“Traditional Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munich!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munchen

Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munchen
Ranked #19 of 380 Hotels in Munich
Baku, Azerbaijan
“Traditional Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munich!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

This was a different experience of Kempinski to us! This hotel is one of the oldest Kempinski hotels to-date! You can feel it is a traditional and hystorical place.

The hotel has re-novated the superior rooms (very small but very stylish, shower with touch-screen buttons, great amentities and facilities available), also have new medium-size gym, spa and swimming pool to relax after shopping in rainy Munchen)). Breakfast was rich, hotel staff was helpful, an excellently working old OTIS lift of 70s (!!) plus other modern glassy lifts available at different parts of hotel, National Theatre is a 3 min walk distance, main sightseeings are in a short walking distance (spot: Marienplatz was surprisingly awkward and small but still so cute))).

Overall, it was a very good stay overall. I would recommend this hotel to the business, solo and tradion-lovers )))

Room Tip: Hint: the hotel suggests some specious room options but in reality these are old "traditional&q...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

The helpful staff complement the unbeatable location. but the rooms need a makeover to make this place worth the price. It is easy to be complacent with little competition. So, the hotel is not ready for a place among the elite of Europe

• Stayed April 2013
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

After maybe 10 years, I decided to give this hotel another chance. It did not work. I had been staying at another top hotel nearby in the last few years but out of curiosity, I went back to the Kempinski to see if things are different.

On Tripadvisor, I read a lot of complaints about renovation works at this hotel. This place has seen continuous renovations for many years. I have friends and business associates in Munich and they confirmed my suspicions. One wonders what it is that causes this kind of disorganisation.

The Junior Suite I stayed in looked like it had not been changed for 20 years – it resembled the last Junior Suite I stayed in about 10 years ago. The carpet was worn out and torn in some places. If there are new rooms with touch lights and touch shower temperature panels, I never saw them. Nothing was high tech in my room and the wardrobes were strikingly similar to the ones they had when my parents stayed there over 20 years ago.

Furnishings in my room were truly Spartan. The bathroom was big and white, resembling bathrooms in hospitals. By opening the window, I could see the courtyard with all the construction/renovation equipment piled up.

The old wooden doors have no door-chain or a peep-hole and I did not feel secure as I can never tell who is knocking on my door. I told Reception staff about it and they said that they would mention it to senior management.

Really, the only thing that seems to make people curious about staying in this hotel is its centralised location and its proximity to the best shops. It is by no means a 5 star hotel in my opinion. I trust the reviews of the Tripadvisor community and therefore believe that there must be a few high tech rooms with fantastic facilities, but unfortunately I have not seen any of them.

I feel sorry for the staff as they are really polite and try to be efficient, which is difficult as the hotel itself seems to work against their good intentions. This is very sad as I do not believe that anything is going to change any time soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Grace S
WebVierjahreszeiten, Director of Sales at Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munchen, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your comment. We understand your disappointment with our product provided to you, and would like to thank you for your constructive feedback. We appreciate receiving feedback from our guests, even if it is of a critical nature.

We deeply regret that you had an unpleasant experience while staying with us. In order for us to follow up with you, please kindly contact our General Manager Axel Ludwig at +49 89 2125 0 referring to this review title.

We are aware of the fact that we are unable to remove your recent experience at our hotel, but we sincerely hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

With best regards
Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munich Team
M3lyssa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Located on Munich's version of Rodeo Drive and just around the corner from the town center, you could not pick a better location for a luxury hotel.
We felt slightly out of place dragging in from our overnight flight, but the staff didn't blink an eye and treated us like we belonged there, despite our appearance.
Our room faced an interior courtyard, so not much of a view, but we were not looking for a view.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank M3lyssa
Miramar Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

The location couldn't be better with all of the very high-end designer stores across the street as well as a less than 5 minute slow stroll to the Hofbrau House and several other nice cafes. The hotel is big, thus resulting in constant waiting at the reception/concierge desks. The employees are very helpful and nice, but still a huge convention type atmosphere. The prices in the lobby bar are very expensive, even by European standards. Our suite was very spacious and well appointed and we were pleased by it even though a thicker curtain, such as on a cruise suite, would have been welcome to separate the bedroom. Breakfast is not to be missed. It is incredible, with more than 10 fresh juices and a whole room devoted to breads in addition to all the meats, cheeses, eggs, and healthy foods. Champagne is included! Service was uneven throughout the hotel, but the important things were taken care of quickly. Would recommend for those who don't mind a larger property with a can't be beat location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ndestin
Sakarya Province, Turkey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed hotel as a group of more than 50 people. We are all from the same country. In th e first morning, I suddenly waked up at 07:45 and some other next room friends. We went out from th eroom and try to understand what was happening. It was REPAIRMENT something upstairs. This is a drilling machine!!! It took 20-25 minutes. I recorded to my gsm camera all noises.

Next day, the same monster was working, it was the same drilling machine. I went up and saw what was happening. It was a planned repairing said workers.

I went down to the reception, I told them there was amazing noise upstairs. I gave the cam record to reception officer. He listened. Then he looked at me strange and told me "Let me check it Sir" ??!! he looked his computer and told me "Yes, you are right, there is a renovation(!) at the hotel". I could not believed I told him. Am I right? Huh. And what would you do? Just sorry, apoligize bla bla...

I did not believe what I suffered. I wrote a letter to hotel manager. He send me biscuits and a letter for apologize. I tols them why you dont offer me tyo change the room? They were in silence, because all the same people from same country is a wall of renovation(!) place. The other people may ask for the same!!!

I did not satisfy and I wrote a letter to center of the Kempinski from the internet. They wrote the renovation is for me!!! The renovation is better for me for future staying.

The hotel may be a local one, not international. The quality understanding is under zyro. They are always right, you are guilty.

Lets forget this matter. The sink is incredible! It is for children. Look at my photo, you can not fit your hand in to sink. This causes the dirty water drop from your elbow to the hanger below the sink. Nobody clean it. Your towel is on the dried dirty stuff mixed soap and mucus.

Dont you believe me? Just try it.

Money is not important, trouble spoilts you!

Room Tip: Dont perefer this hotel and rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Gokhan T
WebVierjahreszeiten, General Manager at Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munchen, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear guest,

We would like to personally thank you for your mail and your comments. We understand your disappointment with our product and the service provided to you and would like to thank you for your constructive feedback.

We deeply regret that you have had an unpleasant experience while staying with us. In order for us to follow up with you please kindly contact our General Manager Axel Ludwig at +49 89 2125 0 referring to this review title.

We hope that we can work together towards solving this issue, and welcome you once again in the future.

Yours sincerely,
Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski München Team
Lidingö, Stockholms Län, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is a beautiful, old style hotel, with service like the old days. Everybody comes running to take your bag, escort you to the restaurant, do whatever is needed to make you feel at home. It is clearly populated by the rich and not the glam. Consequently the place was a bit dead on a Monday night. The rooms are modern clean and comfortable, internet is free, the views are well...its the Centre of Munich what did you expect. There was a bit of building work going on the outside of the hotel and I could hear drilling from my room. I approached an employee in the corridor and made a small complaint since it appeared to be above my room. She was not particularly helpful and since I had a headache, I couldn't be bothered to argue about it. WOuld have been nice to have been offered a room change since I had just checked in. But this is a small gripe and in general the place is excellent, if not a bit pricey.

Room Tip: Not near the building work!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business