know where to lookand what you're seeing. Book it.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and our two sons met Curt for an all-day trip to Neuschwanstein. It was the highlight of our trip! Curt was entertaining and informative and had all the logistics worked out for a memorable trip to Mad King Ludwig's castle. On the train ride, he entertained us with stories of the history of the area and the castle. While in Fussen and Neuschwanstein, the logistics were perfect and we had time to spend on the bridge above the castle and well as make the breath-taking walk back to the bottom of the hill. On the train ride home, we were all enthralled with the stories of the circumstances surrounding King Ludwid's death and possible murder. We were sad that we were leaving the next day and wouldn't have a chance to participate in other tours by Curt!

1  Thank 551Virginia
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Curt was a real Pro's Pro! Took us for a very informative trip of Dachau and then a tour of Munich's history related to the Nazi Movement. Curt is not only very knoweldgeable....but has a wonderful ability to explain history, philosophy and raise i
nteresting points of view without judgment. A true pleasure and wonderful day! For Americans he is from Chicago...and has an easy way to communicate...but he is a true Member of the Munich Community and has all the insights and knowledge of a person born and raised in Munich. Thanks Curt!!!!!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Curt was great; very funny, knowledgable, and interesting! My boyfriend and I had a personal tour with him. He answered all our questions and tailored the tour to what we wanted to see. He also brought along currency from the era and rare pictures. He let me take pictures for my students (I am a teacher) and told stories that would help me grab their attention. Curt also gave us an honest review of things to see in the area. We have already recommended him to others!