“Extremely disappointed with reception and cleaning service. But one of the best locations.”
Review of Hotel Koenigshof

-old rooms
+great location
+room cosmetics by Etro.

Reception:
We've booked 2 rooms. Even though we told in advance that we will arrive at 3 p.m none of the rooms were ready. After 3o minutes waiting time we finally got our rooms. Receptionists (actually 5 of them who were all doing the check-in for just 4 of us) gave us a wrong wifi password 3 times. Yes, 3 times I went to reception in order to get the correct password.
Room service:
Normally I ignore some dust in a room, but huge amounts of dust in here are unacceptable. Moreover, one day a cleaning lady after evening room preparation threw a completely wet towel on my bed; what for remains a mystery for me.
All in all, completely disappointing service both reception and cleaning. But great location in the city. In just 5 minutes walking time you can reach Hauptbahnhof and approx. 5-10 minutes Frauenkirche. As a "bonus" you get Etro cosmetics set. You can also choose a pillow from a wide range of hotel pillows.
I will never stay again in this old dusty and unfriendly hotel because of my negative experience.

Room Tip: probably in another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Zzap190454
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Zzap190454,

I thank you for your comment on tripadvisor, although it is a hard criticism of our team at the reception desk and housekeeping, but it will give me a chance to improve our service.

First of all please accept my apology for the bad experience you had at Hotel Königshof. As you may see from many other comments who are praising especially the service, your experience should be an exception. This may have been caused, because two new trainees started their work at reception (this is the reason why there were five people at reception desk).

I of course checked with reception, why your rooms were not ready at 3 pm. They wanted to assign two rooms next door and the guests having stayed in those rooms left too late without informing us. As they managed to enable your check in at 3.12 pm for the first room and 3.18 pm for the second room I really hope you can forgive us this short waiting time which you spend with a coffee in our bar.

I also spoke to the housekeeper, who will give another training to our new colleagues and trainees, that this problem will not occure again.

Should you intend to come back to our hotel despite this negative experience, please let me know personally.

Assistant to the Manager

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I was there with my family For 2 night I have two rooms With nice view
The room Little bit Smaller But very clean end Cozy
You have your Own espresso Machine In the room No charge
The staff in the front desk Are very kind And Helpful
The best thing Is the location Few steps from the hotel It's The Mien Street For shopping The Central station And the Subway/ metro
The breakfast served With menu
But it's very quickly
I was in room 206 And you can sleep at night With open window
It's very noisy

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Yigaldoga
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Yigaldoga,

Thank you very much for your positive evaluation on tripadvisor.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff did provide a good service to you and your family. And you are absolutely wright: from our hotel all the sights of Munich as well as the shopping area can easily be reached by walking.

So, whenever you return to Munich we would be happy to welcome you again at the Königshof.

Kind regards

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and we chose it because of its convenient location. There are metro tramway bus...all kinds of public transportation to get around. Entrance to the pedestrian old town area is right across the street. Staff was really friendly to us and provided a lot of helpful suggestions. Our room was really good.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Dear Winnie C,

with great pleasure I read your nice comment on trip advisor. I am so happy to hear that we succeeded once again to satisfy a guest.

Whenever you will be back to Munich you are very welcome at our hotel.

Kind regards

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Two things knock the 5 star rating down to a 4 star hotel: 1 - the air conditioning barely works, especially when the temperature is over 30C and 2] many of the staff are arrogant and have a dour demeanour, the worst being the head waiter in the restaurant. He talks down to us and is not a pleasant person.

Room is nice and the food for breakfast is quite good. Location is excellent.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank peteyToronto
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear peteyToronto,

Thank you for your evaluation on tripadvisor.

First of all I want to apology that the air condition in your room did not cool down your room to your satisfaction and you had to suffer from the heat.

The more I am astonished to hear that our staff was arrogant. As you may see in many other comments, especially the friendliness of the employees is appreciated by our guests. I want to assure you that I take this complaint very serious and will talk to our staff again that they should control their behaviour and their words.

I hope you will give us another chance on a possible next visit to Munich.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in July 2013. We were attracted because of the pictures in the hotel internet site and it is a member of Leading Hotels of the World. On check in we got a terrible room, it is very old and the carpet full of old stains. The bathroom very old and the wardrobes shocking as the safe was missing and the internals destroyed as if someone had stolen the safe by ripping it out from the timber shelvings. We were so angry to be given such a room. They quickly apologized and said it was their biggest room for our family and they offered us a choice of two other rooms and we picked one in the end which was smaller but marginally better but again old and very tired looking, it has had its best years behind it. At least there was a working safe and the carpet slightly less stained. The towels were uncomfortable to use as they are too thin and not very absorbent. Although the room is very clean you just do not expect badly stained carpet in a 5 star hotel that is expensive so even though it is clean it still looked dirty and uninviting. The floor we got was a smoking floor although there was no smell in our room, the corridor had smoke smell since the guests in the royal suite several doors away were smoking and always left their door open to let the smoke out to the corridor. I guess they paid more than us so they can do whatever they want. We paid EURO 360 a night with no breakfast. This is the second most expensive hotels we stayed in Europe, the most expensive was The Bulgari in Milan at Euro 690 a night. On the plus side, its location is great close to MarientPlatz. All of the hotel staff from the concierge, the manager, the cleaning lady were fantastic, very helpful and accommodating. We were told that they have recently renovated rooms unfortunately they were unavailable during our stay or too small for our family.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a recently renovated room
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Amadeus88
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Dear Amadeus88,

Thank you for honest comment on tripadvisor. I have to admit that we are not happy with your words, but they will help us to improve the situation in the rooms you are speaking of.

As you already got to know we are giving a facelift to a few rooms. At the same time I want to let you know, that the Hotel Koenigshof will be totally changed in the next years. But as there are many approvals from the local government necessary, we are not able to tell you, when we will start with this project.

The more I am happy to hear that you were satisfied with the staff. I will let them know and want to assure that they all ever try to do their best job.

Hoping to welcoming you again despite of that experience I send you my best personal regards

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Excellent 5 star hotel - very well trained and attentive staff. Superbly appointed rooms. Free Wifi. Very good breakfast. Clearly an expensive hotel but they work hard for their money. Great location in a great city.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank toecap
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear toecap

We are happy to hear that you loved your stay at our hotel with its location, facilities and our staff. I will be happy to forward your compliments to our team, who I’m certain will be encouraged by your beautiful remarks

Thanking you for your nice comment and we hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is a great place to stay in Munich. The plan was to find a 5 star hotel which is very central and to get a spacious and comfortable room. Whilst Hotel Koenigshof is admittedly not the Bayerische Hof, its location is brilliant, the hotel staff is very friendly and the view of the Stachus is magnificent. Hotel Koenigshof is not cheap but you definitely get your money's worth. I can highly recommend for a luxury weekend in Munich. We did everything on foot, taxi rides to all sights were less than 15 Euro and the main shopping mile is just a stone throw away.

Room Tip: Ask for room with a view of the Stachus.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Edmond_Dantes99

Dear Edmond_Dantes99

I want to thank you very much for your warm and lauding words on our hotel and I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. The location and the front view of our hotel is indeed great and you did, what I ever recommend: leave your car in the garage and walk, take a Taxi or the public transport!

We really hope to welcome you for your next luxury weekend trip and send you our best regards