“Munich”

Ranked #119 of 382 Hotels in Munich
Southern Finland, Finland
“Munich”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Shower fan very loud, and clerk didn't know how to turn it off, gave me a new room! I then learned that the fan is controlled by the light switch.

Breakfest was quite plain, but sufficient.

Nicly located within working distance from Rosenheimer Platz train station as well as the office.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed May 20, 2013

As soon as I walked into the hotel, I was greeted by a very nice gentleman who worked the front desk, very friendly and helpful, my room was not ready so he took my luggage to the luggage room. There was coffee in the hotel lobby which I enjoyed after a very long flight. 8.5 hours

The elevators worked and were very clean, walked into my room, it was spotless.

The hallways were spotless, very clean hotel. I read some reviews about it being noisy, I never experienced this, or I was just too tired every night from sight seeing nothing would of woke me up.

The beds I found comfortable, I loved the down filled covers and pillows. My room was big enough, I booked a double for myself, the rate was 69 cdn, I thought that price was really good for a European hotel.

The bathroom was cleaned everyday, it was a good size, but I am a small person so I can see it being maybe small for a tall or big person. (its only a bathroom)

What I looked forward to every night was the two free bottles of mineral water and beer, after walking all day it made it very special. There were apples everyday in the lobby, which was good, I was eating on the cheap so something healthy like an apple was very appreciated.

The front desk were always accommodating and answered questions in a very polite manner, which is rear in hotels today.

I used the gym only one day, it was in good working condition, Used the laundry facilities, they to worked.

I really loved this hotel, if I came back to Munich I would book this hotel, the neighborhood was nice and close to a really nice river, which was good for strolls. I never did had breakfast at the hotel, but I did peek in and the food looked very fresh and it looked like a good selection.

There is a small faint of cigerette smoke, I just chalk it up as a different culture, the Europeans are not as anti smoking as us in North America

Room Tip: Your windows do open in case you find your room warm or stuffy. there is a kitchenette, which you c...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
London
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at the Derag Max Emanuel. The hotel is slightly old fashioned but generally very clean with an excellent breakfast buffet. The rooms we stayed in were singles and a little 1990s but great for the price. I would recommend this hotel for a short stay but not if you want something lively.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank barabas75
Vadodara, India
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The rooms are very small to stay. The bathroom is too congested and one hardly finds a space to bath.
Internet speed is horrible, you can get connection at night only when every one is asleep.
The location is very good in the city center. The gym, spa and sauna facility is good.
its good if you have to stay about one week but would not recommend for longer stay.

Room Tip: Take room on 3rd or 4th floor and on the balcony side (south passage)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Derag_Livinghotels, Verkaufsleiter at Derag Livinghotel am Deutschen Museum, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thanks a lot for your feedback. Our rooms have a size of approximately 23m². Unfortunately there was a problem with our internet connectivity within the last weeks. We regret that these problems occured during your stay.
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

This is absolutely the most horrible place I've stayed in.
The area outside the hotel has an unpleasant smell.
The rooms get too hot. Open the window and the smell from outside will get in.
They provide free Internet but it doesn't work in the rooms and the receptionist has to say "you are doing something wrong".
The beds are very uncomfortable and I have to remove the bed sheets, put them on the ground and literally sleep on the ground.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Mohit A
Derag_Livinghotels, Verkaufsleiter at Derag Livinghotel am Deutschen Museum, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thanks a lot for your feedback. We regret that you could not enjoy your stay in our hotel. The odour from outside was due to the fertilizing the outside plants. We would like to apologise for this.

Regarding the internet we had some issues within the last weeks.

We would like to apologize that your matress was not confortable for you.

Team and management of Derag Livinghotel Max Emanuel
Here
Reviewed April 12, 2013

A short one night stay. I was very pleasantly surprised by the accomodation on the sixth floor - a nice spacious apartment over 2,5 levels plus balcony. Would be good for a longer stay with an adequately equipped kitchenette and plenty of living space for one. All staff encountered were friendly and helpful. The only drawback was that at morning peak time it was hard to find a seat for breakfast (hence reduced by one rating point). Also very easy to reach by public transport.

Room Tip: Top floor apartments very spacious and well-equiped
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MrLpHH
Derag_Livinghotels, Verkaufsleiter at Derag Livinghotel am Deutschen Museum, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thanks a lot for your feedback. We are pleased that you enjoyed you stay in our hotel.

Our breakfast room has space for approximately 60 persons. We regret that you couldn't find a seat during your stay. Please apoligize this issue.

Team & Management of Derag Livinghotel Max Emanuel.
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip for nearly 3 months and the stay overall was good. I found it to be value for money, with a good spread of breakfast. The location is a good plus with stores and budget restaurants around (near the S bahn station - Rosenhiemer platz)

• Stayed March 2012
Derag_Livinghotels, Sales Manager at Derag Livinghotel am Deutschen Museum, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Thanks a lot for your positive feedback! We hope to welcome you again at Derag Livinghotel Max Emanuel.

Team & Management of Derag Livinghotel Max Emanuel