Big Hat Tours
Ranked #3 of 130 Tours in Munich
More attraction details
Owner description: Munich City, Third Reich, Dachau, Salzburg, Nuremberg and Neuschwanstein and other Ludwig II Castles. A tour with Curt Milburn is like having a welcoming family friend show you around Munich. Curt's been called "The Wikipedia of History". He specializes in small group and private tours. Tours are tailor-made and Curt finds out what YOU want to see. His City Tours go beyond canned, set routes. You'll see the famous sites, architecture, learn about kings, Hitler, foods and beer. Our Third Reich Tours delve deep into more than when, but why and how the Nazis came to power and you'll see the bombed buildings of Hitler. Curt's Dachau tours are sensitive and remarkably moving and his Neuschwanstein and Castle tours are great fun. Salzburg & Nuremberg are within your reach with Big Hat Tours! Every tour is accompanied by an Apple i-Pad with hundreds of photos to put you into history.
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I went on three of his tours, we had a great time! His tours are very informative and I learned alot from him, since he was a history major in college! The Third Reich tour was my favorite, I wish we had more time and went with him on the Dachau tour.

1  Thank Lennysquiggy

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We recently were there on a trip back from Austria, and had a tour arrangd with kurt...he is soo engaging and the knowledge base that he has is amazing. i highly recommend him.. he also arranged an outstanding lunch at a wonderful restaurant...

He has a wonderful personality and great sense of humor...a great people person

Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I learnt more than I would have on any other tour.
Curt really does his research to come up with some interesting facts.
Thank you Curt!

1  Thank meekaquab
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Our ski club group of 30 ended our trip with a stop over in Munich after a week in Austria. Our trip leader arranged for Curt to give us a walking tour of Munich. Curt first arranged a wonderful lunch for us and met us at the restaurant. His knowledge of Munich, Nazi and Hitler history, along with his sense of humor provided for a wonderful winter afternoon of walking around Munich. We saw several churches along with the other sites that one would want to see while in Munich. Our tour lasted approximately 4 hours and Curt never seemed to grow weary of taking us to the next site. I would certainly recommend him as your tour guide while in Munich.

1  Thank djc575
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have been on tours; from Singapore to Edinburgh, Paris to Toronto and many others all over the world but this one was by far the best. The Big Hat set us up to begin our tour in the perfect restaurant. We were treated like friends that just dropped by, not noisy tourists. From there we followed that Big Hat all over Munich and that Big Hat, brought the city alive. From the history of the church's we saw, to visiting the places of the rise and fall of the Nazi Party, new architecture, old architecture, restored architecture that Hat knew what we needed to know so we could say; "We saw Munich!!" I could spend allot of time discussing each place we visited but suffice it to say our group of thirty felt as though we were very special. Curt with his Big Hat treated us like family.