“A great hotel”
Review of Germania Hotel

Germania Hotel
Ranked #156 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I have been to this hotel 2 times in 2013 & i have found it to be like home. The rooms are clean, the bed sheets & towels are changed on a daily basis, the food is average & the staff speak good english & very helpfull especially Eve at reception, she will go out of her way to help you feel at home. The hotel is about 10 minutes by walk to city centre. & across the street there is a LIDLE supermarket if you want drinks & food etc. One block away there is the main railway & subway station. So i think one cannot expect better than this. I highly recomment it. Enjoy !!

Room Tip: I Always like i room to the street so i could look out & see the activity, Some people say it...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank heaven2014
There are newer reviews for Germania Hotel

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I came here for a Christmas Market citybreak and the hotel was a good choice. Very friendly reception and my room on the 5th floor ( there are lifts!) was warm and cosy . I requested non-smoking and a double bed by email before my departure and I got it! No fuss what-so-ever.The breakfast was probably one of the best I have had on my city breaks. Smoked salmon,eggs sausages pastries,assorted breads and jams, salami and cheese's etc.. Couldn't ask for better.It's a budget hotel and the location is good for getting around . I got to see everything I wanted. It's about 5 minutes walk from the main train station, so no need for a taxi. Straight from the airport on the train (to the main station.) The hotel was very helpful with advice on places to go and provided a map.I am a senior and I was on my own and I walked just about everywhere. The area is not the most desirable, but it's very cosy and comfortable so I didn't mind.I would stay there again. I always bring a travel kettle for coffee and tea, there are enough wall sockets for this and for your mobile phone charger.

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking room ( if you want) and any other requests by email before you depart,
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank srichman48
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Hotel is very close to the centre of munich, only took us about 5 minutes to get to Marienplatz (the old town of Munich) which meant we walked everywhere which saved travelling on the U-Bahn. The reception staff were very friendly and accommodating and went out of their way to help us. A double room was pretty standard but always clean and breakfast was great; lots of choice from traditional German foods to chocolate brownies!! Only down side was that there was no safe in the room and unfortunately wifi was €5 for 24hours. Not in the nicest part of town but not threatening! Apart from that, great central hotel and great value for money.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Laura H
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We stayed here these week for two days. The hotel is well ubicated near the central train station and it offers a deposit room in which you can leave your luggage and it was great for us that arrived here in the early morning.
Rooms and clean and very hot! It was a pleasure to have relax in the room while outside it was like a freezer! Staff was professional but they rarerly speak with us. We would have liked to tell them about our trips or impressions. Breakfast is complete: rich and it offers some bavarian specialities!
We love this hotel and surerly we will return! Ciaooo

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Matrioska R
Reviewed October 10, 2013

If on a budget this hotel is fine it does however lack a few things such as coffee & tea facilities in the room & a double room is much smaller than a twin, breakfast is only just acceptable, rooms are hot & when you open a window the street noise is loud! It's way overpriced during Octoberfest. It is however only 5 to 10 mins walk to the trains & marianplatz .... This is where u find everything u need incl good restaurants & bars.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jeff C
Reviewed October 9, 2013

The staff at the front desk was very friendly, speaking in English with ease. Our rooms weren't ready when we arrived and we were able to store our luggage in a locked closet. It was in a perfect location to walk to Oktoberfest. Unfortunately, the rooms were a step up from a hostel. If you have a room near the lift, you will hear it all night. If you have a room with windows facing the street, you will hear drunken patrons entering/exiting the adjacent casinos throughout the night. The front desk quoted a travel companion of ours a certain price to use the phone to call the US to settle credit card fraud and upon check out said the remaining charges on the room were five times the amount quoted.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Patricia W
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Arrived at hotel at 7.30am from over night train from Paris. Easy to find - only a 5 minute walk from railway station.
Lovely lady at reception said check in was at 3 but that if I came back at 1 she would find a room for me. They also stored my luggage for me. I returned to the hotel at 2 and was immediately given a room

The room was quite large (larger than I expected) and the bed very comfortable. I was unwell while there and needed a doctor, once again the receptionist was very helpful.

I was traveling on my own and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to other solo travelers

• Stayed: September 2013