“A wonderful place to rest”
Review of Hotel Koenigshof

Hotel Koenigshof
Ranked #20 of 385 Hotels in Munich
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Not only was the food tremendous, but the staff was very friendly that would go above and beyond their duties! The room was magnificent, and it was a comfort to stay there when I was in distress about the airlines loosing my luggage. The hotel helped to communicate with the airport in order to retrieve my luggage on time.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Nick S
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Nick S,

Thank you for your kind evaluation on trip advisor.

I really appreciate your praising words on our staff and I am happy to hear, that they did everything to make your stay a comfortable one and could help you to retrieve your luggage.

I can imagine the disaster to be in Munich without luggage!

Hoping to welcoming you once again (with luggage!) I send you my best personal regards

There are newer reviews for Hotel Koenigshof

Reviewed February 1, 2014

We enjoyed five wonderful days here and cant fault the Hotel in any way. The location is perfect with the train network and Marienplatz literally outside the front door. The domestic train is 20m away and the europe train network is 100m away.

The staff, food, atmosphere, rooms, customer service and quality of the hotel is exceptional. What really made our stay so memorable was the customer service provided by all the staff, with special thanks to Mr Martin Livingski who made us smile and laugh every morning. We will be going back to this hotel in future, guaranteed.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Neil C
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Neil C,

What an amazing comment! I want to thank you so much for your nice and lauding words. The way you describe it, we want all our guests to see it like that. I am happy to hear, that in your case we were so successful.

Of course I will pass your comment to all colleagues but especially to Martin Lewinsky, who will be very delighted.

Thanks again and hope to see you soon again

Kindest regards

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stayed several nights in December and loved the experience of Munich and the train trip to Nuremberg. Our room was at the front on Karlsplatz overlooking the traffic, the ice rink and further on into the pedestrian area. We slept well every night as the glazing is very effective in cutting down the noise. The hotel is convenient to suburban and long distance trains and shops are close by for the purchase of most things. We even needed the doctor and found a helpful pharmacist next door who directed us to the clinic nearby.
Staff at the hotel were always helpful and the manager of the breakfast area was always polite and friendly even at peak time. The hotel was clean and warm and felt like home.

Room Tip: Possibly room 404, centre fronting Karlsplatz.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sydneywoman
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear sydneywoman,

With pleasure we read your comment on tripadvisor and want to thank you for your kind words.

We are really happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay in every aspect. Especially your lauding words for our staff are highly appreciated. I will let them know, as they all ever try to do their best.

Thank you again and hoping to welcoming you once more here at the Koenigshof

Kindest regards

Reviewed December 28, 2013

This hotel was fantastic - plain and simple! When we checked in, we were early, but the front desk got us into our room without any problems. They also gave my children large, yummy chocolate Easter bunnies! The rooms we had were beautifully appointed, and we had a lovely view. Upon our departure, we had to check out well before our train was to leave. The staff made us comfortable in the lobby and even sent over a 2 glasses of wine for my husband and I, and snacks and sweets for my children. The doorman at this hotel went beyond any expectations, and helped us carry our luggage to the train station when we left!!! He also greeted us with a smile each time we returned and talked to us about our day. I would highly recommend this hotel - especially for families traveling with children. The area felt very safe and the staff was friendly beyond compare.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Kimberly W,

We are happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. What you are describing we try to do for every guest and that you appreciate it that way makes us proud.

Hoping to welcoming you again we send you our best wishes for a Happy New Year

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I spent hours checking review sites etc to find a great hotel in a great location in Munich, unfortunately I checked only half the aims off.
The hotel is in great location to one end of the Karlsplatz with a s train entrance right next to it, literally metres from the front door, the Marienplatz is a few minutes pleasant walk.
The s train from the airport is 40 minutes either S1 or S8 and very easy to navigate, the stops are announced in English, buying a ticket is equally easy just buy a partner single day ticket in a machine which automatically validate on purchase, just don't change the option! 21.4 euros for up to 5 persons on one ticket when a cab is at least 55 euros!!
The Hotel was very disappointing, the websites make it look all romantic and perfect for a break but it is all fake, the hotel is in modern building the internal architrave etc are all fake and not done all that well to boot. We booked a double deluxe room at £255 per night on check in we had to complain as it was small, scruffy and facing a concrete car park wall. In the UK this would be perfectly acceptable from a Travel Lodge etc but the cost would be more like £50 per night.We were moved to a larger room but the improvements stopped there, over night the noise was evident from the street, there were only 2 milk sachets left for coffee, the towels were simply worn out and threadbare, the carpets were dirty and the final straw was that the michelin starred restaurant is closed 2 days per week - what do they expect their guests to do. I believe this sums this hotel up it appears this place is run for the benefit of the company and not their guests.

Munich it self is great, the christmas markets were lovely, shopping good and so os the beer and food. People were very friendly and helpful.

I would recommend Munich but DEFINATELY not the HOTEL KOENIGSHOF.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear Rob B,

First of all I want to thank you for giving such a detailled report of our hotel on tripadvisor.

I regret that you did not like our hotel. You are right, that our facade is a modern one and does not look very nice. On the ohter hand most of our guests are very surprised when they enter the hotel, because inside they find a classic style with cosy atmosphere.

I assume you booked one of our superior rooms, which is our smaller category and those rooms are only to the back of the hotel. Perhaps a deluxe room with a parquet floor (this category is of course a bit more expensive) you would have liked more.

Concerning our restaurant I would like to inform you that in November and December it is closed only one day a week which is Sunday. On Sunday we are happy to offer you a dinner in our bar or in the nice restaurant of our sister hotel next door.

If you would give us another chance our reception or concierge will be happy to give you all information needed and they will try to find a room which you really will like.

Thanks again for your comment and kind regards

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Booked at their website

Checkin: Ok, all fine
Checkout: Early morning, quick, ok

Rooms: Nice rooms, "old kingdom" style. Enough space, clean. Bathroom was cold.

Location: In the city center, it is not quite, but ok. Easy to access by car, train or feet. Perfect for business and sightseeing.

Overall: Grand hotel service, from arrival to departure. I stayed here often in 2003-2007 and came now back. And it was like coming home. Nevertheless there are some areas which need a refit, but nothing serious. I enjoyed my stay due to the outstanding service of the staff. They make a difference.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear TMG001,

Thank your for your nice comment on tripadvisor.

I am very proud to read that you felt like coming home after several years. Especially your nice words on the service of our staff I appreciate very much and of course will share this praise with them. It is our intention to make the difference!

Wishing you Merry Christmas and a happy New Year

Reviewed November 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nites in June ; this was my first time to Munich & was careful as to my hotel research . I read many of the Trip Advisor reviews & such the nice hotel affiliations for Munich such as Leading Hotels which rarely disappointments .....and Hotel Koenigshof did not disappoint us. It is a very,very nice old hotel in a good location for visiting all the attraction in "old" Munich. Our room was luxuriuos & had a great view . We ate breakfast at the hotel each morning...excellent .We ate out for lunch & dinner at restraurants recommended by our concierge & allwere very good .
No question about this hotel.....we highly recommend .

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Larry M
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Dear Larry M

We are very grateful that you took the time to share your experience of our property with us.
Thank you, for your kind words and compliments that I will definitely forward to our entire staff who I am sure will be encouraged by your remarks.

That you, after researching, choose our Hotel Königshof fulfills us with pride. I hope we will have the honor to welcome you soon again and provide you with our best service.

With kind regards