Just stayed at the Platzl for 4 nights with my spouse. This was our first choice of hotels based on location and TA reviews. I had emailed the hotel b/c I had a hard time booking on line. They were always prompt in responding to me and provided walking directions from the metro upon request.
1. Location - close to Marienplatz, metro, hoffbrau haus, and restaurants.
2. Service - contact person, front desk, breakfast wait staff, door men and pretty much everyone we encountered was polite and helpful.
3. Breakfast - included, lots to choose from.
4. Rooms - I'd say they're nice and kept clean, but I wouldn't call them lavish. Towels and robes provided are old and scratchy. We had a pretty big room, but I believe we had a suite b/c I was informed it was the only room available.
1. I would have really liked a digital clock in the room. We woke up every night due to a severe case of jet lag and it was impossible to tell what time it was. (Should we get up? Go back to sleep?) We had to get up out of bed several times to find a watch then turn on a light to check it. Maybe it doesn't go with the decor, but I would have loved to peek an eye open to see what time it was.
2. Expensive. I don't mind paying a high price for a great hotel, but this didn't come with the luxury one associates with such a high rate. (e.g. better quality towels, ammentities, services, etc) You're basically just paying for the location.
3. Noise. We were on the 1st floor. The street noise really only became a problem on Saturday night when there were more people out partying all night. The other nights were tolerable.
Overall we had a great stay and we appreciate the service we recieved. I would recommend this place to friends traveling to Munich.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You place great importance on quality and want to be right in the middle of Munich's city life? Then Platzl Hotel Munich and its culinary offerings are the address for you. This traditional four-star Superior Hotel and its two popular restaurants - the Pfistermuhle and Wirtshaus Ayingers - are located in the heart of Munich's old city, right beside the famous Hofbrauhaus. And just a short walk from the Marienplatz, the Bavarian State Opera, Maximilianstrasse and Viktualienmarkt. The Inselkammer family and its team combine Bavarian hospitality and traditional style elements with a modern lifestyle and state-of-the-art technology. It begins with a warm welcome in the foyer, continues through the 167 guest rooms and only ends when you leave Munich through the city's historic quarter. This combination of tradition and modernity also creates the ideal setting for private celebrations such as birthdays or weddings, but also conferences and seminars. Your visit should also include a taste of the culinary offerings at our two restaurants - because gastronomy has a long tradition at the Platzl. As early as the beginning of the last century, the Platzl stage was graced not just by cabaret giants such as Karl Valentin. Good Bavarian food also made repeat appearances, being served to guests before and after the performances. Today, the Pfistermuhle is synonymous with sophisticated Bavarian cuisine - at Munich's only preserved city mill. Since the year 2000, people from Munich and elsewhere have enjoyed the hearty regional dishes at Wirtshaus Ayingers, which is next door, while the charming stores and eateries in the "Platzlgassen" add to the lively atmosphere in the Platzl. Our outside bar the Platzl Karree presents a unique bar concept in Munich's old town. Because of the stylish and yet down-to-earth design the fine balancing act between tradition and modernity with the Platzl Karree is perfectly realized. The dominating colors anthracite with burgundy and the dark parquet flooring create a bar to relax and enjoy. In the new Josefa Bar & Kaffee we serve locally produced unique spirits, cool beverages with herbs freshly from the Viktualien market and own cocktail creations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Platzl Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Platzl Hotel Munich