We stayed here for 3 nights in October, and here are some of the good and bad.
1) New hotel- boutique. Mind you, it's not everyone's cup of tea.
2) Location- an easy stay 5-10 mins walk from HBF (main train station). We arrived in Munich from Salzburg at HBF, and used HBF S-Bahn. to get to the Munich airport (takes about 45mins).
3) Room- small but functional. We found there's enough room for the 2 of us and there are enough storage. There's an safe in the room.
4) There's a supermarket just around the corner.
5) We arrived before check-in time; but was able to check in, always a bonus to be able to have a quick refreshment before heading out to city to explore.
6) Room was always clean and tidy.
1) Location- as mentioned in other reviews, the street is located in red light district. However, it never felt unsafe and there was never any bother walking on the street when we returned in the evenings.
2) Air con- we chose we this hotel mainly due to the availability of air-con. However, the AC control central panel was in German. We figured out how to change it to English but we still couldn't make it work or cool the room down. It wasn't hot when we were there but just needed ventilation in the room so it wasn't stuffy. There was a window in the room which we could open for fresh air, but the street was busy and with loud music so we couldn't keep it open all night.
3) Good noise insulation- with the window closed we couldn't hear any street noise.
4) Shower- rather interesting design. As mentioned before (and you can see from my photos), one side of the shower is a pane of glass which is frosted in the middle. Even though I was travelling with my partner, it's still rather strange and felt a bit seedy/ kinky.
5) Room was quite dark at night
6) TV channels- there are plenty but non in English.
7) Wifi- it's free but there a rather ungenerous time limit.
When we first arrived at the hotel, there were two women smoking at the entrance. We subsequently found out that there two women must work/ related to the hotel, as we saw them every morning during our stay. They were never friendly or greeted us as guests at the hotel, and smoking at the small entrance created really bad impression.
Overall, we like the fact that it's a new hotel and convenient location, and while we usually prefer boutique over chain hotels, we didn't like the room design. Also, we chose the hotel due to the availability of A/C which didn't work that well so that was a let down.
So overall, it's more than good enough for us, but nothing outstanding either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our modern non-smoking hotel is located directly in the center of Munich, only a 5-minute walk from the Munich Central Station The 24 hour Rilano service includes both: WIFI completely free of charge in the entire hotel as well as free phone calls Germany-wide. The 53 fully air-conditioned rooms are equipped with wooden floors, 3D-flat-screen TV, laptop safe and rain shower. The bed with Xenergy mattress, specifically designed for the Rilano Group, makes you sleep perfect. The 24|7 Corner of our city hotel, which replaces the traditional mini-bar, offers a selection of small and special delicacies as well as cold and hot drinks. The nearby central station offers direct connections to the Munich Trade Fair and Munich Airport. The city center and the Oktoberfest are an eight minute walk or one underground stop away. New: Breakfast in the brand new Coffee Fellows Shop: From now on you can enjoy your breakfast in the newly opened Coffee Fellows Shop inside the hotel. Until 10:00 pm our guests can enjoy alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks and snacks at the bar of the new Coffee Fellows. From March, our guests can look forward to a small terrace with about 14 seats in front of the Cafe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Rilano 24/7 Muenchen City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.