Marc Munchen
$415
$392
Hotels.com
1,901 results
All reviewstrain stationgreat hotelpillow spraynever felt unsafebreakfast buffetmodern hotelside streetcentral locationrain showerminute walkbreakfast was amazingmain stationwould definitely stay here againgreat showerstayed here for nightswould highly recommend this hotelcomfortable rooms
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I stayed here with my husband for 2 nights between Christmas and New Year 2013 and for the most part our stay was flawless. We booked relatively short notice but still got a decent rate which included breakfast (which was great!). Our room was modern, not huge, but plenty of space for 2 people for a weekend. Bathroom was also very modern and clean. Wifi at the hotel is free which is brilliant (one of my pet peeves is 4 and 5 star hotels that insist on charging ridiculous amounts for wifi). Staff were friendly and the room was kept clean and well serviced. The location of the hotel is very close to the main train station which has its advantages and disadvantages. From a transport perspective it's great as tonnes of s- and u-bahn trains are right . There are also lots of small shops in the area, including 2 Rossmann shops (like a Boots shop) where you can buy water etc should you wish. You can also walk directly to the main shopping street in a few minutes from the hotel and further to the town hall and Viktualienmarkt, so no need to use public transport at all really for these sights. We didn't go anywhere very touristy as we've been to Munich before a number of times but as mentioned above, there are loads of public transport options available close by. Downsides to the location are that the area is a little grotty (although not too bad at all) but this isn't unusual when you're close to a major train station. The area certainly didn't put me off at all and we always felt safe. Breakfast was great - huge buffet with everything you could wish for plus coffee, tea, juice, water and even sparkling wine ;-) I don't usually book breakfast with my room but the two were a package and the breakfast was worth it. And now onto my few niggles ;-) The temperature in the room was very high. We tried to turn off all heating but it didn't really cool the room down and we ended up leaving the window open most of the night (to be fair it was unusually warm in Munich for winter, probably 10 degrees during the day). The bathroom has lovely hand soap and hand lotion but instead of having shampoo and shower gel, it just has a multi purpose gel/shampoo on one of those dispensers stuck to the wall in the shower. I feel this lets the hotel down (a very little) as it just isn't in keeping with a 4 star hotel. It's a very small thing but separate bottles of shampoo and shower gel would just give a much better impression. Also there was no conditioner. And finally, I'm pretty sure there was someone on our floor in the hotel smoking. I wasn't sure whether you were allowed to smoke at the hotel or not (but surely not in 2013?!) but then you never know in Germany... We noticed this late at night so didn't mention it to any of the staff but it's something they should be mindful of as it could be very off putting for guests. But that's it - overall this is a great hotel, stay here when you're in Munich!! I'll definitely be back...

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sweetpea_me
marcmuenchen, Leiter Front Office at Marc Munchen, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear Sweetpea_me,

Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel marc munich****.
We are pleased you chose us spontaneously and were positively surprised. It is always rewarding to read of the remarkable and friendly service staff provided to ensure a relaxing and wonderful stay.
I am happy you were able to enjoy our breakfast with lots of fresh quality products and cooking station for hot egg specialties, we feel it is a must-have and therefor almost always include it into the room rate.
Regarding the room I am pleased you liked it very much and praise the cleanliness. Thank you for your “niggles”, too, we always want to further improve ourselves and it is very important that guests inform us if they have any improvements suggestions. I forwarded your request for separate shampoo and shower gel and hair conditioner to the housekeeping manager.

Obviously there was a problem with the air condition, as surely the guests can adjust the temperature in their room by themselves if necessary. We are sorry and hope it was no to great inconvenience.
I am shocked about the smoking in the hotel. We are a 100% non-smoking hotel for years, even before the renovation! Please be assured when we notice anyone smoking in the rooms or public areas we will prevent this immediately! In this case it seems to me we did not notice – late at night this is difficult for us if no guest complains, but I am sure the housekeeping informed the front desk the next day and this guest was inculcated with our non-smoking policy.

We all are looking forward to welcoming you back and thank you again for your review.

Kind regards

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We have stayed in many, many hotels in Munich since we moved back to the states several years ago. Since then we have been on the hunt for a Munich hotel which is centrally located, with modern amenities, free WiFi and friendly staff. We've come close on a few occasions, but I think we finally got it right with the Marc Hotel. The hotel is located a short 5 minute walk from the Hauptbahnhof and is located on a side street with several other hotels. The hotel has been recently renovated and it is quite modern and lovely. The staff greeted us warmly, were very friendly and even had our room ready despite our 11am arrival (which we very much appreciated). Our room was a decent size, modern, very clean and quite nicely appointed with a rather large bathroom and a fabulous rain shower. Our room was on the courtyard side so it was incredibly quiet. The building itself is very soundly built because we didn't hear a peep from anywhere. The bed was lovely and we slept solid (better than at home even) despite the jetlag. The breakfast buffet was extensive and even I was able to find plenty to eat despite my many food allergies. Oh yes, and the WiFi was included! It was wonderful to finally find a hotel in Munich dedicated to great customer service! Our search has ended and we'll be back at the Marc on our next trip to Munich!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TobaniSeattle

Good day Tobani from Seattle!
Thank you very much for letting us be your favorite choice in Munich and for sharing your impressions of our hotel marc**** with TripAdvisor. We are much honored!
I am pleased we were able to get your room ready early and I am equally happy you could rest after the long flight in our brand-new beds: “Majestic Plus orthopaedic LFK - inner spring mattress for a perfect sleeping comfort” (FYI: re-opening after complete renovation in August 2012). Most of our rooms are facing the quiet courtyard and because of the centrally location of our house we made sure to get very good sound proof windows of course.
We provide a vast breakfast buffet for our guest and I am glad you were able to enjoy the food. Should you have any further requirements regarding your food allergies, just inform us let’s say 10 days prior arrival and we are happy to get the extras for you!

We are delighted to have found new regular guests in you and we are looking forward to your future stays!

Warm greetings

Reviewed January 15, 2014

The location is perfect, it's very close to the train station and it's perfectly safe, otherwise you wouldn't find several four star hotels on the same street. What makes Marc München different is its hotel staff - they are all very friendly and helpful and make you feel that you are their valuable guest. The breakfast was excellent - lot of options and you have a staff that's responsible of cooking fresh omelette to your order. Room is modern and my bathroom is huge. I would definitely stay here again when I visit Munich next time.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank thetankengine

Dear guest,
Thank you for your lovely review!
We very much agree with you: to have an unforgettable experience and to feel really welcome there is but the staff who can make the difference! Naturally we are pleased you felt very friendly and helpfully treated! Your lovely words will be shared with all the team, thank you again.
Great that you had the time to enjoy our freshly prepared egg specialties! We offer a vast breakfast buffet and it can take days to try each and everything =)

We can’t wait to welcoming you back! Kindest regards

Reviewed January 14, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel over the Christmas break and cannot fault it. The rooms were nice and clean, and the staff were amazing! Not only were they helpful, but extremely friendly. They made us feel so welcome that we changed our plans to stay a few extra nights. The hotel is also in a great location, so getting around was very easy. I'll definitely stay here again on my next trip to Munich and would highly recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Peepietown

Good morning,
It is a pleasure to read you review, thank you so much! We are truly happy you and your husband had an unforgettable time in Munich. Believe me I am shining with pride for our team, no greater compliment can be made and we will be encouraged to keep our high standards!

You are always most welcome and we are looking forward to having you again in our house

I'd like to send you lovely greetings from Munich

Reviewed January 10, 2014

We only stayed in the hotel for one night (New Years Eve), and having arrived at the railway station the walk to the hotel was not great. While it did not look overly dangerous, it was not comfortable to walk through...and this was in the daylight.

I have read the other reviews and they rate the hotel very highly, so I have questioned why I haven't...the rooms are good, but ours had scuff/dirt marks on the wall, the bathroom was very small and the room was difficult to move around as it was not very large. So, while the hotel was ok, I certainly wouldn't give it anything more than average, especially for the price we paid (which may have been inflated for New Years Eve).

You will not be totally let down if you stay at the hotel, but I am sure there has to be better in Munich, both from a location and upkeep perspective.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Reluctant_business
marcmuenchen, Leiter Front Office at Marc Munchen, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Reluctant_business,

Thank you for taking the time to post your impressions and your review in TripAdvisor.

I am sorry our hotel and room accommodations were not up to your expectations. Having dirt marks on the wall is not a nice sight, please accept our apologies. I am sure they have been removed by our facility department meanwhile, but I’d like to double-check myself if you tell me your room number please (info@hotel-marc.de).

It is true that the hotel rates vary and rates are raised on high season dates such as New Year’s Eve. Please believe me this is standard business in all city hotels and I am sure you checked the prices in some other Munich hotels as well and found them equally increased.

I am also very sorry that your impressions of the hotel’s vicinity were that negative. True, the center stations surroundings are neither the most beautiful nor is it really comfortable with the masses of travelers and I am sure because of New Year’s Eve there were even more people on the way. But as you explained yourself already it is not a dangerous area and in general Munich is a very safe city. Furthermore the pedestrian area is only a 5 minutes’ walk from the hotel so the hotel’s location is actually rather good, close to the city center as well as the train station.

We appreciate your feedback and we would be happy to get a chance to welcome you back. Maybe during a low season time when the prices are definitely lower.

Kind regards