“Quiet, efficient & comfortable”

Courtyard Munich City East
Ranked #112 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Pleasant rooms, fast service and extremely quiet. There is a tram station nearby, fast hotel internet connection and a reasonably priced bar & restaurant as well as several other dining options within a short walk of the hotel. Perfect for a trip to Munich.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Munich City East

Reviewed April 13, 2014

This hotel is exactly what you would expect from a Courtyard by Marriott. Great front desk service, very friendly yet professional. Adequate rooms, nice furniture and bathroom. Plenty of power outlets and WiFi fast enough for streaming TV or Skype. You know what you get and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Location was near to station. The hotel itself dont have self laundry but you can get it by walking to Resident Inn (next block) . Food at MAX was bad, it took really long time to serve and they seem not enough staff.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Chewys2014
Kayhan K, General Manager at Courtyard Munich City East, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Chewys 2014,

We appreciate very much that you took the time to provide us with important feedback about your stay.

We are very sorry to hear that your experience at our MAX restaurant was not to your satisfaction. In order to investigate the detailed circumstances of that day, it would be very helpful if you could provide us with some information about your visit to the restaurant (date, and if possible time) at cy.mucor.welcome@marriott.com . I will then address this topic directly with the respective associates in order to avoid such incidents in the future.

Since excellent customer service is our top priority every day, I would like to sincerely thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve continuously.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again at our hotel,
With best regards from Munich,

Kayhan Kilit,

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Really perfect stopover en route to skiing. We had two adjacent rooms for a family of 4. The check-in double act, one man, one lady, last night (Friday) could have not have been more welcoming and accommodating (and my wife tells me I am fussy). The other main thing we noticed was the really unusually QUIET nature of the hotel which was really welcome. We did not hear a thing - even the doors between the adjacent rooms were reassuringly thick. Decor etc of a high standard. Angelo's pizza/pasta place nearby (walking) is first class and highly recommended but you may have to queue. Parking on the street is free between 23-9, otherwise 1 euro an hour. Would gladly go back. Well done the front desk! Even the kids commented.

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Today I booked into a Courtyard and complained about the fact that I cannot check in for breakfast on the internet. I was told by receptionist to go to another hotel if I dont like it. I will do so next time. If this is called customer approach than I will not be a customer anymore.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Mirek H
Kayhan K, Manager at Courtyard Munich City East, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Mirek H,
I am very sorry to hear that you experienced an unpleasant situation during your stay at our Hotel.

Let me assure you that such behavior is not acceptable by any of our associates and that we have already addressed this specific situation with the respective Front Office Agent. Please accept my sincere apology for this incident.

Providing excellent customer service is our top priority every day. In your specific case, we obviously failed to do so, which does not reflect our brand standard.

I genuinely hope that we will be able to welcome you again in Munich in order to make up for your first impression of our Hotel and its services.

With best regards from Munich,

Kayhan Kilit,

Reviewed January 20, 2014

The hotel is fairly new, with modern fixtures and furniture. It's a short (3-5 minutes) walk from the Munich Ost train station. The S8 train from the airport drops you at this station, and there are trains every few minutes that will take you to the city center in a manner of minutes.

I arrived around 10am, which is extremely early in hotel terms. I expected I'd have to store my luggage and wait until the official checkin time for a room, but the front desk clerk (Moritz) was extremely friendly and accommodating and found me a room.

The room was pretty much what you'd expect from any Courtyard in the US - which means the room was absolutely massive by European standards. It had a large desk area with a height-adjustable comfortable chair (essential if you're planning on getting work accomplished during your trip). There were a large number of standard 2-pin Euro sockets around the desk, bed, and baseboards. If you're like me and pack a ton of gadgets, it's nice not to have to hunt for enough outlets. There's also a USB plugin next to the television that you can use to charge your phone/tablet/etc without needing to futz around with an adapter. The thermostat is a simple twist-knob for hotter or colder air - it doesn't let you set a specific temperature. I didn't have any trouble using it to stay comfortable.

The bathroom had a tub/shower combo with a glass door. Plenty of hot water and very strong water pressure. There's a magnifying mirror, hair dryer, sample-size toiletries, and plenty of towels. The wardrobe has "real" hangars instead of the annoying ball-and-slot hangars that some hotels insist on using. Standard iron and ironing board are clipped to the side of the wardrobe.

The tea and coffee service consists of an electric kettle and a nice leather-bound box containing a selection of tea bags and instant coffee.

Admittedly I stayed at the hotel during the "off season", but it was one of the quietest hotels I've ever stayed in. All of the doors have a flange that gives a complete seal, so noise and light don't "leak in" under and around the door. This is the first hotel where I've seen that - frankly, I wish more hotels would install similar doors. I suspect all bets are off during Oktoberfest, but you have to expect that.

Unlike Courtyards in the US, there isn't any free Internet access in the rooms. For better or for worse this is standard across Europe, even in "business oriented" hotels. This hotel does at least provide free WiFi in the lobby if you need to get an email/Facebook fix. They also have a kiosk and printer you can use to print your boarding passes for free.

I didn't try the restaurant that seems to have come in for a good bit of abuse by other reviewers, but honestly, you're in Munich - eating in a hotel restaurant should probably be your last resort. There are plenty of decent restaurants and cafes within a 4 block radius, and Marienplatz with hundreds of world-class restaurants is a short hop away on the trains. The room does have a small refrigerator, and there's a Lidl right around the corner and another in front of the train station if you want to engage in some ultra-cheap self-catering.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel - it'll look out over a very quiet residential area...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Michael L
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Large rooms typical of USA hotel rooms. My husband, adult son, and I had plenty of room in this hotel. We reserved a room for the three of us. Because we requested the backside of the hotel (quieter), we ended up with two European-sized beds and a cot upon entering the room. Although the beds were a slightly smaller than double beds, they were quite adequate for my husband and me. We elected to have the cot taken out. The bathroom was large.There was plenty of room to unpack all of our things from our suitcases. The breakfast was wonderful - something for everyone! Drinks and light meals were enjoyable in the lounge. The internet area was large and comfortable. It was a short, safe walk to the train station. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family