“Great tour”
Review of Big Hat Tours

Big Hat Tours
Ranked #3 of 130 Tours in Munich
More attraction details
Owner description: Munich City, Third Reich, Dachau, Salzburg, Nuremberg and Neuschwanstein and other Ludwig II Castles. A tour with Curt Milburn is like having a welcoming family friend show you around Munich. Curt's been called "The Wikipedia of History". He specializes in small group and private tours. Tours are tailor-made and Curt finds out what YOU want to see. His City Tours go beyond canned, set routes. You'll see the famous sites, architecture, learn about kings, Hitler, foods and beer. Our Third Reich Tours delve deep into more than when, but why and how the Nazis came to power and you'll see the bombed buildings of Hitler. Curt's Dachau tours are sensitive and remarkably moving and his Neuschwanstein and Castle tours are great fun. Salzburg & Nuremberg are within your reach with Big Hat Tours! Every tour is accompanied by an Apple i-Pad with hundreds of photos to put you into history.
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Curt did a private city tour of Munich for my husband and I. He provided a wealth of information and showed us all around the city. We loved that he shared a lot of the history in Munich and also shared some of the tips for staying in Munich. I would recommend this tour to anyone on the first day of their stay in Munich for some great information and a very good tour guide!

1  Thank Jessica761

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I booked this tour with my parents. It was freezing cold and snowed during much of our morning tour but we still had an excellent time. Curtis personalizes the tour to encompass what you are interested in. He also keeps them small. Ours had a total of 7. It's not your typical tour but that's what makes it nice.

1  Thank GitOutaHere
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Curt's tour was great. A small group and an intimate experience. You get so much ore time to ask the questions you want and have a conversation on the side. A very personable experience. Heartily recommend to all who are looking for a guide in Munich.

1  Thank JimmyT884
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Curt was unavailable when we were in Munich last week and yet he went out of his way to refer us to another guide, Yolanda Tenerio, who was able to provide us an excellent tour of Hohenschwangau/Neuschwanstein castles. She was very knowledgeable and gave us tremendous amount of background information about Ludwig II and his family to provide historical context to the castle tour. Thanks to both Curt and Yolanda for making our family trip to Bavaria so enjoyable.

1  Thank Mike A
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Curt wasn't available when my buddy and I had some time for a tour, but he referred us to Achim...and we had an absolutely awesome tour.

We did the "Rise of the Third Reich" tour with Achim, walking through a good portion of Old Munich over about 3.5 hours. His knowledge was seemingly unending, his manner jocular and his patience virtuous. I know I interrupted him 100 times with questions...

I told my buddy afterward, "I'd pay $100 just to sit and talk with that guy." His perspective and breadth of knowledge was amazing.

Though Curt wasn't our tour guide, here's the point: if he's not available, he's going to refer you to someone who's also super great. Achim, my hat's off to you. And Curt - great referral!