“Location , Location , then Location”

Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munchen
Ranked #20 of 383 Hotels in Munich
Doha, Qatar
“Location , Location , then Location”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Perfect location
Either you're on Business trip or sight seeing , or like most of us enjoying near by shopping paradise.
I got the business room and it was REALLY Small. I do not recommend it anymore. spend little more and get more area.
Restaurants and lounge are cool places too

Room Tip: I got the business room and it was REALLY Small. I do not recommend it anymore. spend little more an...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Khaled E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Vergiate, Italy
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Room was very comfortable and modern, the staff are what you expect from a fine hotel. Excellent breakfast with lots of choice. The hotel is centrally located.
Given the quality the room price was very competitive.
A hotel I certainly will come back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank tra73
Northern New Jersey
Reviewed May 8, 2014

This was my first time in Munich and this hotel is in the center of it all. We checked in early on Easter morning and it was efficient and friendly. We decided to have dinner at the hotel that evening because it was convenient and it was really great. The breakfast buffet had a lot of choices and was good too. The bathroom was spacious and had lots of room for toiletries on the counter above the sink. There was a tv screen in the mirror but we never figured out how to turn it on. I have to give a special thank you to Robert at the concierge desk. He helped us reserve train tickets, let us borrow an electrical adaptor and helped me place a local call. He was friendly and didn't make me feel like he was doing me a favor which is what I have experienced at other hotels in Germany. Everyone at the hotel spoke flawless English which is great for us single language Americans! I'm not giving this hotel 5 stars only because of the lighting in the room. It was very dark in the room even with all of the lights on which makes it difficult in the evenings. Other than that I would say this was a clean, luxurious hotel in a great central location.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We love going to Munich and Vier Jahreszeiten is the perfect spot to go. Even if we go for business, shopping or just a weekend this hotel has everything we like: great location, nice personnel, good food.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Extremely well situated, personnel too nice, excellent restaurant for gourmet dinner , also extremely pleasant with a child . Only problem was the loud noise of the ventilators outside which almost make you shut the Window at night, as our room was probably 2 nd choice, on the second back inner court .

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank MariekeM
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I had the chance to stay in this hotel where I was warmly welcomed by the reception, with proper and efficient check-in.

They have given me a back view room, however, it was new refurbished room quite and well equipped.

Usually, i evaluate F&B of any hotels, by test of their espresso, and in this hotel it was a very good one, hence, I headed to the bar, and I was pretty much satisfied, spending few hours in a cosy place.

I had a little incident where I have been charged for I-Pad charger, which i believe the previous guest must have taken it with him!!, and since i do not carry I-Pad, I have sent email to manager in-charge expressing my disappointment, he immediately apologised and refund me back, which I believe this is an indication of how serious these people about the job that they are doing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Alhouri
Redding, California
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Not my first stay with this chain...but this time was a bit disappointed with the service. Had a problem with the tv and had to call front desk for a technician - made two calls to report the problem yet no one came to fix it. The lobby has a lovely coffee shop, great pastries, perfect location - walking distance to the old town and the gardens.

Lobby has a strong smell of cigarettes - so non smokers beware

Room Tip: Higher floors towards the back of the street ...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
WebVierjahreszeiten, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munchen, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski München.
We are sorry to read that we were not able to solve the problem with the TV in your room. Please accept our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

Usually our Lobby doesn’t smell of cigarettes as our public areas are all non-smoking.
We hope that you will give us the chance to prove to you that this particular experience is not indicative of our usual standards of service and quality.

Warm regards