“A classic Bavarian experience”
Review of Zur Post Hotel

Zur Post Hotel
Ranked #158 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Booked late and expected nothing but this was a very pleasant surprise. Traditional Bavarian uniforms great German food and a lovely experience! Biggest hotel room I've ever stayed in! would stay again.

Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for one night while on business in Germany.
the hotel is really outdated, even the TV's are still old fashioned.

stay away from the hotel restaurant, the food is horrible and over priced ( about 20 Euros for a dry and not fresh salmon). the worst thing was the restaurant manager, who didn't have the patients to answer any of our questions and kept rolling his eyes when we asked for his help in English.
Bad, Bad, Bad

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ILAS21
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Good hotel with friendly staff. Close to the business area. Ideal for Business travelers. Close to Munich city. train and other means of transport easily accessible. 25 minutes drive from Munich Airport.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The hotel is cosy, comfortable and conveniently located to the train station. The hotel sell a daily train ticket which is valid for the day until 6am next morning covering the inner city zone. This is excellant as I did not have to figure out the ticket machines at the train station. Its an excellent facility. Breakfast was tasty with both hot and cold buffet available. I had a lovely stay and would highly recommend this hotel. Menu is available in English also. Staff extremely friendly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Annette M
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed one night here when were headed to Vienna. It was a clean, nice hotel with an excellent breakfast! The price was really convenient compared to others in Munich. The staff was helpful. The location is also convenient.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank bilge_k_a
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed here whilst on a recent business trip.

Having previously stayed in the Hotel Jagdschloss in Pasing, I decided the myself and my colleague would stay here as it is in the center of Pasing town unlike Hotel Jagdschloss.

We arrived late morning on a Saturday. The very nice lady at reception told us we would have to wait 20 minutes. This was completely understandable as we were still a few hours early for check-in. We sat in the beer garden and decided to order a beer. The bar staff were a little bit snide until I began speaking in German to them to let them know that I knew exactly what they were saying.

Check in was 20 minutes or so later as promised. Though we had booked two single rooms I was given a room with a double bed. Bonus!

The room itself was sparse but functional and exactly what I expected. Bed, wardrobe, chair, tv (with at least one channel in English, CNN if I remember correctly) and WC with shower. The water pressure was fanstic. Room service keep the place spotless.

Breakfast was a mix of continental and cooked. Both were delicious.

The hotel is only a few minutes walk from the train station. The S8 will take you to and from the airport in about 40minutes and there are also S trains to take you into Munich city centre in no more than 15 minutes.

There are a few bars and restaurants in Pasing all within 3 minutes of the hotel. The best bar is the Augustiner place about 150 metres to the left of the hotel entrance. Great craic and friendly locals (once you break the ice). The Schweizer Hof is about the best place for food.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel for business and I am even considering staying here on a personal trip to Munich.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We ended up in Munich a night early and with our other hotel booked, we had to find a place to stay last minute. We booked this room and even at 90 Euro it was overpriced. The room had no fan, and smelled like smoke. When we opened the windows, we heard a wedding party in the garden outside and they smoked and were loud throughout the night. I woke up twice smelling smoke so bad I had to go to the bathroom, drink water, and breathe through a towel to clear my lungs. It was gross.

People brought their dogs here and in the morning, the dogs went to breakfast with them! It is very gross to have animals in your indoor breakfast eating area!

The hotel is also far- too far to walk comfortably so you need a bus pass. Also, not much in the neighborhood.

The front desk was friendly and we enjoyed our free bottle of water. However, I cannot stand smoke and smelling it throughout the night was too much for me. I left needing a shower in a clean hotel room to get the smell out.

Room Tip: Maybe rooms that face the street are less smokey?