“Great location and vibe”

Biergarten am Chinesischen Turm
Book In Advance
More Info
$70.84*
and up
Private Tour: Munich Segway Tour Including...
Ranked #46 of 373 things to do in Munich
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I am certain you will want to get to the Englischer Garten as it is a superb park in the middle of München. Take your walking footwear and make a point to spend time at Chinesischen Turm. It isn't the pagoda, although it is interesting, but the vibe from the tourists and locals. If it is sunny and warm, get to their beer garden. Everyone is having a great time. At the green tables you need to get up and go get your beer and food. You will get a token for a refund on the beer stein you return when empty. When I was there a Bavarian band was playing in the Tower. I had a huge bretzel that was as good as any I have had in Germany. I have a lot in Germany. The beer was pretty good too and average price.

1  Thank AirSchis
in 9 reviews
"during oktoberfest"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I'm sure that there is better beer and food to be had in Munich, but the location, atmosphere, oompah band and the sheer organisation of this massive place made it special for us. We were surrounded by what appeared to be locals, and while there were a few obvious tourists being loud around it still felt part of a local park which people from the city gravitated to.

The pork knuckle was a little dry, but nicely cooked and the token system worked well and quickly for the deposit on the glass. The potatoes were great!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We arrived to this beer garden during a bike tour through the city. Upon arrival i couldn't believe how packed it was. It was a sight to see. We search and found a place to sit down and then a group of us we to get some food and beer. The food was so fresh and tasted excellent. I got some sausages and potatoes which was very good. The price was good for what you got. Also the beer was so good! Tasted like nothing i have ever had. Coming from Canada we have ok beer but the beer in Germany is something else. Overall i really enjoyed my time here and would go again for sure.

2  Thank WorldTraveler2192
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Visited here as part of the bike tour we were on.
Husband ordered the pork knuckle (tough) and I pointed to the large white sausage as there was so much noise and heaps of people to say chaotic would be an understatement. The surly staff member said " you speak English then why did you not say white sausage then" and threw it on a plate along with the poorest tasting sauerkraut we had tried.
Location lovely but I would not eat or drink there again, much better places in munich.

1  Thank mkno8759