“Decent Hotel”

Ranked #143 of 389 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Services OK,
The rooms are clean, in a quiet place , nearby is a LIDL + groceries
hotel close to the center, and to the rail station and also close from the departure point of all extra trips out of Munchen
Overall a fare price paid for people who would like to have decent services
each time I go to Munchen I stay here

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Reviewed February 12, 2014

i've been to this hotel 3 times. very reasonable rates -- cost me some 550 euros for 7 nights last summer! excellent location -- a stone's throw from the hauptbanhoff and within walking distance to the city center. rooms are small and cozy. TV channels dont cater for the non-german speakers -- though i believe there was a movie channel in english! there is a Lidl supermarket across the street, the train station has its own food stores, and down the street is a megapizza place with one of the est pizzas I have ever had!.....My only problem with the hotel was breakfast -- they tend to be very slow at refilling the food-trays! German- don't - waste philosophy! be an early bird! will i go there again? --- YOU BET!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank annacats1961
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Probably as in every city, this hotel's location speaks for itself. Surrounded by brothels, casinos, strip clubs and homeless people. Hotel itself is not too bad for the money spent. There is however no free wifi (5€/day) - though we did not have a luck to get one (they ran out of them...). breakfast simple but ok. Only German TV channels with one Eng - CNN. Quiet and clean rooms.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Pavlus1986
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I have been to this hotel 2 times in 2013 & i have found it to be like home. The rooms are clean, the bed sheets & towels are changed on a daily basis, the food is average & the staff speak good english & very helpfull especially Eve at reception, she will go out of her way to help you feel at home. The hotel is about 10 minutes by walk to city centre. & across the street there is a LIDLE supermarket if you want drinks & food etc. One block away there is the main railway & subway station. So i think one cannot expect better than this. I highly recomment it. Enjoy !!

Room Tip: I Always like i room to the street so i could look out & see the activity, Some people say it...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank heaven2014
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I came here for a Christmas Market citybreak and the hotel was a good choice. Very friendly reception and my room on the 5th floor ( there are lifts!) was warm and cosy . I requested non-smoking and a double bed by email before my departure and I got it! No fuss what-so-ever.The breakfast was probably one of the best I have had on my city breaks. Smoked salmon,eggs sausages pastries,assorted breads and jams, salami and cheese's etc.. Couldn't ask for better.It's a budget hotel and the location is good for getting around . I got to see everything I wanted. It's about 5 minutes walk from the main train station, so no need for a taxi. Straight from the airport on the train (to the main station.) The hotel was very helpful with advice on places to go and provided a map.I am a senior and I was on my own and I walked just about everywhere. The area is not the most desirable, but it's very cosy and comfortable so I didn't mind.I would stay there again. I always bring a travel kettle for coffee and tea, there are enough wall sockets for this and for your mobile phone charger.

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking room ( if you want) and any other requests by email before you depart,
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank srichman48
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Hotel is very close to the centre of munich, only took us about 5 minutes to get to Marienplatz (the old town of Munich) which meant we walked everywhere which saved travelling on the U-Bahn. The reception staff were very friendly and accommodating and went out of their way to help us. A double room was pretty standard but always clean and breakfast was great; lots of choice from traditional German foods to chocolate brownies!! Only down side was that there was no safe in the room and unfortunately wifi was €5 for 24hours. Not in the nicest part of town but not threatening! Apart from that, great central hotel and great value for money.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Laura H
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We stayed here these week for two days. The hotel is well ubicated near the central train station and it offers a deposit room in which you can leave your luggage and it was great for us that arrived here in the early morning.
Rooms and clean and very hot! It was a pleasure to have relax in the room while outside it was like a freezer! Staff was professional but they rarerly speak with us. We would have liked to tell them about our trips or impressions. Breakfast is complete: rich and it offers some bavarian specialities!
We love this hotel and surerly we will return! Ciaooo

• Stayed: December 2013