“An oddity in Munich; worth a visit, but take cash”
Review of Bar Tabacco

Bar Tabacco
Ranked #638 of 3,724 Restaurants in Munich
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Munich, Germany
“An oddity in Munich; worth a visit, but take cash”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My third visit to Bar Tabacco in about 5-6 years. It is something of a time capsule. You'd never stumble over it as it is very discreet, but whilst we were there people were bring turned away - good thing we booked. I go there for the atmosphere and the AMAZING steaks. Only in the US would you get similar. They tell me they are now sourcing from New Zealand. This is their speciality and I've never been disappointed. Good, professional, service. For reasons I can't fathom they only take cash - no cards (discourage people on business dinners?). Not cheap but worth it.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank RockThrust

Marlow, United Kingdom
“Back in time”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was introduced to this bar by a friend and over the course of the fifteen months I lived here I frequented this bar the most often. It is an extremely classy bar, serving high end cocktails and spirits, the menu for which is a leather bound book of about 50 pages. There is no show to the cocktail making, just pure class and service. If you can find it pop in, you have to experience it to understand it and I guarantee you will not be disappointed. Menu wise I have to agree with Andrew M, limited but what is served is of the same high calibre as the drinks.

• Visited May 2013
Boise, Idaho
“Awesome hideaway!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I had such a nice dinner date here! Cozy, smaller, intimate bar/restaurant!! My husband's steak was one of the best he's had!! Just the right answer for the evening!! Great wines, atmosphere, food. We were probably on the early side of dinner, so was not too crowded at all - I can imagine it fills up since it is such a quality spot!! Check on reservations to make sure you have a table so you don't miss this!!

• Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Bar Tabacco is hidden away behind the Frauenkirche and seems to be very much a local's hang-out, or for those in "the know". The bar is fairly small and dimly lit for extra atmosphere. The cocktail list is probably the biggest we have ever seen! The food menu is fairly limited and there isn't much room to sit unless you get there early. We had the "Sulzen" - which is an utterly unique dish of cold, jellied meat, egg and vegetables (!!) served with fried potatoes. We also had the "matjes" - very tasty pickled herring fillets. Worth a visit if only for the cocktails

• Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great steaks”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

A cosy and informal bar with food. We all had the same steaks so didn't really test the menu but enjoyed our meal. A bit steep to charge €6 for a bottle of water though.

Visited October 2012