“Truly Amazing Tours Around Munich”

Mike’s Private Tours of and beyond Munich
$49.84*
Third Reich Bike Tour in Munich
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Michael Lasher, founder of the famous Mike's Bike Tours of Munich, has over twenty years of experience as a tour guide in and beyond Munich. Born on Long Island in 1967, Mike and his senior tour guides Siggi and Hunter are undoubtably among the best tour guides in Munich for private excursions in and out of town. Siegmund, who is also the Mike's Bike Tours of Munich Operations Manager and Hunter have both been hosting these tours for over 5 years each (2018). We've never had any guests not absolutely LOVE their day out with us and find it hard to imagine how anybody wouldn't. We're experienced, professional, knowledgeable and easy-going guys who are also a pleasure to hold a conversation with on almost any subject beyond the topics of interest regarding tourism in Bavaria, should you be interested. Get in touch and let us show you an AWESOME time in and beyond Munich!
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

We are so glad that we chose Mike's Private Tours....we would not have visited so many places if we did our own. Thank you to Trip Advisor contributors who helped people like us to make wise decisions.

Siegmund was our first contact person and arranged the tour itinerary accordingly based on our request. Initially, our trip supposedly in April but due to father's condition, we postponed to July and Siegmund understanding was utmost appreciated. In fact, we added 2 more adults and 1 kid just weeks before our trip and Siegmund helped us with the arrangement. He was our guide on our first day of city tour....this also was done in the afternoon since we only left Zurich that morning. Siegmund was understanding with our request. We managed to visit Munich in 4 hours!!! A good introduction to Munich. Thank you Siegmund.

Richard, was our guide for the next 2 days. He was very friendly, patient and flexible with us throught the 2 days tour. We went to Lake Koegnigsee and Salzburg...even though it was raining throughout this trip, we enjoyed it nevertheless. The drive there itself was scenic and both places has their own beauty.

Richard shared all the historical information on all the 3 places visited on the last day - Obermangau, Linderhoff and my dream castle "Neushwanstein". We did maximum shopping at Obermangau and the houses with paintings was magnificient. Richard timing on the fountain at Linderhoff was a good one...we saw the fountain water shooting high to the sky...that was awesome!!! The trip to Neushwanstein was a memorable one in rain too...hahaha...with the visit inside the castle showing the best architectures that we have ever seen. Richard was very kind, pleasant to have communication with and he was good with kids too. His patience with our slow and easy pace is highly appreciated.

Overall, Mike's Private Tours was excellent in organizing this amazing trips and one will not regret choosing them as guide operators for Munich and its surroundings...we had a great time with them.

1  Thank LOGESHAN

Reviewed July 19, 2014

My family and I just returned from a 14 day trip to the Alps, and I must say one of the highlights was the private day tour with Sigmund! First, he was extremely patient with all my emails & questions, answering me very promptly! With him I was able to plan a wonderful itinerary that not only took me down memory lane, but also I was able to enjoy some new sights. He picked us up right on time at our hotel and we drove to Partmachklamm to see the beautiful gorge. I was VERY concern about the walk down Eckbauer Mountain after the cable car ride, but Sigmund was wonderful! I expressed that I was slow because of club feet and he was extremely patient with me and even helped me down a few of the step areas. The hike was gorgeous and the Partmachklamm was magical! I am so glad he pushed me and I couldn't have done it without his help! The best part about the tour was the spontaneous toboggan ride before we headed off to lunch. Afterwards he knew just the place to eat lunch just outside of Garmisch, off a pretty little lake. We then travelled to Linderhof Castle and made it just in time to see the fountain in front go. At first I was very worried we may not make it to Oberammergau, where I had been with my parents and wanted to show my daughter, but Sigmund was very kind to drive and spend some time there so I could show her. The day flew by and he was very delightful and had a good sense of humor. He was always quick too take a family photo of us too, which I really appreciated! I would really recommend his tours! He will work on anything you want and is extremely patient. He even arranged for a private bike tour for my husband the next day! Thank you Sigmund!!!

2  Thank Ko22
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Our family of four went on a tour of the towns of Garmisch and Oberammergau and King Ludwig II's castles - Linderhof and Neuschwanstein. Hunter Owens picked us up at our hotel and gave detailed background information while driving us on the tours and then brought us back to our hotel. Hunter knew where to stop for photos and kept us on track with getting to Neuschwanstein at the time of our tour.

Mike's Tours' private tour costs more than a group tour, but having a private tour guide allows for more flexibility in each location and we were able to ask questions more easily. Hunter's knowledge and friendliness made the additional cost a good value. We would book the tour again especially if this were our first visit in the area and we wanted to see as much as possible.

2  Thank TeamTex
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We had a group of 19 people with various personalities and abilities, and i was researching to find a company that could accomodate us. After finding MIke's Tours in Rick Steve's book, and seeing a good rating on trip advisor, I decided to reach out to them. Siggy did a good job of accomdating our requests and organizing our tours. Siggy was a solid host and guide, and kept things interesting and entertaining. We spent the 1st day tourinig Linderhof, Neuschwantstein, and took a few trips down the Tegleberg slide which was a highlight of the trip! We spent the 2nd day going to Herrenchiemsee (well worth the trip) and then on to Salzburg. Salzburg is a beautiful town, and one that I will visit again. Both days were fantastic, involved some serioius walking and some serious sightseeing, and a good time was had by all in large part due to Siggy and Mike's Tours.

2  Thank 55rdss
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We recently travelled to Munich so that my girlfriend and her daughter could visit the grave of her husband's uncle in the Durnbach War Cemetery about 30 minutes south of Munich. We knew it would be hard to get there by public transport and we didn't want to hire a car, so we searched for a private guide on Trip Advisor and found Siggy! He was wonderful in accommodating our needs. Yes, you pay more for a private guide, but it is sooooo worth it!
Siggy picked us up from the airport and drove us straight out to the peaceful area near Lake Tegernsee where the cemetery is located. We spent an hour or so there, which would have been hard to do, if we'd travelled from the train station by taxi.
Siggy was wonderful. He was entertaining and informative, and after our cemetery visit he lightened the mood by driving us up to a wonderful look out where my friend and her daughter, were able to see their first sight and feel of snow! We didn't think we'd be seeing it in April, so that was a nice surprise. We drove around and saw a bit of beautiful Bavaria, with a hot chocolate stop at a "cheese factory" (is that what you call them??) Siggy then drove us to our hotel and recommended some nearby restaurants for dinner.
If you're coming to Munich, I'd definitely recommend Siggy and Mike's Bike Tours as your Private Guide, especially if you have limited time....it so beats sitting on a big 50 seater bus with a heap of other tourists. Definitely worth the money!!
Thanks Siggy, it was a day to remember :)

2  Thank Cathy H